Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
    Some work done there
    Out of interest, ow did then repair the sill? Cut out the offending section or did they manage to pull it out?
    drilled and attached a plate pulled most of it out then filled last few mm nice job

Comment

Originally posted by TimE-J View Post
      Looks great, much left on the to do list?
      It's growing all the time. braided brake lines and new fluid, carpet, replace wood trim. chip it, new front tyres, re track it, Love this car

Comment

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
        Looks good bud but needs a dose of the lowering stick a bit... not much, but subtly down would look great!
        Lowered it last year, put standard springs back on with Billy B6's hated bottoming out over every little bump and speed bumps, pot holes forget it, if I could drop an inch I might but most kits drop it to low

Comment

How low did you go previously? I run 30-35mm drop on my avant and it looks just right and doesn't bottom out

Comment

Awesome, much shineyness!
            Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
              How low did you go previously? I run 30-35mm drop on my avant and it looks just right and doesn't bottom out
              Think it was 40mm

Comment

Well after holding my breath all weekend thinking the head gasket might be knacked I am now breathing again Turned out to be header tank and cap, sensor in header tank was faulty so kept showing the water warning light and soon as pressure built up in cooling system it was chucking it all out on the floor, very scary timesThank f*** it was only that, think that might have pushed me over the edge.

Next thing is the fan is not kicking in when up to temp, anyone know which relay it is?

Comment

Fan now kicking in knacked relay, just mfts now to get rid of the dash warning and have the temp reading correct
                  http://s1352.photobucket.com/user/ni...426ac.mp4.html

Comment

Try tapping the mfts sensor with a long socket bar or similar, it sometimes works.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                    sigpic

Comment

Tried it no go, is there moving parts inside that get stuck then?

Comment

OK running nice when cold, at running temp it starts the old boost cut trick and when hot starts to misfire and doesn't idle just cuts out

Any ideas?

All warning lights, temps pressures are fine

Comment

Quick update on progress, after changing the MFTS twice that side of tings is OK, no misfire after running hot for a while so that's good.

Had to change the turbo, no idea what happened but previous one developed about 4mm of play on the shaft which made things quite noisy and interesting.

So been running her steadily quicker and longer, went out for a couple of hours Saturday night round the local country lanes didn't push her past 5000 rpm and only up to 120mph but she is starting to feel settled in at last.

Still driving like a paranoid maniac waiting for the next weird noise to upset me but that's half the fun. Try get some vids and pics tpo upload soon

Comment

Few pics of her after cleaning at the weekend
                            Attached Files

Comment

Fitted the carpet yet ?

Comment

Not yet mate, on closer look not sure if it's worth swapping mine is worn through near the clutch pedal but rest is fine might just repair it and sell other one on

Comment

Working...
                                X