Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you can lower the pump and made a new bracket for it andy
    i did it on my engine with rebuild AAN itake
    audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
    TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
    AEM W/M injection

Comment

• I hadn't got that far Andy, was going to trial fit the manifold and see how things look and how much it needs to be moved before I make that decision. Not moving the throttle position to the. Front like a lot of people do.

Going to run a 3core short Honda ally rad that people seem to run with two slimline fans, one push one pull (if they both fit) one low speed on a sensor and one high speed on a switch for track use/traffic.

Comment

• My friends E12 M5

Just for you guys that like the pictures of the M5 I borrowed back at the start of this thread I thought I would post a couple of it as it looks today.

Comment

• Reverse Inlet

Thanks to CliveH for the Inlet manifold

Needs a nice clean before it goes on and I will probably paint it too, not sure what colour but my have a play with designs/patterns to give the engine bay a bit of 'fun'

Comment

• More bits

New tyres turned up along with new parts for the Brembo callipers.

Also had a test fit of the AAN inlet manifold and I now need to move the PAS pump so as soon as I have learnt to weld I will start this task.

Sanded back the bumper and put a coat of white on it, needs sanding back before the next coat.

Comment

• m5 is awsome ) better car any b3/b4

Comment

• Nice clean M5 are you going to put the full AAN setup on for the PAS pump?
                Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                  Nice clean M5 are you going to put the full AAN setup on for the PAS pump?
                  There are many options available, move the current pump forward and use a single belt for PAS, alternator and crank (may add a jockey wheel to keep it in place)
                  Move alternator to the other side
                  ditch the idea and go back to standard

Considering I have only just got a welder and plan to teach myself next month Im not too experienced in making brackets up etc so which ever method I use should be the simplest one fingers crossed.

Started a thread here to discuss
                  http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76693
                  Last edited by Dobby84; 24 April 2015, 16:11.

Comment

• looking nice mate!

Comment

• Calliper colour?

What colour shall I refurbish by 996 callipers guys?
                      White wheels and white car?

Thinking something different like Kawasaki green............

Comment

• Caliper carrier allowable disc size?

Quick question for you guys,
                        I have a set of carriers that I got with my 996 calipers. I know they were on a VAG car but not sure which one. The distance between bolt holes match the carriers I have from Bambridge (314mm disc)
                        These ones are taller. The dimension from the hub bolt center to the Caliper mating face is approx 42mm and the distance from the Caliper bolt hole to the hub mating face is approx 21mm.

THis is a pretty rubbish sketch I did quickly and a few photos below.

My question is... What size disc will these allow if they are suitable for the S2?

Comment

• [ATTACH]53337[/ATTACH][ATTACH]53338[/ATTACH][ATTACH]53339[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Were they made with an angle grinder?

Comment

• Originally posted by martinjs View Post
                              Were they made with an angle grinder?
                              God knows, they aren't the prettiest thing I've seen before but guess they did the job.

Comment

• They angle grinder brackets seem to be around 10mm taller than the 314mm brackets. I know adding a 4.5mm spacer the the 314mm brackets allows you to run 323mm discs so by my calculations these brackets should allow 334mm discs (330mm) but I could be wrong and not sure about the sweep angle for the pads though, hopefully someone will confirm this.

Not sure how much benefit you get from 330mm over 323mm to be honest

Comment

Working...
                                X