No announcement yet.

UrS6 Saloon restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loving the updates. Any more photos of the front subframe going back on?

Also, what did you request from your painter? Are they just shotblasted then powder coated? Any other details?

Cheers,
    Tom

Comment

• Tom, sorry I don´t have any more picture of that, can take some next time I have garagetime

Normaly i think the procedure is to biokleen painted articals and non painted articles get a chemcial electolyt bath or something like that, and then they clean and shotblast/mediablast the piece, burning them in a owen to sweat any contamination out of the piece, then I ordered them with powdercoat black with powder clearcoat. The Porsche caliper got a high temp vinyl between the base coat and clearcoat, just like any 2k painting but with powder.

they also do chrome paint or pearl effect paint and such.

Check them out on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/Tjbpulverlack

Cheers
      1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
      2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
      2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
      2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

• Another tip if you thinking of doing same caliper clean as I did, is too still have the piston in the caliper and a plug where the handbrake arm is to save you from extra polishing work as I needed to do you live and you learn
        2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• Still haven´t got my struts from the paintshop, so meanwhile I orderd a full set of screws, nuts and washers for the chassie that was broken or to rusty to re-use and sent them to my local elox/zink Company , will get them back next week and hopefully the parts that´s missing is painted. The wheelbearing hubs, Thuppu´s brake kit adapter will also be Electric zinked black for a rust free Life in the future New left handbrake wire was also bought as it was scuffed on the mantle as I didn´t want to tape it up. Also got new rings for the bearings, handbrake clips for the handbrake wire and some other plastic nuts as they missed them on my last order...

My hopes are to start building it together in the end of next week...
          2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• Hi Wrath, great idea getting all your bolts,nuts and washers coated in zink and i look forward to your superb updates in a week or so.
            96 URS6 plus speck saloon
            96 URS6 plus speck estate
            94 2.6 80 Avant
            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrath View Post
              Still haven´t got my struts from the paintshop, so meanwhile I orderd a full set of screws, nuts and washers for the chassie that was broken or to rusty to re-use and sent them to my local elox/zink Company , will get them back next week and hopefully the parts that´s missing is painted. The wheelbearing hubs, Thuppu´s brake kit adapter will also be Electric zinked black for a rust free Life in the future New left handbrake wire was also bought as it was scuffed on the mantle as I didn´t want to tape it up. Also got new rings for the bearings, handbrake clips for the handbrake wire and some other plastic nuts as they missed them on my last order...

My hopes are to start building it together in the end of next week...

Hi Wrath,

If you can, could you take photos of the new bits with their respective part numbers ? Would be great for all of us urS6 owners.

Would be interested in any more information about the black finish zinc coating you mentioned.

Thanks very much.

Enjoying your progress / thread.

Comment

• The electric zink treatment is really good for a better corrosion value or how you explain it, every steel piece is treatable and if it´s aluminium you use a anodizing method, Was thinking of doing the whole chassie but I like powdercoat more

http://www.danod.se/ is the Company and http://www.danod.se/bilder.htm is a picture site of some jobs they made. Used this company for some Öhlins shocks that I had on a previous car that I had. Black, Yellow(gold) and chrome finish is avaible. And the price is awesome... Think i paid 30£

Don´t have the bags for everything that I bought anymore but have made a list in a word document that I can attach later...

The valvecover is finished and the smurf blue will disappear

Powder coat (Desert red wrinkle)
                2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• Wow, nice!

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                  Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                  BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                  BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
                    Wow, nice!
                    Thanks, they also have it in black !
                    2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• macspring:

Here you go, I haven't all parts at home so I can´t take pictures of them and I don´t want to either But I've took some Picture of the etka catalogue and added a picture of the parts that I bought, red = haven't ordered, green = bought parts, blue = n/a but similar part

First one is screws for the prop shaft, didn't know if it was 6 or 8 again the diff so I ordered 8

The valvecover is going to be great with Arons carbon valve plug cover and camcover, hopefully I´ll get hold of the airbox cover and injector cover as well...
                      2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrath View Post
                        macspring:

