No announcement yet.

UrS6 Saloon restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still havent got around to get my car out from Winterstorage, summer is knocking on the door until today came 15cm snow so it will take Another week or so Before I can get my car.

Have ordered some new parts:

H&R 29800 springs
    Alberts FARB kit
    Alberts polykit for Control arms and front and rear swaybar.
    Gonna change the rear top bushing for the rear shocks and do a new alignment.

Then I can take care of the seal on the sunroof that´s wistling above 120km/h speed, pretty anoying... Will also change turbo/injector and have it remaped... House is still taking alot of my time as I will be building a carport this summer and change roof and alot more... have my hands tied in the garage as we speak with Concrete work so I can have the car at home next Winter and probably start off the Engine build...

Got around and found a AAT block and a crack free 7A head along with my new and unused 7A camshaft that has been on the shelf for 3-4 years it could be a fun Engine... just need to study a little more regarding conrods,piston, clutch etc that im gonna put in the Engine
    1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
    2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
    2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
    2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrath View Post
      Marc, If you here from him you can tell him after talking to me you will take your buisness elsewere
      Will do!

Originally posted by Wrath View Post
      Still havent got around to get my car out from Winterstorage, summer is knocking on the door until today came 15cm snow so it will take Another week or so Before I can get my car.

Have ordered some new parts:

H&R 29800 springs
      Alberts FARB kit
      Alberts polykit for Control arms and front and rear swaybar.
      Gonna change the rear top bushing for the rear shocks and do a new alignment.

Then I can take care of the seal on the sunroof that´s wistling above 120km/h speed, pretty anoying... Will also change turbo/injector and have it remaped... House is still taking alot of my time as I will be building a carport this summer and change roof and alot more... have my hands tied in the garage as we speak with Concrete work so I can have the car at home next Winter and probably start off the Engine build...

Got around and found a AAT block and a crack free 7A head along with my new and unused 7A camshaft that has been on the shelf for 3-4 years it could be a fun Engine... just need to study a little more regarding conrods,piston, clutch etc that im gonna put in the Engine
      Sounds like your very busy but i'm still looking forward to some nice URS6 updates.

96 URS6 plus speck saloon
      96 URS6 plus speck estate
      94 2.6 80 Avant
      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• Forgot to update this thread, but Albert FARB mod installed along with H&R 29800 springs and the swaybar bushings from Albert aswell.

Now I like the stance, and the springs are alot harder than the soggy eibach crap

Perhaps i get some time for the Albert turbo and injectorchange along with a remap.
        Have got hold of a 7A head and a 2,5 block so perhaps in The near future there will be a proper motor to go with the car
        2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• hehe just ordered the same rims) bbs black 18*8J ?
          Looking sick on a black car!!!!
          Audi S6 C4 2.2T Quattro 1997, full rebuild....
          Audi A5 Sportback V6 2.7 TDI 2011
          Volkswagen Phaeton V6 3.0 TDI 2009

Comment

• Hey, it looks very nice! I hope you got to the point you wanted. I am going to replace my Eibach springs with H&R also. How do you like the H&R ones so far? Are they acceptable of really harsh as most people say? Keep up the good work!
            UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

• Spyform:

I see, but mine is actual 19" and they where silver and I repainted the center to a Skyline R32 gun metal grey so they are not black as the OEM paint is not that black (Vulcano black pearl)

Wug: thanks m8, In my opinon they are great, Eibach was to soggy for me, H&R feels like oem sport spring as far I can remember, maybe a little harder but nothing that I can complain about.
              2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• I have to say now when Ive got around 700km behind the Wheels this summer after fixing all the hickups i´m very pleased, the chassie feels really tight and along with Alberts bushing, Thuppus aluminium bushings and Bambridge delring bushings along with oem bushings (kind a hard to Think out where you should but soft/hard/harder and hardest bushing into the chassie to get the optimal feel and lowest noise) it feels Lovely, just some Power missing and hopefully i will get some spare time to install the new turbo and injectors. The house is getting along really good, have done alot to the main house (to long to list but plumbing, windows, kitchen, flooring, wall paper etc.) Have also changed the drain in the garage and done some Concrete work, just painting it with 2k polyurethan Concrete paint and the audi can get a new home...
                2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• How is the noise and vibrationa with Thappus front solid subframe bushes?
                  '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                  '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                  '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Cant say i have heard a bit, with this setup and eibach its no noise at all, with H&R springs it feels harder all over but it doesent sit on its tail anymore on acceleration and the noise you can hear is hardly noticeable. And I dont like noicy car a bit
                    2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• Thanks. I've been going between poly or solid in my head but I think I'll go for solid after all with poly in control arms and arb with stock springs and b6 shocks.
                      '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                      '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                      '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Now I like the stance, and the springs are alot harder than the soggy eibach crap

Perhaps i get some time for the Albert turbo and injectorchange along with a remap.
                        Have got hold of a 7A head and a 2,5 block so perhaps in The near future there will be a proper motor to go with the car

Looking superb Wrath,any more pics of this beauty?
                        94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• Not for the moment, but I can fix to bad I havent polished it for 4 years, like a Swedish saying "shoemakers child"
                          Have worked with vehiclepainting / detailing and havent got around to do it more often, lol
                          2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

Not for the moment, but I can fix to bad I havent polished it for 4 years, like a Swedish saying "shoemakers child"
                            Have worked with vehiclepainting / detailing and havent got around to do it more often, lol
                            Ha, Lol i can understand that.My wifes a hairdresser and can i get my hair cut? No

When you get a chance to give her a detail and some pics will be great to see.
                            94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                              Ha, Lol i can understand that.My wifes a hairdresser and can i get my hair cut? No

When you get a chance to give her a detail and some pics will be great to see.

Got a chance to get it mild polished as I don´t really have the time was on a local car meet last weeekend... all the cool cars where on the otherside
                              2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)

Comment

• Like like ! Looks really nice and sits well on these wheels. Nice stance you got there!

Sent from iPad
                                UrS4 "PK Motorsport"

Comment

Working...
                                X