Clear All

Pri get back in your Box

Arrons a top chap end of.
    Chef

Comment

Originally posted by terrybullwon View Post
      Pri get back in your Box

Arrons a top chap end of.
      thanks Chef. packages out on Monday, tracking to you Monday evening.

Comment

Originally posted by speeding-g60 View Post
        thanks Chef. packages out on Monday, tracking to you Monday evening.
        Thanks Dude

Aarons helped me out a whole bunch he did not have to he knows me only by James, Chef or Terrybullwon he's gone out of more than his way to help me many a time he did not have to do this at all.

Sure i have tried to do my bit but hes done more every time.

Props to him
        Chef

Comment

well, i am just that kind of guy kindred spirits i guess LOL

Chub says "you got a lotta stuff here "

Comment

Aaron, you know the score with these forums. If you post something, you have to expect the responses. Whether that's the carpet police, the sandal police, tuners giving their opinion.
            I'm not sure if you're response to Prj was totally called for, or maybe I missed something. I think he was originally trying to compliment you in his own way, by saying the engine you have there could still be capable of a lot more, even though it is currently producing good numbers. Don't let things get to you so much.

Sorry, I forget to say well done. That car of yours is impressive, whether it is running to its full potential or not. Respect is due for doing things your way. I'm a big fan of the 1.8T myself. I have two of them here.
            SS

Comment

perhaps you are right. maybe i shouldnt have snapped at prj. but he just kept coming back, making it worse and worse. i take offense to guys putting people down that work with me on my car. the statement that "when it gets a proper tune" that is what did it most likely. it has a proper tune. one that many many hours were spent on. a properly executed safe tune to meet the needs of the owner, not the forum bench tuners who do not know the person nor the goals of the car. plus, he never gave his credentials and experience, questions he has skirted numerous times.

but top of 2nd page, i explain in detail why i did what i did, do what i do, and didnt see the reason to be insulted saying that i am running the same as a stock car setup.

compare apples to airplanes, its ok. i guess i get offended when people try and pick apart what i am doing. i am pushing 500% output of the base motor i run, and that is not even close to comparing it to a stock tune or motor.

as i said, i tried the "jump in with both feet" approach a few times and it didnt work out so well. something about 412kpa that just doesnt work for me. so instead of jumping, i am baby stepping.

and i get crap for it.

i implore anyone to come on here, and post their 500% of factory output results. share whatever they want, but it had damned well better be 500% or more. then we can discuss THEIR tuning strategies, THEIR goals, and THEIR supposed shortcomings.

me, i am just a simple construction worker, who earns his money and has a hobby. i do what i do for fun, for me, and nobody else.

when i come here and ask for help, i hope everyone gives me the info and the reasons why they think so; then it will be open season. but until then, this was (and always will be) just a statement of my doing, nothing more.

when put on the defensive, i guess i am not very nice??

i am not out to push the ragged edge anymore, it costs too much money.

take care, its cool. if you have questions about it, feel free to ask. but i think i have pretty much spelled out why now eh?

Comment

why, THANK YOU.

01E from Euro TDI, 4kQ driveline, custom axles. cast "wishbones" (control arms here) front AND rear, center Torsen Lincoln-locked, rear locked.
                Are you using the TDI box because of gear ratios more suited for your setup (one less gear shift maybe?) or are they been proven stronger in some way for drag use?

Comment

^^^^ because i broke an 01E 5 speed and it was provided to me for free. and its held so far.

i only shift into 4th gear on a pass. the donor has expressed interest in the 5-6 gearset when we tear it down in prep for the dog-box. but until then i will continue to beat on it until that time.

its a given that the 1-2 gear set sucks for drag racing. i was taking 1st gear to 9300 rpm just to keep the revs up for the 1-2 shift last year, then 8800 or so for the other shifts.

we have a gear set designed for my application, just waiting for the AUD to come down, which doesnt look like it is going to happen soon. but at that time, it will have the gearbox built with a front Torsen i have sitting here, as well as the Chromoly spool Jyrki Repo has.... have 2 01E 6 speeds and 2 01E 5 speeds.....

and one of my 01E bellhousings is being used by a company called Quicktime, to develop an SFI rated bellhousing for any VAG motor that bolts to an 01E to use domestic transmission. like a T56, a Powerglide, whatever. thats for when i redo my MK1 rGTI into a RWD with a live axle 4-link setup and a longitudinal big turbo 20v. thats my next project.

Comment

me, i am just a simple construction worker, who earns his money and has a hobby. i do what i do for fun, for me, and nobody else.
                    Probably the best thing i've read or heard on the internet in the last few years

Comment

take offense to guys putting people down that work with me on my car. the statement that "when it gets a proper tune" that is what did it most likely. it has a proper tune. one that many many hours were spent on.
                      I applaud you for your selective reading and keeping on acting like an ******* time and time again.
                      For the final time, no one put down anyone - but it seems you choose to interpret it that way, and nothing is going to change this.
                      http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

so since it isnt on the ragged edge, it isnt proper enough for you. well i guess it doesnt matter to you, as it wasnt you that blew $20 grand flirting on the ragged edge, huh.

prj, you can eat a d*i*c*k now. and yeah, you can take that as not nice. :corey:

GTFO bud.

when i want your opinion i will give it to you. because anything you do of your own free will is worth nothing to me, including your comments to and about me.

Comment

so since it isnt on the ragged edge, it isnt proper enough for you. well i guess it doesnt matter to you, as it wasnt you that blew $20 grand flirting on the ragged edge, huh.

prj, you can eat a d*i*c*k now. and yeah, you can take that as not nice. :corey:

GTFO bud.

when i want your opinion i will give it to you. because anything you do of your own free will is worth nothing to me, including your comments to and about me.

I guess people can make up their own mind now.

Comment

you see, the nicer way to put your statement would have been "when it gets fully dialed in" or "when the final tuning is done".

but no, you found a way to spit out your brand of "compliment" which has negative connotation.

still have yet to see your qualifications on tuning and your experiences, other than running your d*i*c*k sucker here.....

blah blah blah.

g'nite. or g'day, whatever it is to you there.

Comment

you see, the nicer way to put your statement would have been "when it gets fully dialed in" or "when the final tuning is done".
                              Which is exactly what I meant from the start, and which was explained to you at least four times.
                              And you even understood that, yet you still need to act like an ***, because your ego is too big to admit you were wrong.

Comment

i guess all i had to do to see your vast experience with tuning and standalone engine management was to look at your background. because you still refuse to answer my queries. but now i see why you will not answer. because you havent any.

chip tuning. wow.

i guess since all you know is stock BS then i guess you think everything is comparable to. so glad you "FEEL" qualified to comment.

Comment

Working...
                                X