Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lee_whitehead View Post
    I can see it fine here - its a big pic mate
    Okay. I just went back and had to right click on the red [X] and select "show picture". Then they showed up. Weird.
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
      Okay. I just went back and had to right click on the red [X] and select "show picture". Then they showed up. Weird.
      Figured it out (I think). The photos aren't jpgs, they are "png" and IE must not like them too much.
      RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
        Figured it out (I think). The photos aren't jpgs, they are "png" and IE must not like them too much.
        Gonna fix that later...
        1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
        2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
        2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
        2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

most of them don't work unfortunately. I was really looking forward to the thread

Comment

Sorry about that, going to fix it as soon as i get hold of some site there you can store pictures... Any tip?
            2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

Originally posted by Wrath View Post
              Sorry about that, going to fix it as soon as i get hold of some site there you can store pictures... Any tip?
              photobucket.com

use the [img] links.

can't go wrong

Comment

Try to rightclick the X and press show Picture and it will work, going to move the Picture to photobucket later on...
                2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

As my Bilstein almost didn´t turn up I decided to wait with the chassis component so I make everything at the same time. The car has been given a new set of inner and outer tie rods and new tires since last update and more paintjob has been done as I´m kind of pedantic so trunk and rear spoiler is now painted and all marks and dent´s is gone Have ordered a Apikol diff mount and snub mount to go with the rest of upgrades that I have this winter so sooooon it will be getting a new spine to the whole car.

Have also bought myself new brakes (again) not that the stock was bad but thu to my big wheels I had to feel them out with something. Thuppu made me some bracket so 310x22 rear discs is on it´s way and Nic0las sold me a nice set of Cayenne 6-pot caliper that will line up with 360mm discs, Caliper are in paint and when the struts is going for a overhaul with shocks and all, I'm going to fabricate a adapter plate so I can align the calipers in a 90 degree mounting angle so I can use bigger discs and have a more proper function of the caliper itself. Maybe someone else want a adapter plate for their S6 in the future. Will post here when it´s all done. The adapter plates will either be in high tension aluminum or titanium.

Next inline after the chassis upgrade is engine upgrade.

Head is being removed for a proper rebuild (have some valves that doesn't seal up and makes it stumble on idle) with a stage 1 porting as we call it in my home town. Have a bloke here in my hometown that has a airflow bench and good knowledge about these engines and porting these heads, so he will be getting the head in March I believe, also new injectors and a freshly rebuilt K26/k27 Hoffer turbo is sitting on the shelf. Along with brand new 7a cams, don´t ask me where I got them as they don´t exist, and not for the price I gave either

Along with Arons carbon fiber parts for the engine bay (valvecover, camcover,injectorcover etc.) and new paint for the valve cover it will be a lot nicer I believe, the smurf blue is gone.

Cheers
                  Last edited by Wrath; 29 January 2014, 19:00.
                  2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

I love the work your doing there and the superb attention to detail. I too strive for perfection when my £££ allow me.The brake upgrade sounds a bit special and will be watching with interest.My favorite road wheel is the 17" URS6 + spec. That doesn't mean i don't appreciate your wheels because i do they look great!

I will at some time in the future be doing a little tinkering with my head.Gasflowing is a great way of making the head even better than it already was and unleashing a few more horses and efficientcy.

You managed to find BRAND NEW 7A cams.....very nice. I Have a very low mileage 7A engine thats in excellent condition.Could you do me a favour and measure with a vernier the lobe heights on both exhaust and inlet so i can compare your new cams measuremnets with my low mileage cams. Cheers
                    Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 29 January 2014, 19:34.
                    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                    96 URS6 plus speck estate
                    94 2.6 80 Avant
                    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by voursch sprung dirch View Post
                      I love the work your doing there and the superb attention to detail. I too strive for perfection when my £££ allow me.The brake upgrade sounds a bit special and will be watching with interest.My favorite road wheel is the 17" URS6 + spec. That doesn't mean i don't appreciate your wheels because i do they look great!

I will at some time in the future be doing a little tinkering with my head.Gasflowing is a great way of making the head even better than it already was and unleashing a few more horses and efficientcy.

You managed to find BRAND NEW 7A cams.....very nice. I Have a very low mileage 7A engine thats in excellent condition.Could you do me a favour and measure with a vernier the lobe heights on both exhaust and inlet so i can compare your new cams measuremnets with my low mileage cams. Cheers
                      Thank you mate, I'm glad you like it, it will take a little more cash to get where I want but this car is just a hobby car nowadays, earlier it was my daily driver but then I changed job and to commute with this car wasn't an option thu to high mileage in petrol and also I didn´t want to put those miles in it. So the battle continues to have a mint UrS6

Yeah had a little bit of luck when I saw a some old guy was selling out his rallyshop, He had a bunch of new Audi things that was suppose to hit the rally world in the 90´s but then they changed some rules and some bit was stored for later. Think I paid 150£ for the cams... they are very popular in Sweden and you can easily sell these used for around 300 quid. So in those terms it was a steal. Don´t really know if I´m going to use them or put them in a showcase

I can take a vernier when I´ve got around to do so and PM you with some measurements, no problem
                      2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

The Porsche calipers are a bit late thu to my friend (who has the powder coating company http://tjbpulverlack.se/ ) has a stomach flue or what it´s called in English, but in the middle of next week they will arrive. But Porsche Center North in my home town had made a similar order and they turned out super:

Mine are of course sandblasted and hand sanded for a extra smooth finish, I guess they didn't bother

Powdercoated with RAL 1018 and then heat resisting decals with a clear powdercoat on top. Can´t wait until I get mine...

Meanwhile I ordered 360x34 discs with 18z cayenne pads, 310x22 discs with new oem pads to use with my homemade adapter for the front and Thuppus rear big brake upgrade adapters

Tomorrow the fun begins, a friend of mine has lent me his garage for this winter and are going to help me out... is a real car lover and works as a mechanic for a living so it will be great.
                        2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

those callipers are sexy! want!

Comment

Originally posted by lee_whitehead View Post
                            those callipers are sexy! want!
                            +1

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                            Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                            BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                            BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

As described above, not mine but this is not the correct model, I will use the 6-pot (in my eyes) smaller and more good looking 6-pot caliper, the one for 350mm> caliper... but paint and stickers will be similair, now sleeptime , a long day ahead tomorrow
                              2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

Originally posted by Wrath View Post
                                and new paint for the valve cover it will be a lot nicer I believe, the smurf blue is gone.

Cheers
                                Thank goodness !

Comment

Working...
                                X