• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should be pretty much done by then.

Albert's farb bracket is worth doing.

Thanks for update.

Comment

• Yeah if i have had The time to fix My garage i could have done it by know, but the car is in storage in another location, and as soon summer is here i will change roof and build à carport on The house and fix the garage... But it will be done as soon my priorities with The house is done

Its still a lifelong project
      1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
      2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
      2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
      2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrath View Post

But it will be done as soon my priorities with The house is done

It's still a lifelong project
        You'll appreciate the house all the better when it is done.

These cars are lifelong, but you're definitely halfway there.

When it's done you can buy and fettle a UrS6+ 4.2L Avant for use as a daily driver.

Comment

• That has crossed My mind am about to give My Hyundai away to My girlfriend and have looked at à A6 allroad -12-14 for à daily driver or à 525 , 530 xdrive -13-14

But then i was thinking of à cheaper and more fun car like another 2.2 or V8
          2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

Did make a copy of the Thuppu Cayenne brake adapter and have it done in aluminum in cad, going to try em out to see If I can use them. Then maybe other people are interested. They are for the HP2 struts by the way.

I have also sorted the missing parts to the front suspension Had to buy em from the stealer, but got it from Germany trough Heiko @ au-tel.de so I was only half the price

He was nice to send me a pen Have probably bought stuff trough him for like 1k£

Any who, things are looking brighter and I can see the light. Although I just bought a house so I hope I can sort out the car before the move in August... but things need to be done there as well
            Hi Wrath,I'm just wondering how efficient you found this guy @ (at au-tel.de) ? I'm currently having trouble getting hold of him.Sent an email 3 days ago requesting parts/prices and no reply.Is this normal for him? It's doing my head in as i hate waiting around for nothing whilst i could be getting on with jobs. Cheers Mark.
            96 URS6 plus speck saloon
            96 URS6 plus speck estate
            94 2.6 80 Avant
            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
              Hi Wrath,I'm just wondering how efficient you found this guy @ (at au-tel.de) ? I'm currently having trouble getting hold of him.Sent an email 3 days ago requesting parts/prices and no reply.Is this normal for him? It's doing my head in as i hate waiting around for nothing whilst i could be getting on with jobs. Cheers Mark.
              Have bought Audi parts from him the last three years and have always got an answer the same day, but last order one thing was broken and he refused to help me (à 50€ part)
              So then i terminated our relation, hade bought parts for 2000€ from him...

His loss, sorry that I couldnt help you more...

Regards
              Goeran
              2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                When I was looking for bushes, I emailed him as well, and never got back to me. That's not how you do business for sure.
                '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Did make a copy of the Thuppu Cayenne brake adapter and have it done in aluminum in cad, going to try em out to see If I can use them. Then maybe other people are interested. They are for the HP2 struts by the way.

:
                  I hope that you got approval from Thuppu to copy his bracket design. Otherwise it is theft of intellectual property. In any case, I think it is a very bad idea to make the bracket out of aluminum. If Thuppu did his in steel there was a good reason. You are asking for serious trouble it the bracket fails. Thuppu might want to seek council from a lawyer and pre-empt any resulting lawsuits.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                  94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                    I hope that you got approval from Thuppu to copy his bracket design. Otherwise it is theft of intellectual property. In any case, I think it is a very bad idea to make the bracket out of aluminum. If Thuppu did his in steel there was a good reason. You are asking for serious trouble it the bracket fails. Thuppu might want to seek council from a lawyer and pre-empt any resulting lawsuits.

Has Thappu patented them or?
                    '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                    '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• There is no patents. I did send Wrath a couple of raw adapters without holes, so he could make them fit his HP2 strut housings. My adapters are for UFO struts, so there was not much common between those two.

More like copy is how AK-motorsport make his solid front subframe bushings, but as there is no patents, he is free to do so.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                      Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                      BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                      BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post

Depends on the grade of aluminium you use, the front 996 adaptors on my car are aluminium and have been on the car for nearly 10years fault free.

If you really want to do it correctly I'd use a stainless helicoil insert on the threads, and a thread sealant when you put it in to prevent dissimilar metal corrosion
                        sigpic
                        1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                        1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                        1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Sure aluminium will hold. The calipers are aluminium.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                          Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                          BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                          BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Have bought Audi parts from him the last three years and have always got an answer the same day, but last order one thing was broken and he refused to help me (à 50€ part)
                            So then i terminated our relation, hade bought parts for 2000€ from him...

His loss, sorry that I couldnt help you more...

Regards
                            Goeran
                            He sounds like an Ars hole! I still have not had a reply and that's after emailing again yesterday and trying to ring him.Thanks for letting me know Goeran.
                            96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                            96 URS6 plus speck estate
                            94 2.6 80 Avant
                            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• Saw that Tomas already replied to this:

"I hope that you got approval from Thuppu to copy his bracket design. Otherwise it is theft of intellectual property. In any case, I think it is a very bad idea to make the bracket out of aluminum. If Thuppu did his in steel there was a good reason. You are asking for serious trouble it the bracket fails. Thuppu might want to seek council from a lawyer and pre-empt any resulting lawsuits."

Don´t know how you guys solves issues on the other side of this big puddle between us, but here in Viking country we don´t have any lawsuit problems, we can talk to each other instead

Also, If the choice of material is a bad idea then they shouldnt make airplane and race cars of the same material, just saying
                              2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• Marc, If you here from him you can tell him after talking to me you will take your buisness elsewere
                                2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

Working...
                                X