No announcement yet.

UrS6 Saloon restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't died people but I still haven't recovered as fast as I wanted, training is as stated before a priority one in my life now, also going trough a carrier change and some house buying. Have got a Little spare time so I assembled the rear shocks and installed the rear axle with all the trimings, just need to paint the driveshaft and then I´m on track again. The brakes are getting along fine and as soon as I get my prototypes (on the way over) I think I can install the Porsche caliper not this weekend but maybe next. (rear ones just misses some bolts) And then the front shocks will get on the car it´s getting closer as we speak. Have no photos yet, but maybe next time.
    1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
    2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
    2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
    2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrath View Post

also going trough a carrier change and some house buying.

Because I'm nosey, what's "going trough a carrier change" ?

Comment

• career change is probably the correct word
        2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• Of course - obvious when you see it written.

Best wishes with all the changes in your life.

No stalking from me, but looking forward to further posts on your thread.

Mad for UrS6 now myself, hence the ocd interest and comments.

Comment

• Hello Goeran,
            i hope you get well soon mate.
            one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

• Thanks guys, you are too kind I have more plans for the car now but will drive it this summer so help me god
              2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• Got some garagedays and have some few updates:

The rear is now complete even with rear brakes Thuppu style and the brackets for my Cayenne caliper is done, a big thanks to Thuppu for providing his version of the brackets that I remodled for fitting with HP2 struts, couldnt use exactly the same boltpattern and needed to make some own bolts to my struts to fit. Black coated everything with a electric zink method.

Have also made a new Cold airintake thue to bigger turbo and the oem inlet was in the way of that, the oil cooler was in desperat need of a ultrasonic bath as it was pilled up with gravel and such

Also bought a new compressor dead cheap for 265£ here in Sweden

Maybe I can install my front struts this weekend and start bleeding the brakes.
                Have also installed the new apikol motor bushing and have istalled the propshaft and Everything around that. Exhaust is still on the floor but will toss that up in the next couple of weeks.
                2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• That looks good, I like watching pics of nice clean/new car parts being installed

Comment

• Old crap is out and new compressor installed:

Also installed my K27/26 Hoffer turbo that I bought from a member, a Swedish member, he just bought it from another s2member with shot seals and did a make up with some cleaning and stated it was like new, flushed the exhaust with almost a liter of oil in seconds... needed to ship it to total restoration and now it´s working hopefully last moron isn't born yet...

needed to make a adapter/shim from an old oil pipe

rear brake as stated before is assembled:

And also my Apikol motor mount is in Place

2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• Nice that you got something out of the adapters. Also nice air intake mod.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                      Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                      BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                      BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Thanks Thuppu, yeah something came out of them, a friend is going to CAD read them and hopefully i can make more... They are not quite The same as yours... Only one hole is in The same place if I remember...

Yeah The cold intake is quite nice, The bigger turbo in stock place interfear with The stock inlet so had to make this variant gonna fix The last bits under The car then The struts will hopefully get installed soon, have some grinding to do on The valve cover and then The smurfblue cover is gone...
                        2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrath View Post

then The smurfblue cover is gone...

Just messing........

Great progress and great thread.

Best wishes.

Comment

• Did make a copy of the Thuppu Cayenne brake adapter and have it done in aluminum in cad, going to try em out to see If I can use them. Then maybe other people are interested. They are for the HP2 struts by the way.

I have also sorted the missing parts to the front suspension Had to buy em from the stealer, but got it from Germany trough Heiko @ au-tel.de so I was only half the price

He was nice to send me a pen Have probably bought stuff trough him for like 1k£

Any who, things are looking brighter and I can see the light. Although I just bought a house so I hope I can sort out the car before the move in August... but things need to be done there as well
                            2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• almost done...

News news news...

Have done my suspension struts at the front and also my adapters for the brakes have been done, (Everything is loctited after the photo shoot) also a big thanks to Thuppu for adapter models and brake hose brackets !

Found some suitable cable connectors for the pad warning cables

brakes are bleeded, coolant is bleeded and Everything seems tight. Just a Wheel alignment, exhaust install and a AC-bleed and I'm back on the road. Have to buy bigger spacers to fit my Wheels, anyone that know what kind of ET you need for a normal stance with this calipers? my set of BBS Lemans has ET35 but with shallow spokes they touch the calipers without 15mm+ spacers

2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• 19 rims? They look so good mate

Comment

Working...
                                X