No announcement yet.

My 3B project (ongoing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It will be the alarm removal for sure. Mine was broken into just near the ECU...

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

• When I took it out I removed the dash and found the alarms box then followed at the wires that came from it and cut it out the cars wiring replacing with new crimps and wire.
      Isn't see any wires going to the ecu.

Is the +ive wire from the pump (green/yellow) going to be the same colour behind the dash that is the question???? Hopefully I can find it.

Maybe easier to run a fresh new wire from the relay to the pump?
      Last edited by Dobby84; 22 April 2016, 12:57.

Comment

• Well it looks like I have somehow fixed the fuel pump problem by renewing some crimps.
        First time it has started for over 3 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-XEa2O3TVE

Last edited by Dobby84; 27 April 2016, 15:02.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dobby84 View Post
          Well it looks like I have somehow fixed the fuel pump problem by renewing some crimps.
          First time it has started for over 3 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-XEa2O3TVE

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

• Despite the on going electrical issues I have got some nice and shiny yet completely pointless upgrades thanks to EFI express.
            One day they will get installed.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I checked the spark plugs yesterday and they are black and smell of fuel so I assume I am getting fuel through the injectors but I will check this tonight.

I checked for spark and I am not getting anything.

I also noticed that the LED I added to the fuel relay is not flashing on turn over which it was last time the car ran.

From a bit of research I have come to the conclusion that it could be one of the following things:

· Distributor gear
              · G4 sensor
              · G28 sensor
              · Hall Sensor in distributor
              · 12v feed to ECU
              · Timing pin broken

I am going to check the wiring connections on the sensors first as this is possibly the simplest task.
              I'm not too convinced it will be the distributor as it started fine before and suddenly stopped.
              How easy is it to access the G4 and G28 sensors, would it be easier from below or will I have to remove stuff first? I know these will cause no spark so will pull them out to check them over and whilst I am there check the timing pin.

I have a bad feeling that it could be the pin which I assume will mean I will have to drop the gear box and get a new fly wheel.

Can anyone give me some tips for the checking process? I have read most posts on this topic.

This weeked is going to be fun!

Comment

• Can't offer any help, dobby, but keep faith. You'll have that EUREKA moment and it'll all be worth it.

This is a proper project and I'm sure a lot are as eager as me to see it running

Comment

• Check the 20A fuse for the ECU in the fuse box before anything else. It is in an auxilary fuse holder bottom right of the fuse box. My holder came dislodged and took ages to work out the fuse had gone. Some details that might be useful in my thread here http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...=52865&page=23
                  Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Right I've had a look for this fuse and can seem to find it. There doesn't seem to be anywhere for it to go in the fuse box and my 3b fuse box only goes to fuse 30.

Comment

• On a plus side it's not the timing pin.
                      That's still intact.[emoji3]
                      The sensors were filthy though so cleaned them up and put them back.

Comment

• Got spark! Woo-hoo.
                        I pulled the fuse board up to find the red and yellow connector were loose as well as a blade connector. Must have caught them some how when tracing wires. Plugged them back in and it tried to fried up but looks like I've still got fuel pump issues......

Comment

• Hadn't clocked it's a 3B. Is the fuel pump relay operating?
                          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• I've added an led to the relay using s2centrals guide and it's on when the engine is turning.

Comment

• When turning the ignition I am only getting 9-10 volts at the fuel pump. Is this the norm or am I right thinking this is low?

Comment

• Well it's running.....

Removed the cable to the fuel pump where I had run it through the car, replaced with a slightly larger 4mm diameter core and ran it back down the car and it fires up perfectly. Not sure if this is finally fixed but time will tell.

Sod's law it will not start next time which is just my luck with this thing.

Put the dash back in minus a few bolts and spent a few hours trying to remember where all the wires go as its been in bits for so long.

A fairly successful weekend although I don't want to look at another wire, fuse or connector for a while.

Now to the next item on the to do list.

Comment

Working...
                                X