No announcement yet.

My 3B project (ongoing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few of us have had this issue, mine was leaking from the small pipe just below the main filler in your picture, fixed it with that chemical metal stuff a few years ago and fine ever since.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

• Fuel Tank Breather System - Coupe
      https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...3&share_type=t

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Yes, exactly the same issue here, wire wheeled it to bare metal and chemical metal putty round it has fixed it for years now.

Comment

• Thanks for the fast reply. I'll pass this info on to the guy who is looking after the s2 and sort it out as soon as possible.

Could this cause starting issues? Car was starting fin the other day bit it just turns over but doesn't start?

Comment

• I would say very unlikely.

Comment

• cheers

Comment

• Would think not, mine ran fine just very smelly

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Hi all. I’m “the guy” that currently has dobby’s S2 stored at mine and will be helping him put it back together. Thought I’d join so I can see info and ask questions to save going back and forth. What he hasn’t told you is I’m his pain in the **** best mate who has plenty of his own projects but can’t help sticking his nose in . So far we’ve sorted a couple of niggles with a leaking turbo oil return feed pipe and a door that wouldn’t lock when you refitted the door card. Turned out the cable sheath on the internal handle was just slightly too long causing the lock to not operate. I’ll be looking at his fuel leak and headlight wiring over the next week or so.
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

• He a bloody good mate!

Second time your BMW has graced this build thread

Comment

• It just gets everywhere doesn’t it

Comment

• Was playing with the car this weekend and for some reason it has decided to not start.....again....
                          Turns over but fuel pump doesn't have power, and no spark. Is there a way I can check the sensors easily? I don't have a code reader with me here in Bournemouth as I forgot it.

Comment

• I used to get that occasionally, often after a long hot run.

In the end I swapped out the two crank sensors for new ones, and never had the problem again.

Without a spark, the fuel pump won't run, safety feature

Comment

• My car doesn't go anywhere but it did run fine

Comment

• Well, stick a multimeter across them both, and check for at least similar impedance.

Otherwise it is the usual things, like check your rotor and cap, coil connections, power to coil, ecu power. Not much else it can be apart from a fried ecu, which is unlikely.

Comment

Working...
                                X