No announcement yet.

My 3B project (ongoing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The idiots who painted my Avant did the same Let me know if you find a way. I suspect I will have to break mine
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Gently wedging it out an option?
      Keeping peeling pressure on it for a longer period of time might let the mastic yield.

JW
      | project | 1993 Audi 80 VR6 turbo quattro |
      | daily | 2006 BMW E91 335d | 385bhp 735Nm |

Comment

• Managed to get them out.
        Got a thin screwdriver through the masitc and with pressure and wiggling the screwdriver managed to free them enough to then get a wedge in and slowly they came off....

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Use 3M Scotch-Seal 5313 when you put them back.

JW
          | project | 1993 Audi 80 VR6 turbo quattro |
          | daily | 2006 BMW E91 335d | 385bhp 735Nm |

Comment

• More prep sanding done today.

Comment

• Well I wished I never touched the body work......

A previous owner had removed the lower trims and smoothed out which I didn't mind but while doing more prep today I found more surface rust and when I went to remove it there were a lot of choice words used......

Also cleaned up the hole in the sill which looks to have been previously repaired

Underneath isn't much better.

And it has been smashed in the NSR before.

Probably easier to re shell it.?

Comment

• Oh man. I say this a lot on big projects, but you're a braver man than me.

I'd be looking to re-shell for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                  The idiots who painted my Avant did the same Let me know if you find a way. I suspect I will have to break mine
                  Send them an invoice to correct it bud, I had a near disaster with my fogs and indicators in my RS2 front bumper, painters lost the brackets so stuck them in with sealant lucky they wired them up wrong so I had to take them out to correct that and that's when I found the mess

Comment

• Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post

Send them an invoice to correct it bud, I had a near disaster with my fogs and indicators in my RS2 front bumper, painters lost the brackets so stuck them in with sealant lucky they wired them up wrong so I had to take them out to correct that and that's when I found the mess
                    I would do but he's now doing time for possession with intent. Karma hey
                    Last edited by Tractor Dave; 22 May 2022, 21:38. Reason: Typo
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Karma can be a bitch, all people gotta do is be good and be nice

Comment

• Bit of progress this weekend. First I removed the panel I welded in when I deleted the sunroof. There was a lot of tension that was released when I cut it, so much so the roof is almost back to original...almost.

Then the surgery started.
                        Cut out the rust in the sill,

took the profile and made a patch up. Not bad using a hammer and a pit of pipe I found.

Fettled it down to fit, it's not the tightest but will do hopefully.

Will tack up next week but want to get some rust inhibitor inside the sill before I do that.

Any suggestions for a good product??

Comment

• Nice work.
                          I like Bilt Hamber products. I also like Fertan.
                          Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Keep up the good work. What do you call the tool used for copying the profile of the sill?

Comment

• Well done for persevering with this, you’ll get there in the end.

I have a complete drivers side sill, inner and outer if thats of any use to you?
                              1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                              1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                              1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                              1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                                Well done for persevering with this, you’ll get there in the end.

I have a complete drivers side sill, inner and outer if thats of any use to you?
                                Driver's side is fine but thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X