My 3B project (ongoing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From my own experience EBC redstuff are ****
    Go with whats proven: Ferodo DS2500, ive personalle changed from redstuff to DS2500 just this week and can easily say my brakes are 3 times better....
    Mintex M1144 are also supposed to be very good. And i have also heard that Yellowstuff are better in virtually every way than redstuff, so if you determined to go EBC then yellowstuff may be a better option.

Its fine to change pads without discs providing the surface of the disc is not too ridged or pitted and i would say still has 50% life left. (there should be a minimum thickness printed on the disc) 9 times out of ten though i change the pads and discs together. But its not a problem if you dont, it just takes a little longer for the pad to conform to the shape of the disc and get 100% efficiency.
    Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
    03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
    01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

• Yes I did have head issues a while back so hopefully your right. I'll check out the knock sensor location in the next few days. Will this effect the fuelling if it is on the blink? I was hoping I could get away with it for a few months.

I'm running standard disc and although they are a few years old they have probably only seen about 1000miles since I put them on. I'll have a closer look and gauge the surface finish though they only have a very small lip so fingers crossed.

I was only looking a red stuff pads as a friend raves about them but he has some jap c**p so maybe I shouldn't pay attention.
      I'll look into ferodo pads tonight.

Been badgered into going to the 'ring first weekend of October so need to get everything sorted for this or I won't be going. Think I need to sort out the boat like cornering with some updated springs too I feel.

Come on lucky numbers, do your thing.

Comment

• Not sure if it would effect fuelling just maybe running/starting? 02 sensor would have effected running/fuelling. Have you check/replaced the g62 on the back of the head, there about 9 quid and if its not been done just worth doing.
        Disc should be fine then. You mean a lip on the top edge that's not a problem.
        Maybe the shocks are knackered?
        LOL.............lottery winner and S2 ownership yeah that's about right!

Comment

• I'm not getting 00522 error code for coolant temp sender so think my G62 is okay for now.
          I'll keep the discs then and just get better pads. Shocks are relativaly new so just want to stiffen it up a bit for the nurburgring that's all.

Comment

• In regards to my dipstick/catch tank issue, I am not sure if it has baffles inside, if it did would this effect how it works? Maybe there is a specific in and out connection and I have plumbed it in wrong?

Comment

• My 3B project (ongoing)

This is what my engine bay now looks like, finally got around to changing the blue silicone hoses for red ones.
              Just need to re paint the boost pipe across the front and it won't look too bad

Still sorting out the radiator fan issue but hopefully I can see the light at the end of the tunnel with that one.
              New pads and brake fluid have arrived, just waiting for the HEL braided lines to arrive before I tackle that task, fingers crossed it won't be that bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

• What's the story with that boost pipe?

Comment

• Big Intercooler i assume???
                  Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
                  03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
                  01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

• Yeah big inter cooler

Comment

• Is the any technique to remove the flexible brake lines from the hard lines?
                      Don't want to be damaging them whilst installing my new braided lines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

• Use something warm or cold to shock the couplings. Last time I used freeze spray with a small pipe so it only sprayed on one coupling/screw or what the proper english word is.

Comment

• Thanks for the advice, ill give it a go.
                          Both the rear copper nuts have been rounded off by the last person who changed them so going to have to cut them off and install new nipples but hopefully I won't have to do the same on the fronts.

Comment

• A very productive day yesterday.

Bought some brake pipe and couplings and installed the new braided lines and changed the fluid so fingers crossed I will get noticeable improvement in stopping ability now.

Only issue is now is that when I removed the 13mm bolt that goes in the caliper slider pin on one of the rear calipers the thread decided that it no long wanted to be part of the pin and much preferred the bolt. Hopefully I can put a heli coil down it but if not does anyone know where I can get a replacement from?

Only 5 days to got before we leave for Germany so cutting things fine as always.

Comment

• New slider pins arrived this morning so will be installing them tonight. Last but of the puzzle so can now actually drive the blasted thing. Lol
                              Also swapping the standard steering wheel over for the Nardi one out of the wagon as its much nicer to drive with. Bit of spit and polish and some elbow grease and we're off.

Comment

• As im sure most of you are aware my luck with the s2 was at an all time low when I crashed at the nurburgring. Well, Finally got it back from Germany. Borrowed a freinds recovery truck and drove down on friday to pick it up.
                                Drove back yesterday and it is now sat at my parents house waiting to be dismantled to see the extent of the damage.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X