No announcement yet.

V6quattro +600Whp Avant project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thats a very compact joint, are they the standard driveshafts you are using?
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
      Thats a very compact joint, are they the standard driveshafts you are using?
      The inner joint is the original 108mm one. The boot is from GKN motorsport. The original drive shafts are bend so i now use the shaft and outer cvjoint from a T5 Transporter.
      1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

Comment

• Did some testing on the launch control today in preparation of the drag-race next weekend. The car performed very good. But i managed to destroy another gearbox again. I need to be a little bit easier on the clutch next time

Attached Files

Comment

• Poor driveline

Comment

• That sounds the nuts. Sounds like it's on ITBs above 120 on the inside shot.

RIP gearbox, or bellhousing at least. Did the input shaft survive or is it bent?

What next?!
            1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• MMMmmm... that's ugly

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Kieron20V View Post
                That sounds the nuts. Sounds like it's on ITBs above 120 on the inside shot.

RIP gearbox, or bellhousing at least. Did the input shaft survive or is it bent?

What next?!
                Yes the input shaft survived. So i will just replace the bell-housing. I need to get a little bit more gently on the clutch next time when launching. I lifted the pedal to fast

Comment

• I love this car. Really gets me in the mood to go all out on my own.

Comment

• *Good luck with gearbox, hope you get it done on time. For me id rather miss an event than rush a job and end up dong it twice.

Comment

• Cause of failure of the diff centre?

Comment

• You will manage Roy, where is the event this time?

Have you tried the 5 speed UrS4 box yet?

Comment

• how many gearboxes did you kill aready?
                          from what hp torque do these gerboxes start to brake?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gavin A View Post
                            *Good luck with gearbox, hope you get it done on time. For me id rather miss an event than rush a job and end up dong it twice.
                            If i had some serious engine or fuel problems i would probably have skipped the event. But this is nothing serious

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
                            Cause of failure of the diff centre?
                            I was just to hard on the clutch. My own mistake. I need to lift the clutch pedal a little bit more gentle next time.

Originally posted by rxl View Post
                            how many gearboxes did you kill aready?
                            from what hp torque do these gerboxes start to brake?
                            This is the second one. Same defect same mistake by me. If i don't launch the car my gearbox would would by fine. The gearboxes i have used start to make some noise when you let the car coasting in gear after around 1000km on 700Hp but rather than that no problems.

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
                            You will manage Roy, where is the event this time?

Have you tried the 5 speed UrS4 box yet?
                            Hy! The front section i have replaced is from your UrS4 5speed box. So we will so how it will hold. The event is on circuit Zandvoort. Starting around 15:00

Comment

• Intresteing to see that you have gearbox problems.
                              I have about the same hp and have been running 01E DQT gearbox (2.5tdi v6) for the past 4 years without problems.
                              I have abused the gearbox quite a lot.

Lets hope this gearbox life will be longer.
                              Let us know how the following weekend event goes. My first event is on 2 may and my hands are itching. That rush when you are behind the tree is awesome.
                              Last edited by rst; 19 March 2015, 18:20.
                              Audi UrS4 609hp/846Nm @ wheels
                              10.911@210, 1km 268km/h, 1mile 295km/h
                              FATS 2,30 sec

Comment

Working...
                              X