648 AWHP 4cyl....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speeding-g60 View Post
    JP, your build on Edition38 was the reason i joined there in the first place, so i could see all of the pictures.... i have every one of them pertaining to my goal saved for reference.

http://www.edition38.com/forums/inde...t&fromsearch=1

so, prj, since you keep coming back, how about answering just one question for me.

keep in mind this is an honest sincere question not just being my usual self.

but do you think i would be safe to run 20 to 20.5 degrees timing? since we both seem to think yes, do you think i could do it?
    I've walked past that car quite a few times and never really paid it much attention, but often wondered about it's history. Just read the whole thread, wow, what a sad end to what promised to be an great car, hope you get round to finishing one day JP
    sigpic
    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Popcorn anyone?

Great work on this car. Keep it going mate.

Comment

in your pics that shows the head gasket failures you have some texts in spanish language

do you speak spanish too??

very sad to see your efforts/time/money to the waste like this

but now is different,good luck¡¡
        RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
        BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
        LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

3 years later HAHA. someone linked this thread so i reread it. i remember all of this. keep in mind i also came from VWVortex

i beat on this same motor until end of last year. i ran 47.42 psi most of the year, 42+ psi in 2nd gear even, and the motor was refreshed a couple times and it was doing great!!!!! i rebuilt it on the tailgate of the truck once, in front of the shop, using the same bearings. new rings, new headgasket, good to go. later on it also got new valves, and a quick hone. it was old, tired AND LOOSE! .007 to .008 piston-to-wall clearance. it survived a 12,011 rpm misshift. i even pulled the head and reused the headgasket once just because.

the power that motor ended up making was a fair bit more, as i said all along i needed to take things slowly. with the rear tires spinning it was pushing 870 awhp and >620 wtq. i will look into the timing and report back.

i should say, that reflecting back on this thread three years later, it really does appear that i have a huge chip on my shoulder towards Dmitri (prj) and i owe an apology for that. i did not take what was writtin in the context it was meant, and things spiraled out of control from there. and yeah, i was being an

Comment

here is the thread about the last power figures. and still not near its peak timing potential.

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67636

Comment

Working...
            X