Got the intercooler mounts mocked up, should work well:

Plenty of room

behind S2 bumper:

Actual bumper going on the car:

Comment

Another piece to the puzzle

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
        I think the one that you have labelled with the red "X" is an alignment dowel and was never intended to have a bolt through it. If you have other bolts that line up and the dowel does not line up because of the engine/trans swap, then the solution is to remove/cut-off the alignment dowel. This is common for swaps of 2.7tt 01E 6 spds into C4 UrS4/S6s.
        Thank you!
        sigpic

Comment

Got the downpipe mocked up, and a friend is doing the final welding on it

Same friend sold me an ABY Airbox which is a perfect fit. I adapted the smaller 1.8t MAF to fit the inlet and everything ties in very nicely:

Comment

Originally posted by AndyCoupe77 View Post
            I struggle to understand wiring diagrams!

How easy is it to swap a 6A/ACE 16v for a 1.8T engine in a coupe?
            No help I know, but easier to buy an S2 Coupe ?

Comment

Ruffiano,

Stupid question, but why didn't you pick up a usS4/6 instead, as it is ready made, rather than going this route with the 90 ?

Just me being curious.

Good work by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post
                Ruffiano,

Stupid question, but why didn't you pick up a usS4/6 instead, as it is ready made, rather than going this route with the 90 ?

Just me being curious.

Good work by the way.

I actually have a URS6 avant:

But the s6 doesn't have a 1.8t either.

The truth is, i like the feel of the small chassis better than the large chassis. I also like the b4 styling better. It all really comes down to preference. I have owned several UR4/6s and I've owned several b3s, and cqs. I converted my CQ to S2 spec (and then went with a big turbo), and i just enjoy the smaller chassis more. I don't really know how to describe it. I want this car to have around 300 awhp and all wheel tq when i'm done with it. I want it to be a comfortable cruiser, but also have a bit of grunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffiano View Post
                  Same friend sold me an ABY Airbox which is a perfect fit. I adapted the smaller 1.8t MAF to fit the inlet and everything ties in very nicely:

Really looks like a OEM fitment.

Like your UrS, what color is that, or is it dipped?

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                  Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                  BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                  BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
                    Really looks like a OEM fitment.

Like your UrS, what color is that, or is it dipped?

Thanks, It is dipped, anthracite grey. I had prepped the car and wetsanded it in preparation for actual paint, but my paint guy lost his shop and i needed to protect it for the winter, so i choose to use plastidip

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffiano View Post
                      I actually have a URS6 avant:

But the s6 doesn't have a 1.8t either.

The truth is, i like the feel of the small chassis better than the large chassis. I also like the B4 styling better. It all really comes down to preference. I have owned several UR4/6s and I've owned several B3s, and cqs. I converted my CQ to S2 spec (and then went with a big turbo), and i just enjoy the smaller chassis more. I don't really know how to describe it. I want this car to have around 300 awhp and all wheel tq when i'm done with it. I want it to be a comfortable cruiser, but also have a bit of grunt.
                      Thanks for reply, I know what you mean as I have both cars, B4 and C4. The C4 is more refined and more of a luxury drive, with the B4 being a bit less refined in the feel, weight, optional extras. Tend to drive the C4 slower. Must be getting older as I'm liking the C4 more now.

Comment

Getting close.

Comment

That looks excellent!

What's left to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
                            That looks excellent!

What's left to do?

just reassembly, and finishing touches! Sadly I don't have a lot of time in my life to do all this, full time job, plus wife, plus young kid means my time is very limited!

Comment

Big thanks to Nate (araipilot)! got the downpipe done and installed:

Got some of the final wiring done, hooked up an OBD2 port and kept the OBD1 ports just for kicks, hopefully this is the last time I had to pull the Fusebox:

Made an extention for the A/C Speed sensor (trying to keep A/C in this beast):

Plastidipped some badges, black on white looks good:

Hooked up a boost gauge, cut out the vent to make it work, need to run a switched dimmable power line to it so it will illuminate, it already has a red bulb inside: (also have a nice solid 20hg of vacuum while running)

Trying to figure out if i can run an early style knee parcel shelf to have a nice spot for the ECU.

Comment

I was able to take it for a drive this weekend, everything seems to be in order. pulls nicely. Needs to have the exhaust attached. I also have a small brake issue which existed prior to the swap. the booster doesnt seem to hold pressure, i have to pump it a few times before the brakes want to work... not a good thing, I'm guessing it is the booster at this point since i put in a new check valve at the time of the swap.

Comment

Working...
                                X