No announcement yet.

My 3B project (ongoing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think I've got a varta e44 from euro cp when on offer. Re the battery location change. If you've not done it yet I got all the bits off a scrapped 5 series tourer. It has a part under the bonnet you can connect the existing + lead to which also has a jump start point on it. Then run the rest of the cable to the rear job done.

Comment

• Nice thread !

Name of the Grey Color? Nimbus Grey? Looks great !!
      Project Audi s2 coupé 1996

http://http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80796]

Comment

• Originally posted by simon20vq View Post
        Think I've got a varta e44 from euro cp when on offer. Re the battery location change. If you've not done it yet I got all the bits off a scrapped 5 series tourer. It has a part under the bonnet you can connect the existing + lead to which also has a jump start point on it. Then run the rest of the cable to the rear job done.
        Thanks for the offer but ordered all the parts now. Similar setup as you mention with a breaker near the battery and a cut off switch for the dash.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Filip_FIN View Post
          Nice thread !

Name of the Grey Color? Nimbus Grey? Looks great !!
          It's actually matte military NATO green. Bought a 5ltr pot off eBay for £36 and should be enough for two coats.

Comment

• Well I have bought the Bosch S5 battery in the end with 25mm2 cable.
            Can someone tell me what size circuit breaker I should buy to install next to the battery?

Comment

• Should I be concerned about this rust I've found in the spare wheel area?

Comment

• I'd give that a DGI.

(Damned good ignoring in aviation speak) 😂😂

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
                1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• Not structural then? May patch it to make it look better

Comment

• I had a hole in the same place on my car...

Comment

• Finished installing the battery, circuit breaker, cutoff and junction box today. Pretty pleased so far. Just needs the cable tiding up a bit and locate the cut off switch on the dash.

I have 12v showing on the dial 😁

Remover the spark plug and turned the key for the first time in over 3 years and the engine turned over without a issue.
                      Popped the plugs back in and shut my eyes as I tried to start it. Surprise surprise it didn't fire up. [emoji20]

Hope it's a fuel issue as the lines have been disconnected for ages. I'm 99% sure I had less than 1/4 tank but when I looked at the gauge it's saying over 3/4!!!! Either I have a fuel fairy or something isn't right.

I have removed the Cobra alarm too but fairly sure that I connected the wires back up correctly.

Also got another coat of paint on whilst the sun is out and trial fitted the front end to see how it looks. Fairly pleased so far.

Comment

• I might be being thick but have you mounted it next to the fuel tank?

Comment

• Yeah in the space between the bumper and tank. Not fixed there yet though.

Comment

• I think it looks pretty cool in that colour...

Mean... with some attitude...
                            Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                            S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                            '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

• Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
                              I think it looks pretty cool in that colour...

Mean... with some attitude...
                              Plus it cost me £35 for five Ltrs. If it gets scratched or chipped just get the roller out. Lol

Comment

• Pulled the fuel pump relay apart and added a LED as per s2central's handy little thread. When turning over the engine on the key it lights up!

Only issue now is that the fuel pump isn't getting power so need to trace the wire to see were it's broken.
                                I put power to the pump to make sure it was working and then started the car. She fired up straight away and idled nicely
                                I disconnected the temporary power to the pump and it continued to run until it ran out of fuel. So I am guessing that the issue is the power feed to the pump for the relay. Probably something to do with how I reconnected the wires after I removed the alarm. Dash out again at the weekend to see what I can find.

Does anyone know what colour wire I should be looking for?

Last edited by Dobby84; 21 April 2016, 21:12.

Comment

Working...
                                X