No announcement yet.

My 3B project (ongoing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any difference between AAN and 3B injectors? I have both sets and some look in better condition than others so looking to make one good set.

Comment

• 3b ones are rated for flow at 3bar whereas aby/aan are rated for said flow at 4bar.

Sent from apollo 13 using tapatalk
      1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Originally posted by Kieron20V View Post
        3b ones are rated for flow at 3bar whereas aby/aan are rated for said flow at 4bar.

Would there be an issue running the AAN ones on a 3b?

Comment

• You'd need to run them at 4bar.... And not mixed.

1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Okay, ill stick the the originals then
            cheers for your help

Comment

• Wanted to get my 2.5" exhaust in on Sunday but as the floor was wet I didnt fancy rolling around on it. Plus I need to get the car higher to give me more clearance and have read on here that I need to unbolt the driveshaft from the gearbox to allow the downpipe to be removed. I have ordered exhaust wrap and high temp silicone exhaust coating that I will put on the new stainless downpipe and will also order new gaskets from QuattroCorner this week.

So instead of working on the exhaust I decided to start putting the engine back together. Cleaned up the inlet gasket surfaces and bolted it all back together with the new injector seats in place. Im not sure if it just me but I always seem to forget a step and this time I bolted the throttle body in place and started the plumbing before realising I had forgotten the bring the injector wiring under the manifold off it came again and then back on it went!
              2 steps forward, 1 step back!

Does it matter which 4mm vacuum hose goes on the three connections in the back of the manifold? I have ordered new hose and small clips to hopefully fix any leaks I may have had.
              One goes to the fuel pressure regulator, one to the DV valve and one to the ECU, is that correct? Also the hose to the ECU has a tee and I can remember where this goes, can someone shed some light on this?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Dobby84; 30 November 2015, 11:02.

Comment

• I don't think it should as just vacuum. The T is for a boost gauge I'm guessing.

Comment

• One goes to the ecu, the other goes to the rear diff.

Comment

• The exhaust is 2.75" not 2.5"
                    sigpic
                    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Typo!

Comment

• Poly engine mounts installed

Stud conversion fitted

Wrapped up for the winter

Comment

• Decided to have a go at my sunroof today, took the cassette out.

Made a template out of card.

Cut the sheet metal and grind back to fit.

Tacked up slowly.

Never done any welding before this apart from practices so pretty pleased so far.

Comment

• I'd love to do the sunroof delete but can't bring myelf to do it. Looks good so far. Lots of grinding, filling and painting to go.
                            91 Modded 3B
                            14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

• Nice progress, sunroof delete gives so much headroom its great! The whole assembly is a few kg lost from the right place as well. Finishing the roof perfectly on a "nice" road car would be a bit of a nightmare though.
                              Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                              Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Yeah I know there is still a lot of work to go to get it finished.
                                I just bit the bullet and went for it.
                                Loads f head room now

Comment

Working...
                                X