No announcement yet.

The S2 is dead, long live the S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did you end up getting a radiator from?

Comment

• Originally posted by twoqu View Post
      Is there going to be much headroom above RS2 spec with that turbo to make a tune worthwhile?
      It was effectively Nothelle's version of the RS2 turbo but using less desirable cheaper components.
      I wouldn't bother with a custom map unless you are going to add WMI.
      RS2 setup with good "off the shelf" software is hard to best, the billet variants are yet to prove their worth IMHO
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Vidar skotheim does them think he is on here or the Facebook page

Comment

• The turbo is hybrid and the ecu is rs2 with unknown map, feels fantastic but last thing I want to do is melt my pistons, quick run last night spools up insanely fast to 1.7 bar, it's a different car now completely☺️

Comment

• That's my old turbo, as has been mentioned it won't make any more BHP than a full K24 7200 but it does spool up much earlier, so much so I was experiencing surge coming onto boost under certain conditions with the RS2+ software I first had installed in my 3B. So a custom map would see benefits at the bottom end and to the mid range.

On WOT it felt very similar to the RS2 turbo I'm now running, not quite as much outright grunt but not a huge difference and gave much the same AFR's and EGT's.

That said it could be fine with the software your using, guess you could put it on a dyno and see what the AFR's and EGT's are like and what sort or torque curve you get and if all seems well leave it alone.

Nice to see someone making good use of it. But as I said in my PM I'd be wary without AFR or EGT data.

The difference in performance over a stock K24 is quite considerable, as you mentioned the acceleration is much like riding a sports bike.
            1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
            1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
            1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
            1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• Look what just arrived in the post
              Attached Files

Comment

• Nice, who did you get them from in the end?
                Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Vidar Skothiem Norway

Comment

• Finally fitted but nothing like a straight swap, lots of cutting drilling and fiddlingVery nice rad though. Oh and watch out for import tax not made clear at the start so got a shock with the extra ÂŁ90 for both rads
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Where did you have to make the adjustments to get it to fit?
                      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• The side mount should of been welded at the back of the rad so had to cut a slot in the car, and had to drill all the holes for the fan and cut bits off ally brackets off the rad that were not going to be used as they where getting in the way bit of a pain but not to bad

Comment

• Some tweaking involved then, like you say it's not that bad. Guess it's to make it mor usable on other models yoo
                          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• So excited i could do a back flip, maybe not, anyhoo car booked in with Mark Automark next Monday for live map and fettling. Will post results and exciting clips next week sometime, fingers crossed the figures look as good as she is feeling cause she feels ggoooooooooooooodd right now so imagine that will only get better

Comment

• Looking forward to seeing the results buddy after all your hard work

Gav
                              S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

• cheers bro just started miss firing after I posted thatNew plugs going in tonight

Comment

Working...
                                X