UrS6 Saloon restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by voursch sprung dirch View Post
    Where did you find that? Its the sensible way to go, get it cleaned and painted and bushed up and just do the job all in one day.
    Spink on here had one available.

All in one day seems optimistic! Is there a 'how to' guide on replacing an S6 chassis somewhere?

Comment

• Was reffering to changing a front subframe only and assuming using new antiroll bar bushes.But you could change both struts if you had a pair already built up with new parts. I thought that was why you wanted spare subframes to prep and build up ready for when you do the swap.
      96 URS6 plus speck saloon
      96 URS6 plus speck estate
      94 2.6 80 Avant
      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• Nice to hear that you find some spareparts Have had a change of plan regarding my chassie,
        My plan was to have a install this week and just reuse front and rear struts with wheelbearing. (planned to paint them in place with some suited paint )
        But that plan I put in the bin. Wheelbearings was pressed out today and tomorrow the struts will go to the painter.

Ordered new Abs collar sleeves or what they are called and new wheelbearing.
        Rear caliper was in need of new pistons as well thu to the lack of chrome.
        But the shows go on even better

If my front stabilizer look like this:

I don´t think I can paint the struts with a brush and some poo paint
        Last edited by Wrath; 11 February 2014, 20:16.
        1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
        2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
        2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
        2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

• Had my second garage day yesterday and everything went according to plan I guess, front sub frame was assembled, torqued up and installed to the car, and rear sub frame was taken down and striped, now I just wait for the front struts and rear hubs to get back from the paint shop, only have reeeeally bad pictures from the garage as my real camera always are left behind, I'm going to remember that next time, but everything that´s been painted have the same quality as picture above, just doesn't show up good with my crapy iPhone 3gs (lol-phone). It has a nice dust sealent to it as we speak Will be getting my wheelbearings next week and hopefully my rear caliper will get some paint, have bought new pistons, bleed nipples and new handbrake springs to them aswell. The seals will be reused as they only been in the caliper for 1 year.

Next time the rear suspension will get into place and hopefully the front and rear shocks as well. Also have to order new bolts/wascher and nuts to the rear subframe as it dosent looks so neat to reuse them. The prop shaft was taken down thue to damaged bolts in the joint, some stupid bafoon has damage all of them so new ones has to be installed. After that I can finally get going with the Porsche calipers

I think the chassie itself was in good condition, and not so rusty as I first thought.

Last edited by Wrath; 14 February 2014, 21:46.
          2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• Great work as usual Wrath Looking good
            96 URS6 plus speck saloon
            96 URS6 plus speck estate
            94 2.6 80 Avant
            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• Sweet finish on the swaybar, and nice bushings you have there.
              Last edited by Thuppu; 15 February 2014, 01:27.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
              Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
              BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
              BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• voursch sprung dirch,

Thanks

Thomas,

Thanks, everything that's been powder coated has the same finish, just have to polish everything up after installation thu to filty fingers... Yes the bushing looks and installed really good, going to be a great upgrade along with everything else
                2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• New stabilizer rods or what they are called in the rear , all wheelbearings , new bolts,nuts and washers för rear crossbeam/axlebeam is ordered. Maybe the head will come off next garageday...
                  2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• nice swayber.I want one Goeran!
                    one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

• Thank you pop, got a almost complete chassie extra except front swaybar, front struts and rear hubs
                      Everything is up for sale + hp2 calipers with drilled zimmermann rotors (front and rear) The caliper has been fully refurbished and rotors has around 10.000km on them... Only bad thing is The paint on front caliper thu to a drunk painter on a different paintshop.
                      2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• Looking really nice and the progress on suspension components as well as finish are rh good quality!

Always fancied a URS6, really undervalued cars
                        1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• Wrath,

Copper grease on everything you're reassembling to avoid seized bolts in the future.

Wish I had the spare to time get going on mine.

Nice work, keep up to the good work to keep the rest of us inspired.

Comment

• I wish I had spare money to work on mine like that .
                            Nice progress , Good luck !
                            Rather unique wreck,than a polished nothing.

Comment

• Thanks guys, yes it has cost a few bucks but in my World is all worth it I´ll estimate that the total overhaul with a used chassie, media blasting, powder coating, b12 suspension kit and all new bolts, washers, nuts, control arms, bushings + aftermarket bushings is about 1500-1600£ so it has cost quite a bit but then I´ll do all work for myself and with some help from good friends
                              2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• Meanwhile when I´m waiting on my wheelbearings and other stuff that I ordered I cleaned my rear caliper from the old powdercoat, found a perfect solvent that works as a charm to remove paint.
                                BioKleen SPC202, just apply it with a foam spray gun or a paint brush as I did, apply it thick and wrap em up in plastic foil (same foil you wrap food in) and let it cure for a couple of days, (2+2 days with a second coat in between in my case) clean them with a high pressure water washer or what they are called. Nilfisk in my case. And the result is stunning, the solvent wont harm the caliper or even the plastic foil. Now they are ready for media blasting and new powder coat

Biokleen SPC 202

Before

After

Aftershot on the calipers

Didnt have any picture of the treatment but you can guess how it looks, just a tip for the audience
                                2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

Working...
                                X