1995 90 quattro V6 to 1.8t Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome

have you compared the tach with vagcom? mine bounces off the limiter at 5250rpm on the gauge but vagcom says its doing 6800rpm via the ecu.. using 5cylinder clocks

Comment

Originally posted by sam80quattro View Post
      awesome

have you compared the tach with vagcom? mine bounces off the limiter at 5250rpm on the gauge but vagcom says its doing 6800rpm via the ecu.. using 5cylinder clocks
      Yes, i did a two stage test, perhaps i should do it higher. I did it at idle which was within 40rpm. and i did it at 3k rpm and it was still within about 100 rpm (it was a bit hard to tell and hold the throttle perfectly)
      Last edited by Ruffiano; 2 January 2015, 17:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffiano View Post
        I already had sourced some 1.8t engine brakets since they poped up cheap in europe:
        Originally posted by Ruffiano View Post

Engine resting on its mounts

Hi Ruffiano.
        Have you found engine brackets that fit 1.8T block and audi 80 V6 mounts bolt on? Could you please share info about those brackets? What car/engine?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by _ShurikeN View Post
          Hi Ruffiano.
          Have you found engine brackets that fit 1.8T block and audi 80 V6 mounts bolt on? Could you please share info about those brackets? What car/engine?

Thanks.
          Yes, the ADR mounts worth with an 058 1.8t engine.

Comment

Many thanks.

Comment

Tach/Cluster/Coolant temp sensor questions

Dave,
              I just had a question regarding a couple of details on your 1.8T conversion.

I am completeing a similar 1.8T conversion in a '90 Audi Coupe Quattro. I used a '93 Audi 90 V6 for a donor for a lot of the needed bits. I have both clusters (5 cyl from the coupe, 6 cyl from the 90). Which cluster did you end up using, and what did it take to get the tach to read properly? Was a tach converter needed to make it work, or would the AEB ecu drive the tach in the cluster directly?

I read that you used the ABA temp sender for the gauge. Did you use the black 4 pin sensor, and use it to signal the ECU and the temp gauge in the cluster?

Thank you for all your help. I am down to the last few details, and just want to make sure I have the correct pieces in place.

Thanks,
              Jeff Bynum
              BynumBuilds

Comment

Working...
              X