UrS6 Saloon restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new updates...

Got some garagetime today with children and animals out in the way "Hans" a friend of mine was kind to lend me some hands and his garage so we could change the leaky stock exhaust manifold to a proper RS2 one, my god it was tight with the nuts under the manifold in the middle but after a homemade 12 wrench and some swearing it´s there, also changed the engine mounts and gear mounts.

Tomorrow it´s MOT day and next week I´ll get the 3" downpipe welded together with my BN-Pipe exhaust...

Then it´s time for my Bilstein B12 kit with the newpainted chassi going to be really nice...
    1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
    2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
    2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
    2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

Originally posted by Wrath View Post
      Can I ask you, how did you do, or where did you get these exhaust brackets?

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
      Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
      BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
      BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

They came with the very cheap exhaust But it´s just a piece of stainless plate with a loose hanger welded on, and then bent for my liking.... I believe I have two spare but don´t think I will be needing them...
        2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

cool! keep us posted!
          one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

Didnt clear the MOT today

Emission test failed... Hydrocarbons (HC) was to high on idle but on 2500rpm it was 0 (the limit is 100) and got 180 in idle... think I must tweak the fuel map or raise the idle in VEMS-Tune to get it corrected... but that´s a minor... a big fail was that my left new control arm that´s only been on the car 1000km has started to fail >=( the brand was Meyle HD and will never buy them again... they didn´t give me any point to fix on that so it´s just the exhaust emission I have to fix so no biggy...

Then probably next friday 22th I´ll get my 3" downpipe with race catalyst converter welded together with the BN-pipe, really looking forward to that
            2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

The Interior job looks like magic to me )
              I wonder if same could be done with white leather, mine is in need with this kind of treatment badly )
              http://sergov.tumblr.com/

Comment

Some pictures of the upholstred steering wheel from carsdream.com, was really cheap and awesome quality... bought the gear knob from Audi but didnt have the same high end quality, maybe it will go to germany aswell.

Had my tuner check the exhaust value and after a little tweak with the ignition the car got true the MOT with no problem. HC value reduced to 0

New steering wheel:

New gear knob:

2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

Got myself some time to make the 3" downpipe and the y-pipe for my BN-pipe, have some friends that have a company that makes exhaust system now that helped me out... cheap as dirt but with a good result, everything stainless... downpipe tigwelded but thue to lack of time the y-pipe just got miged.

Now I just need my Hoffer turbo when it´s ready then install some injectors, camshafts, clutch, ported head, and a re-map and im good to go again
                  Last edited by Wrath; 3 December 2012, 09:12.
                  2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

Loving this project mate, quality work and a beautiful car!

You should pop up some youtube videos - I can see that you have a cam on the wipers :-)

Comment

Thanks mate, i sure can, only vid is from some superstage event when it was stock in the engine... Gonna Edit them now when i got à faster computer and also film the sound of the exhaust that ive promised...
                      2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

Looking great! I really like the job on the steering wheel! Mine could do with a recover like that.

Cheers!

Comment

Also resprayed my chrome grill to black and bought a new S6 badge to match up with the rest of the car

Hi - really liking this project. Could you tell me what you sprayed the chrome with? Did it need an etch primer? How many coats? Looking to do the same to my S6

Cheers,
                          Tom

Comment

sand down the surface then use some kind of primer (i used something we had at work called washprimer) but any etch or acid primer will do, UPOL makes great products. After that I used 2k solid black 2-3 coats (let it dry for 24 hours) and then I sanded it down with 1200 paper until it gets smooth and then I painted 2-3 coats of satin black 2k, let it dry again 24 hours and your done. Don´t use any IR-lamps maybe it will clear the owen but airdry is the best option

Good luck, have updated the front with black headlight and black turning signals, looks even better
                            2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

Ursobsseded:

Thanks alot, I can really recommend carsdream.com who did my steering wheel. Looks great and was cheaper then a used steering wheel that looks like crap. Also changed the gear linkage some weekend ago, and the feeling in the gearbox is like new. cost about 30£ and it´s worth it! Just going to change a rubber hanger so the gearstick wont go up and down so much. after that it´s rock solid.
                              2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

Originally posted by Wrath View Post
                                sand down the surface then use some kind of primer (i used something we had at work called washprimer) but any etch or acid primer will do, UPOL makes great products. After that I used 2k solid black 2-3 coats (let it dry for 24 hours) and then I sanded it down with 1200 paper until it gets smooth and then I painted 2-3 coats of satin black 2k, let it dry again 24 hours and your done. Don´t use any IR-lamps maybe it will clear the owen but airdry is the best option

Good luck, have updated the front with black headlight and black turning signals, looks even better
                                Thanks for that. Do you know whether the chrome bits on the grille and around the windows are actually chrome, or are they plastic made to look like chrome?

Comment

Working...
                                X