X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is an album of the car's progression:

http://imgur.com/a/6x3WD

Comment

cool. any more vids of it running? how does aeb feels on road?

Comment

Originally posted by greenone View Post
        cool. any more vids of it running? how does aeb feels on road?
        No videos at the moment. It feels great, it hits about 21 psi and holds at 18. It is quick, but lacks the torque i'm used to feeling in my S6 and other 2.2l 20vts i have owned. I'm pretty happy with how it all came together. The car feels much more nimble than it did with the 2.8l, it was certainly a big win over the previous engine.

Comment

That's nice. Just needs an S2 rear bumper now!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4688 View Post
            That's nice. Just needs an S2 rear bumper now!
            yes! I want one, but they aren't exactly easy to find in Europe, let alone in the USA...

Comment

Cool stuff Dave. What's next?

Comment

Originally posted by saltinot View Post
                Cool stuff Dave. What's next?
                Drive it out to Georgia, finish your car for you?

Are you talking about whats next for this car? or what my next car project is?

I'm interested in getting a URQ, I haven't owned one, passed a few off to friends when i should have been buying them. I think i'm at the point where i need one in my life. It will probably be a mild 20vt build, nothing extreme, 300-350 awhp. Just need to wait for that perfect donor car to come my way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffiano View Post
                  Drive it out to Georgia, finish your car for you?

Are you talking about whats next for this car? or what my next car project is?

I'm interested in getting a URQ, I haven't owned one, passed a few off to friends when i should have been buying them. I think i'm at the point where i need one in my life. It will probably be a mild 20vt build, nothing extreme, 300-350 awhp. Just need to wait for that perfect donor car to come my way.
                  Bring it on! Bring a bag on cash also please.

I gotta finish my suspension/driveshaft rebuild and diff seal replacement on my S4 so I can get it off the lift. Been there for a few months now. I'll move my RS there and start cracking on the driveline and fuel tank. You are more than welcome to come help out.

Yes, just wondering if you were done with the 90q or if you were going to do anything else to it.

Comment

Yes, just wondering if you were done with the 90q or if you were going to do anything else to it.
                    I'd love to come turn some wrenches with you! I've been traveling more for work and if i find my self in your neck of the woods, expect a message from me!

For the 90, i'll probably tint the windows, finish the big brake upgrade, get some track time in, perhaps a rear s2 bumper, and then we'll see. I already have another block and set of upgraded rods to put together a big turbo setup, but not sure how much desire i have to realize the project. The car feels pretty solid right now so time will tell.

Comment

Open invite so if you do get out this way give me a shout. I can put you up for a couple of nights at my home. Would be fun. Are you still in SLC?

Tinted windows will definitely dress it up a bit. Should look really nice with the white exterior. Bigger brakes are always key.

Comment

Open invite so if you do get out this way give me a shout. I can put you up for a couple of nights at my home. Would be fun. Are you still in SLC?

Tinted windows will definitely dress it up a bit. Should look really nice with the white exterior. Bigger brakes are always key.
                        Still in SLC, door is always open here too!

Comment

Got a chance to stretch the car's legs a bit... Went on a 6 hour (each way) trip to Las Vegas without problems. 3 days before the trip this happened:

Heatercore let go... I ordered in a new one, but when it arrived i realized they shipped the wrong one. I had to drive it down with the heatercore bypassed.

Then filling up on the way out of town this happened:

Apparently the local pump didn't have a proper auto shutoff.

But the trip went well and the car worked flawlessly!

Comment

Does look good and glad it went well. These 1.8T engines seem to be very reliable. My girlfriends golf GTI has one and its brilliant, just a shame its gotta go soon. Would love to map it and have some fun with it after her having it for 10 years....

Comment

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
                              Does look good and glad it went well. These 1.8T engines seem to be very reliable. My girlfriends golf GTI has one and its brilliant, just a shame its gotta go soon. Would love to map it and have some fun with it after her having it for 10 years....

it isn't bad, it doesn't have the torque of the 5 cylinders, but i'm happy. it has K04 Turbo which helps it a bit. Has a 3" downpipe, aftermarket exhaust and front mount intercooler.

Comment

Random updates:

Also, i had a hard time with the instrument cluster, getting the Tach to read properly, i had a member on this board send me one over that was from a 1.8, but it never quite worked for my application, and i got some spares and played around a bit and found this on the actual Tach:

notice the 4/5zyl

now the tach is reading properly

Also had the first snow of the season:
                                Last edited by Ruffiano; 2 January 2015, 17:18.

Comment

Working...
                                X