No announcement yet.

Audi quattro S1 E2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great work mate, I like very much the jig and custom posts, looks strong and it's very important to have a good aligment, will you do the same good work as in the other project??or maybe better...the level is high

one question, what you will use to paste the roof with the body??maybe a little metal pieces welded on the body to put over there a special glue...I can wait

Comment

Originally posted by A1quattro View Post
      you are the QUATTRO MAN , we can only dream of your garage ,your skills and perfection . great job , do you want to do my next lwb rally shell [for me] ive had it for 4 years never seem to find the timie or money , probley only take you 2 weeks to make a A1 rep
      Cant see what would take the time when it doesn't even need shortened!

Comment

Originally posted by Simons View Post
        Great work mate, I like very much the jig and custom posts, looks strong and it's very important to have a good aligment, will you do the same good work as in the other project??or maybe better...the level is high

one question, what you will use to paste the roof with the body??maybe a little metal pieces welded on the body to put over there a special glue...I can wait
        You are always learning so I would like to think the new shell will be far better than the first one.

Roof will be bonded and riveted on, wont happen for a good while until the cage is done.

Comment

Nice to hear, I will learn more

ok, to weld properly and easy the top of the cage I think...do you make the same cage that in the other, or another one upgraded??or I need to wait

Comment

Cage will have a lot more bars in it and will be more of a spaceframe.

Comment

All bars with the same section?

Spaceframe sounds like segurity in my head, how many whp will have??

Comment

Core of the cage will be 45 x 2.5 and the rest will be 40 x 2mm. That's what the MSA blue book states so if its going to be used in competition then that's what it must be!

Comment

Originally posted by G60Rallye View Post
                  Core of the cage will be 45 x 2.5 and the rest will be 40 x 2mm. That's what the MSA blue book states so if its going to be used in competition then that's what it must be!
                  What pipe material? Any specification? Just seamless or something more specific?
                  Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

It will be T45 grade as per modern WRC cages.

Comment

Sounds good, we will see your good job

Comment

I have been cracking on with some more work on the car lately.

Got the last of the jig made up. Front turrets bars are now done with the same process as the rears.

I also tied up the rear panel so it can be replaced with the new carbon/ kevlar one, thanks to Andy Krinks for the rear panel.

Next up was a little work on the lathe. Top mounts for the rear turrets machined from billet. They raise the mounting point 40mm and give a flat top for using proper camber adjustable mounts. They are 3mm thick so I can weld direct to them as per the MSA regs.

Then I machined up the required 40mm spacers which locate onto the jig struts and chopped off the original mounts.

A little bit of welding and grinding and the top was done, the strut require slight massaging to get it round for the top mount.

Hoping to get a little work done over the Christmas break. Getting the scuttle/ A pillars welded back into place is the next job. Then I will move onto the rear panel and getting the roof into its proper position.
                        Last edited by G60Rallye; 24 December 2013, 21:05.

Comment

Excellent workmanship as we are accustomed to on your projects Hamish
                          Are you planning the same to increase the suspension travel for the front strut towers and what are you planning in terms of top-mounts on the front?
                          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I will be putting the fronts as high as they will go under the bonnet skin. I think I might struggle to get an extra 40mm even with the S1 E2 bonnet bulge but we will see. I will be fabricating the fronts so they follow the same shape as the inner arches I don't like them with a machined piece welded on, a little OCD but hey! I will be having them back to the plate that's at the back of the inner arch so it can run some good caster. Top mounts can be anything off the self with a flat plate to bolt to, I have been eying up the ones that Gaz do.

Comment

raising the front towers has more to do with the type of strut top and if your using remote canisters with hoses out the top, this will limit the height of your top but iam sure your allready onto that,
                              looks awesome so far
                              thanks
                              mal

Comment

Nice work, great to see this one, good to see I'm not the only one who gets the "must improve" bug!! Will be watching keenly!!

Comment

Working...
                                X