My 3B project (ongoing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
    I ended up getting a hose like yours to go straight from IC to Pipe.
    Me too... nicer solution than the 3B multiple parts....
    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

• Stripped and moved the catch tank to where the battery once was. Just need to buy a new battery, install in the boot with new wiring and earth's for both engine and new battery location.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

• As the battery will now be located in the boot I need to buy everything to complete the job.
        First of all I need a battery, looking at a Bosch S battery but I'm confused to which one I should buy, 4 or 5 and what Ah I need.
        I need new cables too but again I'm not 100% sure on the size, maybe 50mm2?
        Going to add new connections, a 150a circuit breaker near the battery, a cut off switch to be mounted on the dash and a positive jumper post under the bonnet. The ground will be on one of the bumper bolts on the NS in the boot, a new ground from bell housing to the chassis. Not sure if I have missed anything but feel free to add anything.

Comment

• Battery Wiring

I am thinking about routing the battery cable
          url]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231576302890?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&var=5308 12093479&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT[/url]
          through the bulk head near the original battery location then swapping the current positive connectors with one of these
          http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1618420306...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
          and connect to one of these mounted on the old batter tray for jump starting.
          http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3016855694...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
          I also plan to install this
          http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Battery-Is...4AAOSwv9hW3r5Q somewhere on the dash using the same connectors.

Comment

• I think I used 25mm2 cable for the starter, and 16mm2 to the fuse board on my battery relocation.
            I've always used Varta batteries. My last one lasted over 7 years.
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Dobby84 View Post
              So I may have the right pipe? Just seems odd that the hose doesn't really fit

I had nightmares with similar clamps, boost leaks galore so went back to standard type jubilee clips Give it a good check over they don't seem top nip up with the wide fittings

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                I think I used 25mm2 cable for the starter, and 16mm2 to the fuse board on my battery relocation.
                I've always used Varta batteries. My last one lasted over 7 years.
                I wasn't planning to change the original cables to the battery, just splice into them where they normally connect to the battery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                  I had nightmares with similar clamps, boost leaks galore so went back to standard type jubilee clips Give it a good check over they don't seem top nip up with the wide fittings
                  I'm planning to do a boost leak test on the system. I assumed these would be better as they look like they would tighten up more but will keep an eye on them.

Comment

• I used one of these in the engine bay, seemed like an easy way to extend the battery wiring, and give a jump point in the engine bay.

I cut the battery clamp off, and fitted ring end

Ran the cable down the passanger side and through a firewall grommet.

Battery tray cut out is great, so much more space for access.
                    Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                    Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                      I used one of these in the engine bay, seemed like an easy way to extend the battery wiring, and give a jump point in the engine bay.

I cut the battery clamp off, and fitted ring end

Ran the cable down the passanger side and through a firewall grommet.

Battery tray cut out is great, so much more space for access.
                      That looks like a tidy option. Where did you get that post thing from?

Comment

• I haven't actually removed the battery tray yet as it looks quite awkward to do with the engine in place.

Comment

• Just an ebay one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-24V-JU...QAAMXQLs5RuF~s

You can get OEM ones from some BMWs.

Do you have a way of crimping or soldering new ends on the cable?
                          Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                          Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• A friend of mine has a crimping tool that I will borrow for the job

Comment

• So this happened yesterday

Comment

• Right,
                                Need to make a decision on which battery to buy. I have found the following on eBay but cant decide, may come down to price at the end of the day. Any thoughts?
                                Bosch S5008 - £83.99
                                Bosch S4010 - £78.99
                                Varta E11 - £63.99
                                Varta E44 - £67.10

Comment

Working...
                                X