UrS6 Saloon restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wrath View Post
    ...It looks really good on cloudy days but to gray on sunny days...
    I have the same problem with my UrS6, looks excelent until the sun comes out and then i'm thinking "damn, i didn't buy a grey car..."

Obsidian Black seems like good idea, what is the Audi equivalent for that? I googled a bit about that colour last evening and it looks promising - blackest black metallic paint for mercs. I might try that for my car.

Removing the spare wheel tub for exhaust is the biggest drawback with that dual exhaust, at least I would have tried keeping enough room to fit the "pizza slicer" spare wheel in there.

You should do DIY topic for the leather restoration, result looks superb. Any chance seeing that gopro footage somewhere?

Good luck with the car
    Last edited by Zoig; 30 March 2012, 10:08.

Comment

Great job done on your restoration project good looking car

Comment

Thanks guys !

Macspring: The thing is that I polish car for a hobby so I can make a 20 old car look stunning without to respray, or you could respray it in a garage and then wetsanding it to a mirror. Did a buddie of mines S6 Avant that was Ming blue pearl... my god 17 years without polishing, took me like 14 hours but the result was stunning. But sometimes you just spray away the problem, the small extra stuff have alot of friends that´s working as painter, tyreguys, mechanics and so on so have always help with bigger jobs as alignment an such. gonna upload a picture of the wrinkle that i was thinking of, just a small hint picture and nothing that you see really how it looks, but red on black is nice ! Really like Thuppu´s black wrinkle but would look kinda off on a black car. Did my valvecover same color as the car first and that looked like crap

Wrinkle:

Buddies S6 Avant under treatment...

Wasen´t in the best condition, therefore he cried every time he washed it, i can understand him... but nothing that i couldnt fix

First run with Menzerna Power Finnish, had to run it with 3M Fast Cut Plus on some spots aswell alot of wetsanding 4000, 3000 and some 1200

After that and some runs with Menzerna Super Finnish it should look like this... Wow a different color

Also my friend had some rust on the hatch so he told me that he was going to repaint it friday (was taking on the car on saturday) My god but hey at least the paint is soft. Also he said to me that he never did it before , but i just told him to use alot of clear top coat you can save alot with wetsanding and polish.

The mirror looking part looked like the lower part before... just a big blur

After:

I didn´t do the rear spoiler so much as it was in really bad shape, you can even see the scratches on the photo... he had a dog so

Same problem there with my camera (used my 3GS instead of Nikon D40) byt a hint of what it looked like.

Zoig:

Exactly my feeling, talked to my buddy that also do custom paint for custom customer and he said that the Obsidian black was the blackest metallic in direct sunlight and on cloudy days it looks really black, I was thinking of the BMW black sappire black but this looks alot darker, but we´ll see when this will happend.

About the spare wheel box, there is no problem fitting a fully pumped 17" wheel for example (had this in the spare wheel box) in the boot, also got my 2 amplifiers and 12" subwoofer and there´s no problem with space

The gopro footage is not on the net as I havent got around to edit them, but some day maybe.. they are just like 6 month old now
        Last edited by Wrath; 30 March 2012, 11:22.
        1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
        2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
        2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
        2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

More updates

Had a garage day today with my friends and of course i forgot my camera AGAIN
          But some i think i must share some pictures anyway...

Changed my alternator today and took a picture of my carbon fiber vinyl wrapped parts for the egine bay that ive been testing for 2 weeks now, still havent wrinkled of the heat, im impressed... just bought some vinyl to see how it´s gonna look, then i´ll do the real deal and carbon skinn them. Took the carbon spark plug cover off to clear coat it as it´s get more depth in it

And also this is the inside, neet and tidy:

mmm this baby will last a longer time then a used one i hope.

Took some better picture of the exhaust system but don´t have them yet...

But this is how it looks... going to fine tune the right one as it´s a few mm lower and the left one sticks out 4mm to much and so... but a custom bracket for the custom floor got real nice.

The hole my friend took up looked really good, nice to have friends that´handy and want to help out.

And the sounds is mindblowing, sounds like a 911 turbo or something, really deep dark tone with that crispy 5 cylinder noise...

Going to upload some sound files later on... and the best is that it´s no resonance at all and quiet on the road when cruising Just gonna drive around tomorrow and smile
          Last edited by Wrath; 31 March 2012, 22:29.
          2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

cool! Can't wait to hear the sound

Comment

Thanks,

Going to film something later on and put up here, just check back in a couple of days
              2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

And the sounds is mindblowing, sounds like a 911 turbo or something, really deep dark tone with that crispy 5 cylinder noise...
                Cool! It now looks almost the same as mine with Eisenmann's.

Looking forward to hear the sound. BN-pipes usually has a nice dark sound, but raw metalic scream on high rpm's.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Thomas,

had missed out your 740, that was really nice... yeah kinda looks the same... just need to tweak mine a little bit, need to lower both muffler i think 5mm or so and align them up better ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRkSb...eature=channel

Here´s a soundclip with another guy with the same system. Sounds kinda the same i believe, the only different is that the car in the video have 3" downpipe and a 3" catalyst... mine still have the stock downpipe and catalyst... believe mine is a little darker tone to it...
                  2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

Forgot, yes the headlight glass are some aftermarket i bought here in Sweden brand is TYC and cost like ~22£ each so... they are not oem but they do their job

Have you got a link for the place you got the headlight glass from?
                    sigpic
                    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

It was from a scrapyard company here in Sweden, they have raised their prices but still have them 275 SEK a piece (~25£)

http://www.bildelsbasen.se/?link=item&post_id=19716811
                      2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

As quoted before it´s still some adjustment to be made (level out left muffler and push both in a few mm.) but im so pleased with the sound
                        2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

Looks great... Im putting dual on the RS
                          /Thomas
                          RS2-94

Comment

Thanks mate !
                            2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

Comment

Have got all my bushings now and as soon as possible I´ll order a Bilstein B12 kit so I can do some trackdays with the big german

All bushings to front and rear, all tierod and suchs are changed last year.

Front and rear subframe bushings for that crispy feel Thanks to Thuppu and Bambridge

Just some garage days so I can paint the sand blasted chassie that I got eariler...
                                Also got my Steering wheel upholstred, images are coming soon on that... got really really nice.

/Göran
                                2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

Working...
                                X