No announcement yet.

1981 UrQuattro story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check static timing and wiring to hall sensor.

Looks like a really nice car. 81 or 82 at a guess.
    Last edited by newsh; 11 February 2013, 20:22.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chezz View Post
      100% sure....do you understand the question fully? read again I think there is a misunderstanding occuring here
      The place you insert tke 3mm key should be blocked for stopping something to get inthere.But not for pressure loss.There is no pressure there.Is this what was ment to ask?

Comment

Originally posted by 5alive View Post
        that should connect to the underside of the plennum,feel underneath and you should find the connection.The correct part to join these two ports looks like a small rubber hose about 10cm long but it actually contains a restrictor/valve so you need to get the part.Even if you fix all the other problems the engine will not run propery without this.
        The only connection that could be used is under the 6th injector, but it is blocked by a factory cap.

the head might be not original, the engine block is from a KG engine. maybe the WR engine doesn`t need this?
        Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
          Check static timing and wiring to hall sensor.
          Looks like a really nice car. 81 or 82 at a guess.
          the hall sensor is new as i bought a brand new distributor. but yes, the wiring could be faulty...

the car was made in june 1981
          Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Originally posted by pasbogdan View Post
            The place you insert tke 3mm key should be blocked for stopping something to get inthere.But not for pressure loss.There is no pressure there.Is this what was ment to ask?
            not pressure, but vacuum.

not sure that lifts the K-jet plate, should be the suction generated by the engine at idle?
            Audi Quattro WR

Comment

No vacuum at that side.Only at cone/plate.Only dirt not getting there can be stoped by a cap.

Comment

[QUOTE=Sküll;704784]now a fun part...

there is a pipe that has to find its place:

Block it.
                Black S2 Avant
                sigpic

Comment

You're looking in the wrong place,it connects to the plennum directly opposite the port in the head via the pipe/restrictor.You might need to remove the inlet manifold to find it,you need to anyway to fit the pipe.

Comment

maybe i cant find it because i dont know what a plennum is

do you have a pic or can explain it in other words?

sorry
                    Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Originally posted by chezz View Post
                      Yes
                      Need to correct your comment, no, the hole for the allen key adjustment of the mixture on the metering head does not need to be blocked to seal it, but there is a factory "plug" that came originally in place when the car left the factory. Can't remember what it looks like. The "plug" is to keep dirt out, rather than make a seal.

As mentioned, before one posts factual replies, one should be sure of what they are posting, as no one wants to lower the credibility rating of the informative posts on this forum.

For reference, please see the manual posted by turbofan in post # 59 above, in the section 12 - Bosch K-jetronic injection, the issue of the adjustment "hole" is covered in page 25-11, which is the middle page of the last three pages on the right hand side of this section.

Hope this clarifies this small point, if not the overall original query.

Comment

I can't remember what holds the plate level on cranking. If you are stuck I do have the complete assembly plenum air box arm and metering head and injectors with less than 3k on them which I would sell if pushed....

Comment

Originally posted by turbofan View Post
                          Maybe this can help you.
                          http://www.t85q.com/WR_MB_Manual.html
                          nice!

thank you so much!
                          Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Originally posted by DJones View Post
                            I can't remember what holds the plate level on cranking. If you are stuck I do have the complete assembly plenum air box arm and metering head and injectors with less than 3k on them which I would sell if pushed....
                            tnx for the offer!

if this engine fails to work as it should, i think i will turn to EFI
                            Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Originally posted by Sküll View Post
                              not pressure, but vacuum.

not sure that lifts the K-jet plate, should be the suction generated by the engine at idle?
                              If you grab the securing nut for the metering plate gently, is there slight free play from it sitting fully down to when you lift it and feel resistance from the metering pin, ?
                              1991 S2 3B Coupe, KW v1, solid sub frames, poly bushed, chipped, about 260 ish

Comment

The plennum is the large top part of the inlet manifold in your pic.It's a staight pipe about 10cm long connected to the head with the other end under the plennum.The WR & MB engines need to be airtight with all the hoses/pipes good and fitted correctly or the engine wont run well.I used to have an MB and the engine wouldn't idle if I pulled the dipstick out. I had the head off and that's when I could see the pipe between the head and plennum.Hope that's a bit clearer.

Comment

Working...
                                X