V6quattro +600Whp Avant project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VagOrBust View Post
    Be sure to get that officially written down and pay lower road tax. -> Profit!
    I have been informed this is not possible, the weight of the car will not be changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
      I have been informed this is not possible, the weight of the car will not be changed.
      Thats not true Patrick. I was at the RDW yesterday to get the new power and lower weight officially written down so they checked over the car and weighted it and all was fine only the exhaust was to loud by 5dB. So now i have to get the sound down and go back to let it measure again. Then i have the new power and lower weight officially written down.
      1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

Comment

Be sure to get that officially written down and pay lower road tax. -> Profit!
        (As far as these cars can be profitable... )
        It's good to have eco-friendly cars.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
        Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
        BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
        BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Originally posted by V6quattro View Post
          Thats not true Patrick.
          That's great Roy, though my brother called the RDW a month or so ago as he had a car that he wanted to have weighed and the weight changed on the documents but he was told they don't do that

Comment

• Done! It now has officially 521Kw and weighs 1364kg. Its amazing my how much you can do on a car and still have it legally on the road here in the Netherlands And i'm now also allowed to make max exhaust noise of 95Db @3500tpm instead of the original 78Db @ 4200rpm
            Attached Files

Comment

• Great work! I'm little jealous of that!

Comment

• Well done Roy! How did you present the car to get the weight that low?

Comment

• Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
                  Well done Roy! How did you present the car to get the weight that low?
                  just as i drive the car incl rear seats. So i think i can make it to around 1300kg by removing the rear and front seats and instal one race seat.

Comment

• Hmm, I'm curious about how you have had the maximum noice set to 95 dB?
                    Afaik the max here in the Netherlands is 90 dB.
                    5 cilinder addict:
                    1995 UrS6, 2.2 turbo, daily driver, EFI coilkit, custom exhaust.
                    1993 S2, 2.2 turbo, ABY, long term project.
                    2006 Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI. Because reasons.

Comment

Hmm, I'm curious about how you have had the maximum noice set to 95 dB?
                      Afaik the max here in the Netherlands is 90 dB.
                      Just put Some money between the car papers
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Nice!
                        That'll help if you ever get pulled over by the police because of the noice.
                        Maybe they used the 'sportscars exception to the 90 dB max'.
                        5 cilinder addict:
                        1995 UrS6, 2.2 turbo, daily driver, EFI coilkit, custom exhaust.
                        1993 S2, 2.2 turbo, ABY, long term project.
                        2006 Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI. Because reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by quattro84 View Post
                          Indeed, Issam rods. Don't know why his logo isn't centered on the rod though.
                          I sell Dynamic Motion (DM Forged) connecting rods. They are not an INA brand but I did have a hand in the design of them. As for why the logo is not centred on your rod. Could have been done on a Friday by the "other" guys.
                          JP/JNL , Peter Ohman and Kenneth Alm run connecting rods supplied by us though.
                          Originally posted by V6quattro View Post
                          Just some photo's.
                          @Kieron20V i forgot to take a photo of the pump i'm sorry
                          This gets an amazing sir!
                          Last edited by Wizard-of-OD; 9 January 2015, 22:20.
                          Issam N. Abed
                          iABED Industries
                          iABED Email | Facebook
                          The build thread

Comment

• Thanks Wizard-of-OD!

I started today on the VW motorsport sifter i bought from aRtiS. Looks very promising and feels really solid. I did not drive the car yet as i still have to instal the clutch slave and master cylinder and new hose.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Finished the mechanical part of the shifter today. Cant wait to try it. I also will try to make the detent stiffer as shown here: http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=detent

Comment

• Did a few things on the car today. Running a big down-pipe means the CV boot gets a little hot. I had the down-pipe heat wrapped which worked very good but now after 7000km the cv boot developed very small leaks so when driving fast it start to leak grease. Now i have done some research and found a very nice small boot which fits perfect! I also finished the shifter and made a bracket for a manual rear diff lock.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X