My 3B project (ongoing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water pump should be changed.
    Just had a S4 around, where belt got off due to a seized water pump, don't skimp on it.

That pump had not done a lot of mileage, but the car was sat for a long time.
    http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Possible brakes!

Seeing as the car is being worked on and should be ready for some track action I am starting to save for a brake upgrade too.

Has anyone on here fitted VW TOUAREG V6 TDI 4 POT FRONT BRAKE 350mm SETUP to a 3B S2?
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2709059741...84.m1423.l2649
      I know the discs wont fit. but I like the sound of 350mm

Is another option Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6 brakes?

I am likely to go down the 996 route but I basically want the biggest andcheapest otion available.

Comment

you could use the 345x30 S8 disc

as a general rule with brakes, big + cheap = heavy
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
          you could use the 345x30 S8 disc

as a general rule with brakes, big + cheap = heavy
          With which callipers? the Tourag, TT or 996? I know I will need a braket to mount them with, will the RS2 or Bambridge one do the job with the larger disc?

Comment

345 disc will probably work with the tourag caliper, but you'll need custom carriers.
            996 route is tried and tested and parts are "off the shelf" but calipers are getting more expensive all the time as the ebay pirates buy up all the stock and mark it up for profit, you used to be able to get a good pair for £250, now you're lucky to get a trashed set for £300. Way of the world i guess.
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Is this a road car? 996 is more than ample or GT3. If you want that big go AP Racing.

OEM calipers are heavy suckers, only benefit is off the shelf parts for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                345 disc will probably work with the tourag caliper, but you'll need custom carriers.
                996 route is tried and tested and parts are "off the shelf" but calipers are getting more expensive all the time as the ebay pirates buy up all the stock and mark it up for profit, you used to be able to get a good pair for £250, now you're lucky to get a trashed set for £300. Way of the world i guess.
                Are these the right part numbers for 996 brakes? 996.351.425.11 & 996.351.426.11

I want to run big discs as I have the room (18" wheels) So I guess with 996 calipers and the 345 disc then I would just have to find someone to make me some carriers!

Comment

Yes those numbers are right. I got my 323mm A8 disc for 65 quid the pair, is it worth all the extra cash you will have to pay to gain 22mm?

Comment

Originally posted by simon20vq View Post
                    Yes those numbers are right. I got my 323mm A8 disc for 65 quid the pair, is it worth all the extra cash you will have to pay to gain 22mm?
                    Probably not to be fair.
                    Im I right in thinking that if I stay at 323mm A8 discs rather that the S8 345mm ones I can use the RS2 carrier or the one everyone seems to get from bambridge?

Comment

Defo the ones from bambridge and 99.% certain RS2 ones as well.

Comment

Well that completes my list of bits then.

996 callipers
                        A8 323mm front discs
                        Bambridge's adaptors
                        RS2 hard brake lines?

Comment

You can make you own hard lines, I've just done it and connected them straight on to the original flexi lines

Comment

Originally posted by simon20vq View Post
                            You can make you own hard lines, I've just done it and connected them straight on to the original flexi lines
                            Im sure you can, I have never done that before though and not sure if I have all the tools required so maybe easier to get pre-made ones. We shall see.....got to get the money together first.

Comment

Just a quick question, Thinking about down grading to 17" A8 sport alloys. Will the 996 brakes with 323mm discs still fit?
                              Cheers

Comment

they are 18's

Comment

Working...
                                X