Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prj View Post
    I never did.
    You wrote that you made 6 pulls, did not touch timing, and run low timing.
    I said that you can get a lot more out of the motor, after you have time to tune it properly.
    ummmmm.

Originally posted by prj View Post
    You said yourself that you only did 6 pulls - 6 pulls is not a proper tune, I thought I was stating the obvious.
    6 pulls THIS DYNO SESSION. it was actually 7, but whatever. i didnt count the 20 minutes or so going up n down the revs, warming up, and no-load logging fuel.

now, you still have skirted this issue. these questions. please answer or go away. thanks.

Originally posted by speeding-g60 View Post
    1: why dont YOU explain the effects of "running 16-17 deg of timing on E85 on a 8.5CR motor".

2: what are your qualifications and your accomplishments?

3: please state your achievements and tuning qualifications
    thats all. you have fun, but you keep coming back to MY THREAD about MY CAR to argue with ME. I have a right to come to this thread, you just choose to.

and opinions are like a*s*s*h*o*l*e*s, everyone has one and most of them stink.

Comment

and since my tuner is no real tuner, this is what he tuned yesterday.

a simple Corrado. sort of.

made 957 whp tonight. pretty easily, too.

Built 2.9 24v, 10-1, filled block, coolant thru head, stock head/cams for now.
      Garrett GT4788 turbo, tubular header, T6 flange, one WG (needs work there) no IC, 4" charge pipe.
      Aeromotive mechanical fuel pump, 12x ID2000c injectors, Methanol, Motec M600 ECU and E888 Expansion Module, 6x EGT Sensors, stock 24v coilpacks, Lugnuts supplied components, Wired and Tuned lol.
      Liberty 5 speed trans, twin disc slipper clutch, Strange 4.56 rear end (too short), Input shaft sensor, Drive shaft sensor, 33" or so tires on 14" wheels.
      Ken's in Reading did the chassis. John at MMI did a lot of the engine fabrication, welding on the intake, etc. Car is beautiful.

Comment

and since my tuner is no real tuner, this is what he tuned yesterday.
        /facepalm
        You really have issues with reading comprehension, do you?

i could run PLENTY MORE TIMING if i had a need to, but i just dont. its safe, it gets me down the track. E-85 loves timing, and we will go for ~750 after i run 9's.
        You even said this yourself - and I agreed.
        This is exactly what I have been saying the whole time.

And I still don't get why you are acting like an *** for no reason.
        http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

these are your statements to which i took offense. by saying these, you imply that i or we do not know what we are doing.

I said that you can get a lot more out of the motor, after you have time to tune it properly.
          You said you did only 6 pulls - and I said the engine should break 750 when you have time to get it tuned properly. Which would mean a compliment on your engine - if anything.
          I'm curious to see what this engine can deliver after a proper tune
          i have plenty of time. i have patience, something you do not like me having it seems. i surely consider what i have done as a "proper tune".

Ask any tuner about running 16-17 deg of timing on E85 on a 8.5CR motor...
          funny, i thought i DID have a tuner tuning this car, and this was his tune and his choice. maybe i dont have a REAL TUNER? perhaps you should tune it then? i did ask you, and your reading comprehension missed that question i guess.

And you could not run more timing on 8.5:1 compression?
          Uhm, you can run this timing on a stock CR AAN engine on pump...
          insulting me by comparing a stock motor or tune.....

now as to your reading comprehension skills. these are things i wrote here:

if it was low 500's, i would have pushed timing into the equation.
          didnt do it as it is making good power now and will do it after i run it on the track.
          its making well enough power to do what i need it to do today. no need to push now.
          CALLED IT A DAY (night). we could have easily hit the 700 club.
          its running well, sounds and feels good, and is a safe tune that i do not need to push the limits hardcore with.
          i could run PLENTY MORE TIMING if i had a need to, but i just dont.
          i have plenty left in this setup trust me.
          car isnt a chip tuned car with a cranked WG. its a litte further developed than that.
          do a complete safe tune, do not push it because i dont need to.
          do you now understand why i am not trying to push too much?
          i do what I want not what YOU want.

so you see, how many times have i told you what i do/did and why i do it? many. yet you will not let go. and you are still ignoring a few questions that i have asked you, multiple times as well. since you feel qualified to rip apart what i do, i am asking you to show me these qualifications you possess. as well, since you have stated that a real tuner wouldnt run what i do, please tell me why?

now, you havent answered my questions.

1: why dont YOU explain the effects of "running 16-17 deg of timing on E85 on a 8.5CR motor".

2: what are your qualifications and your accomplishments?

3: please state your achievements and tuning qualifications

keep coming back. we can get this sorted out yet, you and i. i am sure of it. its not a matter of what i CAN or CANNOT do, its a matter of "i am doing what i WANT to do". and that is escaping you.

Comment

Nice numbers, car looks fast even standing still
            I can do 1/8 mile under 9 secs @ ~10 psi with stock Motronic, that's sloooow, LOL
            5vtq gte

Comment

keep coming back. we can get this sorted out yet, you and i. i am sure of it. its not a matter of what i CAN or CANNOT do, its a matter of "i am doing what i WANT to do". and that is escaping you.
              At 8.5 CR I could run 20 deg timing on 98 RON pump, on what was quite far from a stock engine. Even with your higher cylinder pressures, you should be able to run a lot more timing reliably - getting both lower EGT's and more power, since you are running E85.

I guess we have a different way of thinking - I like running things closer to their potential, so I see your car as not finished - as in, not tuned properly to the full potential. Might be that we see the word "properly" differently, I don't see anything offensive in it, neither did I mean to imply that you or your tuner had done a bad job - I simply stated my curiosity about what could be achieved running "proper" timing.

Even this all put aside - I still don't see why you throw around insults etc.
              Perhaps you misunderstood - as I am sure that you would not find what I said one gram offensive if I said it in person with proper intonation - on the other hand, it is not possible to interpret your response as nice.

Comment

here is a shot of two of my friends UrQs that came by to watch the amateur hour show at the dyno shop.

blue one is 10v with 2871R on IIc.
                red one is all stock 10vT.

they are both beautiful cars.....

Comment

Holy ****! Nice car but someWOT touchy owner.

I don't see any insults of any other than speeding-g60..?

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                  Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                  BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                  BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

yep. it was all me. you got me. fully unprovoked as well.

but thanks for the props.

i didnt come on here looking for advice from anyone. i didnt ask for help. i merely stated my progress. sue me.

Comment

@ speeding-g60.

We're here to help each other on the whole, just relax.
                      SS

Comment

Awsome numbers for a 4cyl

What running gear are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Audi_CQ View Post
                          Awsome numbers for a 4cyl

What running gear are you using?
                          why, THANK YOU.

01E from Euro TDI, 4kQ driveline, custom axles. cast "wishbones" (control arms here) front AND rear, center Torsen Lincoln-locked, rear locked.

Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
                          @ speeding-g60.

We're here to help each other on the whole, just relax.
                          yep. i understand that.

but do you, prj or anyone else recall me EVER ASKING FOR ANY HELP HERE IN THIS THREAD? no???

that is because i did not.

Comment

lest face it, the 4cylinder is crap.... if you wanna just pull it out and stick it on a pallett
                            awesome car, awesome work. keep it up

Comment

Originally posted by sam80quattro View Post
                              lest face it, the 4cylinder is crap.... if you wanna just pull it out and stick it on a pallett
                              Could not disagree more - if you were serious that is.

Comment

serious about sticking it on a pallet and sending it to me

Comment

Working...
                                X