• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the beemer!
    Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

Looks like it is coming together nicely.

What you doing with the towbar now?
      Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
      Sold ABY-stock

Comment

The tow bar is sat here doing nothing. Thought about selling it but then it may be usefull at somepoint.

Comment

dobby,

by any chance your mate wasnt down in devon/cornwall a little while ago?

i had a great burn up with a corrado, didnt realise they could go so quick i was up around the 170 mark and this thing wasnt too far behind...

Comment

I thought i'd seen you around MK, but possibly not then. I'm based in Winslow, and work in Aylesbury, so not far from me!
            S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by andyg plym View Post
              dobby,

by any chance your mate wasnt down in devon/cornwall a little while ago?

i had a great burn up with a corrado, didnt realise they could go so quick i was up around the 170 mark and this thing wasnt too far behind...
              I shall ask him but not sure. 170 is easily done in his Carrado. The engine has been build to take 900bhp but he is running it at around 450 at the moment on half boost until he get the 4x4, management and launch control installed. Then he will dial it up a bit more but probably wont run much over 650 so as not "too" stress the engine too much. lol

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
              I thought i'd seen you around MK, but possibly not then. I'm based in Winslow, and work in Aylesbury, so not far from me!
              You may have seen me about MK here and there, I often go snowboarding at the dome and know a few people over that way so chances are it could have been me.

Comment

Great little project.

I noticed that after you put in the bigger intercooler you went back to the S2 bumper from the RS2 version. What kind of intercooler is that? Especially like it as I'm looking for an upgrade for the 3B that can fit properly behind the S2 bumper.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherpa23 View Post
                  Great little project.

I noticed that after you put in the bigger intercooler you went back to the S2 bumper from the RS2 version. What kind of intercooler is that? Especially like it as I'm looking for an upgrade for the 3B that can fit properly behind the S2 bumper.
                  Im not sure what make of intercooler it is im afraid and dont knoe the dimensions off hand but I can measure it up next time Im doing some work on the car if you like?

I personally prefer the standard s2 bumper over the rs2 one but then I suppose its just personal taste. The S2 bumper has been cut slightly to accomodate the larger intercooler. If you look at the picture showing the bumper on and intercooler you can just about make where it has been cut back on the inside edge. It has also been cut back slightly behind the number plate too.

Here is how the intercooler looks without the bumper on.
                  Last edited by Dobby84; 26 August 2011, 10:22.

Comment

Ah, that makes sense now that you pointed it out. Well, really cool set up. I guess I have to keep looking if I'm going to find one that fits the S2 bumper with next to no mods. Seriously, though, I really like how you did that. We just have too many rocks around here for me to go without a grille over the intercooler.

Comment

Wagner sells 2 intercoolers that fit behind the bumper, one for running stock manifold or one for reverse manifolds

Comment

Awesome. Thank you.

EDIT: Man, those look good! They look really high quality and improved enough to do the trick.
                        Last edited by Sherpa23; 27 August 2011, 02:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobby84 View Post
                          The tow bar is sat here doing nothing. Thought about selling it but then it may be usefull at somepoint.
                          I keep debating that with keeping it fitted on mine since its handy occasionally, no use at moment mind since the S2 isnt going anywhere. Nice project too
                          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Well I am going to put some kind of grill accross it at somepoint for some protection.

Comment

Rocked into my local SEAT dealer after work today and bought a front splitter off the CupraR.
                              Have also ordered loads of bits for my air intake and heat shield and hopefully some of it will turn up tomorrow so that I can start fiddling around.

Im putting aero catches on the bonnet as my release pins are knackered plus I will eventually put a glass/carbon fibre bonnet on it.
                              Last edited by Dobby84; 31 August 2011, 14:26.

Comment

I have just been on the phone to Pete at Quattro Corner who has kindly releaved me of over £500 for a complete polybush set front and rear, gearbox and diff mounts, top strut mounts, Poly subframe mounts and bottom ball joints. There maybe somethong else too but cant remember.

Looks like I will be having fun this weekend and probably the next few weekends fitting it all. Will be worth it in the end to have an S2 that actually handles correctly rather than slopping around all over the place.

Comment

Working...
                                X