No announcement yet.

1981 UrQuattro story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This can be misleading, the ecu stops telling the coil to spark if it doesnt receive the correct signals. Apologies formy vagueness, its been a while since I had this issue, ill wrack my brain and get back to you.

Comment

http://www.isham-research.co.uk/quat.../mac01pin.html
      test info courtesy Of Phil

Comment

i had a mate with an early UR like yours and to start it, the car had a switch fitted leading to the middle terminal on the distributor.

knowing what i do now its obviously the signal wire and would start when the switch was flicked on and off a few times!

you need to check with voltmeter or oscilloscope the feed to the hall, then from hall sensor to ECU,

i should be able to get you a wiring diagram from my KTS,

Sean.
        1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
        1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
        BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

pretty much everything is listed in what the chap above me posted!

no other info needed

Comment

Agree with the above, some good info has been posted rok, be wise to check this first.

Comment

184 - Three-point seat belt for the front seat
              186 - Three-point automatic safety belts, rear left and right
              425 - Wiping system for rear view
              430 - Windshield laminated glass, green
              560 - Steel sunroof with manual operation
              568 - Tinted green glasses ?
              571 - Rear fog lamp
              998 - Electric mirrors

I hope, I'm right

Comment

Check your timing marks are aligned, the "0" stamped on flywheel in bell housing window should be half visible when the rotor arm mark is level with disi mark.

Comment

With a ur you have to diagnose not guess,it could be a number of issues,follow the test procedure on phils site,they are the best info you will get,Phil certainly knew his stuff,check and check again or you will go round in circles and spend unnecessary money

Comment

PERFECT advice, dont just guess!

proper diagnosis, like i do every day for work, brings you straight to the point very quickly!

especially the way the site above guides you and holds your hand

Comment

just I said to you.. MOTRONIC will solve that problem in 2 sec.

Comment

i have modified loom from my AAN powered A4 with every sensor lying here also.....................

Comment

this car I saw before 3 years in Ljubljana and it has same problem like today.
                          the guy who try to fix it is smart and know lot about audis. believe me , he already try all that things and check all that parts. there is some problem, it must be , but to find where it is or there is a several of problems you will spend too much time and money.
                          if you start it, car will be good at idle, but it will run badly. this K-Jet is rubbish because they visit all "mehanic" in country, and they done big NOTHING !
                          100€ you will spend on fuel to try start them, you will kill some battery.
                          this cars is bad because it was driven on dirty ex YU fuel which has too much sulfur, and people from western Europe newer had some problem with cars like we had.
                          make your self a favor and convert this engine from K-Jet to Motronic. this is only and reasonable step further to make that car work good.
                          can you imagine how much fuel they spend on trying to start the car? where is that fuel ? they are in oil pan mixed with oil, and if you start it how long will go this engine? not so long.
                          if you change the oil, you will knot fix situation because fuel already wash the bearings.
                          in Croatia was many people who want to fix his K-Jet engines at my place, I said: go in Germany buy same car with same engine and we will fix it.

Comment

If there is a sensor issue the ecu only allows the engine to spark once!and only on number 1 cylinder.,if there's fuel in the oil then that goes back to what I said originally,k let needs adjusting properly
                            If the test procedure was done correctly,then you would have found the fault

Comment

that was my speculation about fuel in oil pan. it not mean that fuel is 100% there. but it could be , because I saw that car at September 2010. it has same issue and they where newer fixed.
                              I also suggest to Rok , to find MC engine and to put motronic ignition on it. this is much better solution than this old K-Jet !
                              isn't it ?

Comment

I bet its the plunger in middle of the fuel distributor head. They always stick after along lay up. Carb cleaner it once apart.
                                If it is this the oil will be full of fuel.

HTH
                                Rob..
                                94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
                                87 UR 20v ABY
                                97 S6 Avant
                                96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
                                1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

Working...
                                X