Here you go, I haven't all parts at home so I can´t take pictures of them and I don´t want to either But I've took some Picture of the etka catalogue and added a picture of the parts that I bought, red = haven't ordered, green = bought parts, blue = n/a but similar part
                        Whoa.....That's a bit strong Mac.Reminds me something about diplomatic international relations....remember?? It looks like blowing smoke actually reduces the chances of a really good post then.Shame really as i like his posts
                        94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by voursch sprung dirch View Post
                          Whoa.....That's a bit strong Mac.Reminds me something about diplomatic international relations....remember?? It looks like blowing smoke actually reduces the chances of a really good post then.Shame really as i like his posts
                          I don't understand your post above ?

I asked Wrath to photograph the bags of the new parts he bought if he could. if not, no problem.

He didn't post the photos, but he took the trouble to post the list of part numbers with the corresponding kate diagrams, which is also still helpful to urS6 owners.

So as mentioned, I don't get the significance of your post, as my comments to UrS4Boy in the UrS6 battery under the seat thread was not in any way the same scenario as my posts in this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by macspring View Post
                            I don't understand your post above ?

I asked Wrath to photograph the bags of the new parts he bought if he could. if not, no problem.

He didn't post the photos, but he took the trouble to post the list of part numbers with the corresponding kate diagrams, which is also still helpful to urS6 owners.

So as mentioned, I don't get the significance of your post, as my comments to UrS4Boy in the UrS6 battery under the seat thread was not in any way the same scenario as my posts in this thread.

Mac,Just so you can understand me, as there was no problem,i was just having a laugh.I will try again.

Mac.... my post refered to your request and i quote you " If you can, could you take photos of the new bits with their respective part numbers? Would be great for all of us URS6 owners" I know you like pictures of the bits and parts like we all do.

Wrath replied "Here you go, I haven't all parts at home so I can´t take pictures of them and I don´t want to either " Understand now mac?

You didn't ask could he photograph the (bags) of the new parts you actually said " could you take photos of the new bits with their respective part numbers ?the phrase you used was Bits and that reads parts, it doesn't read bags.

The International diplomacy bit was in reference to wraths reply "I haven't all parts at home so I can´t take pictures of them and I don´t want to either " there is the significance and the funny side of it. You only wrote yesterday in response to mine and others empathy regarding the URS4 interior fire and i quote you when you responded to URS4boy that he needed to be more tolerant of us lesser mortals.

Mac, I guess it's gone straight over your head and you have completely missed it!
                            There are suttelties in there that i thought you would get/understand.

So when you write "I don't get the significance of your post" Now that i have spelled it out, i hope it's all clear.

And just to be clear this is nothing at all or in any way a slight on wraths superb posts on here
                            Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 14 March 2014, 04:29.
                            94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• It's still gone over my head.

This is a refection on me.

Also in a hurry this morning, but happy that I haven't offended anyone and everything is all good.

We should let Wrath's great thread get back on topic.

Comment

• Have got all my screws/washers and nuts from the Zink plating Company now... also the wheel hubs and they look amazing Also Thomas called me and told me that the rest of the chassie was done and powder coated.
                                Left it to my buddy today so he can press the new wheel bearings then I will be making the Porsche adapter plates and then he will be getting them back to install the Bilstein shocks A little sneek peek what the color theme will be in the engine:

The front and rear struts didn't see the camera light as they where wrapped and left at my buddy, also everything else to the suspension where left... but I've got one picture from the painter earlier on:

Here are some picture of the Zink plating, choosed black this time on everything, they also have yellow and silver, the wheel hubs got a matt finish to them as they where media blasted but that I already knew and doesn't matter, just wanted a rust protection on them total it cost me around 40£ for 4pc wheel bearing hubs, 42 pc bolts/washers and nuts and Thuppus brake adapters.

That´s just one out of 3 bags The struts got reaaally nice and looks like the swaybar picture I uploaded earlier...

I hope to start the assembly soon, just got injured in the back on Monday so nothing will happen this week/weekend I guess
                                Last edited by Wrath; 26 March 2014, 16:13.
                                2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

Working...
                                X