Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pin on flywhell is ON, we checked

Also the runed a few times for a few seconds

once it runed very niced, we rewwed it to 4500prm, but then it has just died

fuel pump was ful of rust, now we will clean that and see what hapens
    S2 limo

Comment

Originally posted by Nace20 View Post
      fuel pump was ful of rust, now we will clean that and see what hapens
      That definately won't help and will need sorting asap. Should also be a pre filter from the tank to pump that gets clogged. Do you know if anyone's checked the fuel in the tank and if it still comes out looking ok and not full of rust etc?

Comment

the fuel pump was not that bad...

im a little ill ATM, will wash the tank this weekend. will try to start it again from a fuel canister...
        Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Oh I wish I could make myself such a nice birthday present some time.

Well good luck with it and I hope you get it running some time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
            That definately won't help and will need sorting asap. Should also be a pre filter from the tank to pump that gets clogged. Do you know if anyone's checked the fuel in the tank and if it still comes out looking ok and not full of rust etc?
            i drained the fuel tank, and will remove it from the car and wash it.

i hope the injectors are not clogged too...
            Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Originally posted by adam g View Post
              Check your timing marks are aligned, the "0" stamped on flywheel in bell housing window should be half visible when the rotor arm mark is level with disi mark.
              i dont have an 0 marked there but just an I, maybe the flywheel was changed?
              Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Originally posted by GT500 View Post
                I bet its the plunger in middle of the fuel distributor head. They always stick after along lay up. Carb cleaner it once apart.
                If it is this the oil will be full of fuel.

HTH
                yes there was fuel in the oil, we drained it and used new oil before anything else.

we will perform the diagnosis procedure this weekend.

tnx everyone!

RS200: if everything fails than yes, getting rid of the k-jet will be the next mission, but starting it where everybody else failed is a challenge we want to face
                Audi Quattro WR

Comment

and BTW, it started a couple of times, but it died after a few seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=LVQe_PIXTkc

im confident that with changing the distributor and cleaning the fuel rail will solve the case
                  Audi Quattro WR

Comment

when the fuel pump on my 90q was clogged up with crap it also ran for a few seconds then died, about 10 times. the same as an immobiliser problem on a newer car.. new pump solved my issues.

Comment

When the fuel pump is replaced, obviously replace the fuel filter, blow the fuel lines through from the tank, when you have it out cleaning it, up to the metering head.

My recollection with fuel metering distributor is that there was pre delivery inspection" gauze insert to act as a "filter" to catch any debris in the fuel system before it gets to the fine tolerances of the metering head. It may be that this gauze insert was never taken out? Slim chance but just to check everything.

Also as GT500 says check the metering head, or swop in a borrowed working metering head to benchmark yours, same with the injectors, also maybe buy five rubber seals for the injectors. They're inexpensive.

If it is K-Jetronic like an Mk 1 8v Golf GTI, you should also check the small rectangular "box" that controls the fuel pressure for the car. As well as the small circular unit that has a two wire electrical plug on it and a air hose on the other side that conrols the "choke" function of the K-Jetronic. Sorry I don't recall the proper names or have photos of the parts I am referring to.

If all that fails then you'll need to start on all of the electrics that relate to the K-Jetronic.

Not sure of this, but maybe the UK based Mk 1 Golf owners club web site has some good info about problem solving and testing of K-Jetronic.

Keep us all posted of you endeavours.

Hope some of the above is helpful.

Best wishes.

Comment

Are these engines fitted with the cold start injector ?
                        1991 S2 3B Coupe, KW v1, solid sub frames, poly bushed, chipped, about 260 ish

Comment

Originally posted by stocious View Post
                          Are these engines fitted with the cold start injector ?
                          Good spot.

If they're similar to a Mk 1 Golf GTI, then yes, so another item to add to the list for Skull to check.

No better man.

Comment

People wire cold start inj to throttle switch on na k jets for more fuel at WOT, can't speak for 10vt ! Pop it off and see what it's doing, could be stuck open with rust being present and it only being used for initial startup

Comment

The cold start injector will not prevent cold starting... In the UK the cars tend to run better with it disconnected, this prevents flooding at our generally 'mediocre ' temperatures... It needs 'proper' cold (eg - freezing-to-death) before the cold start injector allows the car to 'fire' quicker.
                              85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
                              93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post
                                The cold start injector will not prevent cold starting... In the UK the cars tend to run better with it disconnected, as it prevents flooding at our generally 'mediocre ' temperatures... It needs 'proper' cold (eg - freezing-to-death) before the cold start injector allows the car to 'fire' quicker.
                                Fair play, it was flooding I meant, with the possibility of the injector being the culprit, still worth a looksie as its easy . Good info aswell

Comment

Working...
                                X