No announcement yet.

My 3B project (ongoing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started cleaning up the foothills today ready for some paint and found that an area of the passenger side had been patched up badly and has rusted through so needs sorting out.

I'll post some picks tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Dobby84 View Post

Started cleaning up the foothills today

Pesky autocorrect eh?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

• Hadn't even noticed. Lol

Comment

• I guess the best thing to do is cut out the rust back to good metal, make a plate up and weld it back in.
          Do you think this would be better done from underneith or from the inside?

Comment

• Well it has been many years but it has finally moved.[emoji2]

Comment

• Finally manage to sort out my new unit where I'll be moving the S2 and all my stuff into.
              It's a 2min walk from work so hopefully I'll be able to get a bit more stuff done to the car.

Also have dropped the car off to get the suspension set up and fingers crossed that the rear end can be straightened by adjusting the subframe.

Comment

• Finished off the lock up and moved the S2 into its new home after having all the suspension set up.
                The rear sub frame had shifted so easily corrected.

Now it's in the dry I can finish off the welding and interior

Comment

• Installed the exhaust finally.

Comment

• Great project, good to see the progress

Gav
                    S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

• Cheers.
                      Installed some doorcards in my lunch break today I can now open the doors from the inside again and open the windows probably the first time in 4 years. Lol

Comment

• i like the will that you didnt give up and its not that far till its drivable again

Comment

• Originally posted by rxl View Post
                          i like the will that you didnt give up and its not that far till its drivable again
                          I have thought about getting rid of it but I will not be defeated by it.
                          There is a long list of things to do before its road worthy but I will get there one day in the distant future.

Comment

• Keep chipping away, nice when you do something that makes it look more like a car again!

Nice to have space to work in the dry.
                            Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Tell me about it, I can deal with the cold but getting wet whilst working on a car is rubbish.

Comment

• Well I have bought a replica exhaust manifold and cleaned up the port's before fitting with all new studs. Bolting it to the head was a right pain, so fiddly and took ages. Need to make up some turbo studs before finishing the install.

I'll post a photo of it bolted up soon.

Once this is done I may start looking at the AAN inlet manifold again but need a water manifold first.

Need to repaint the cam cover too as I didn't cure it properly and it's now chipped badly.

However, things will be taking a back seat for a while. My new home will be turning up soon and that will take priority for the coming months.
                                Last edited by Dobby84; 21 February 2017, 10:51.

Comment

Working...
                                X