X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djh View Post
    they are 18's
    Question answered. lol
    For some reason I had it in my head that they were 17". Seems like I have something else to add to the list of things to buy. Need to sell my S4 reps now.

Comment

If you want two hard lines PM me and I make them up for you.

Comment

Update from the Garage

Looks like it is the waterpump that has been causing the problems. Ill post a picture up later on but the mechanic has said that it has been leaking badly. He has ordered a new one along with various other associated parts.

Then put it all back together and run some tests. Just hope it hasnt caused any other damage to the engine. If not then I will be very pleased.

Comment

Not looking too good.

Unfortunately I have just had the phone call from the garage that I didnt want....

He has replaced the water pump, timing belt kit and a few other bits, put the car back together and ran it up only to find that the coolant system was still pressurising

As he is down in Poole Hoffer (Richard) may be able to pop over and give a second opinion but its looking like the head will have to come off for a closer look even though a sniffer test did not show up anything wrong.

God knows what is wrong with it?

Does anyone have an recently rebuilt engine for sale? May be easier to do a swap rather that a rebuild if that is what is required!!

Comment

Ask them what procedure they used to bleed the coolant system?

Comment

I copied the step by step guid that rust put togetherhttp://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...light=bleeding and emailed it to them as I know these cars can be an t**t

Comment

Pressurising how? They're supposed to pressurise a little bit.
                Cheers'en, AndyC
                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Both radiator hoses are rock solid as in you can't squeese them.

Comment

Was it using water at all? Have you checked the condition of the spark plugs to see if they're brown from coolant in the cylinder?

If the HG is original then it might be worth replacing it all and then at least you know it'll not go any time soon but that might not solve the problem, unless something conclusive is found when it's all apart...

Mine used to get hot on track and this was solved with a new RS2 water pump and head gasket. I did the belts, crank pulley and a few other things whilst I was there and also fitted ARP head studs, although they were a 'luxury'.
                    Cheers'en, AndyC
                    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• I changed the head gasket a while ago, maybe a few hundred miles or so along with a new head as my old one was cracked. It got a little hot one day when the hose from the rad to the header tank came off and dumped all the water out. This is when all the pressurising issues started. I havent checked the plugs recently but will see if the garage has.

According to the temp gauge the water isnt getting that hot, maybe around 90+2ish on the dial. The belts and crank pulley were fitted yesterday along with a new water pump all from QuattroCorner.

Comment

• I remember a guy on here having similar issues with his rs2, turned out to be a blocked/knackered main rad. Is your main rad ok?

Comment

• Thats the next port of call!

Comment

• Right everyone.
                            Sorry for the lack me updates regarding my s2 but we have finally got somewhere.:-D

After a lot me head scratching and knuckle grazing the issue with fan came down to the fuse board witch was knackerd!
                            The wiring loom had to be sorted out too as it had been bodied about at some point dri.g its life.

So glad that after almost a year of frustration that the car now seems to be running as it should. Still not on the road yet as im getting the pollybushes put in the rear and tracking sorted out. Hopefully it will be back on the road by Christmas as long as i can afford to get my new wheels refurbished and put some nice sticky rubber on them.

Comment

• Quick update on ox still ongoing saga with my s2.
                              The engine is sound now with now over heating issues although it does seem to be a bit under powered so going to get the boost hoses checked and make sure the remap is still okay.

The new year will be the time to move on with the suspension and finish changing out all the old tired bushes that still haven't been done.

I bought some Toyo TR-1 for the new wheels and swapped them over the other weekend, looks much better i think, just need a refurb. I thinking black.

Dobby
                              Attached Files

Comment

• mate i'm dead chuffed for you, when you can drive it between working on it makes life alot easier and more enjoyable.

Comment

Working...
                                X