Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.vagcat.com/epc/
    Online etka
    And thanks for Nitto foam tip, the foam on mine is rotten too.
    Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

you can use shift sticks from a4/b5 a6/c4 or even a8/d2 with 5-speed gearboxes. they are all the same.
      Audi Coupé Quattro 20V

Comment

Thought I'd do an update. Plenty going on and nit enough time to post.

Finally got round to fitting my replacement aux gauges to remove the cracked oil temp gauge.

Now

Comment

I've also painted my new front bumper. I decided not to try to fit the headlight washer jets as not sure i'm up to cutting it at the moment. Anyone ever done it?

Comment

Final question for now. Does anyone know how the transponder works? I have a spare chip and want to bypass the system so my remote start works. I had a look at getting the ring off the ignition barrel but it seems pretty on there. I'm guessing the pairing is between the chip and the box not the ignition ring so can I just get another plug it in and tape chip to it and bury it in the dash somewhere?

Comment

Does anyone have a ignition read coil for my ABY?

Comment

Managed to get some extra jobs done yesterday.

Turns out that the previous owner had removed the thermostat, as I suspected. So yesterday I took out the radiator and put a new thermostat in. I also did a new oil pressure switch as previous one was leaking.

I then fitted the rad properly, as was previously just thrown in. Flushed the coolant through, new coolant in and I fitted a new rad fan switch. Quick oil change and refitted the now cleaned K&N.

I've also fitted the undertray I bought.

Sorry no pics for this one, they'd be a bit dull anyway. It's a step forward few more jobs left to do before its ready for the winter. I think with the house build progress will be slow. My aim is to keep it on the road and get lots of small jobs done before the big two, paint & engine in a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by montyrs2 View Post
                  Managed to get some extra jobs done yesterday.

Turns out that the previous owner had removed the thermostat, as I suspected. So yesterday I took out the radiator and put a new thermostat in. I also did a new oil pressure switch as previous one was leaking.

I then fitted the rad properly, as was previously just thrown in. Flushed the coolant through, new coolant in and I fitted a new rad fan switch. Quick oil change and refitted the now cleaned K&N.

I've also fitted the undertray I bought.

Sorry no pics for this one, they'd be a bit dull anyway. It's a step forward few more jobs left to do before its ready for the winter. I think with the house build progress will be slow. My aim is to keep it on the road and get lots of small jobs done before the big two, paint & engine in a couple of years.
                  Easy to write, not so easy to do! I have done both these jobs before. Well done.
                  The Perfectionist
                  sigpic
                  Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Todays progress is a new windscreen. I knew previous one wasn't great but once the side trims were removed and 12 inches of bond cut the screen came out!!!!!! It wasn't bonded in for 3/4's of the screen.

New shiny one now installed. Pilkington one too.

Had a good look around the screen whilst off, no rot, no marks, everything is perfect

One thing I did have was a shed load of black silicone under the drivers trim panel. Does anyone have one of the foam inserts?

Next up I have all new powerflex bushes for the sub frames and powerflex bushes for the wishbones. Powerflex for the rear diff mount, new ARB bushes and an Apikol snub mount. New drop links and rod ends. I have a mate who was a fabricator so rear frame getting welded up. Then all getting powder coated, with some other bits.

Once all back together it's going to get full geometry and then some matching front Michelin PS2's up front to match the rears. Should be ready for the winter. Also i'll get some Waxoyl on it and refit the exhaust with some new chain reinforced rubbers.

Wish me luck!

Comment

You're doing a great job on this car and saving another S2 from the scrappers, keep up the good work
                      1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Did you DIY the windscreen or get somebody out to do it?

Must be a relief to see its rust free.
                        Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                        Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                          Did you DIY the windscreen or get somebody out to do it?

Must be a relief to see its rust free.
                          Luckily a stone came up and broke the old one Done by Auto Windscreen. Guy was ace. Took his time, whole screen frame is fully rust treated and cleaned. Nice guy.

Comment

Originally posted by rynaqui View Post
                            You're doing a great job on this car and saving another S2 from the scrappers, keep up the good work
                            Will do

Comment

Well done mate, keep chipping away at it methodically you will have an excellent & reliable motor.
                              Great to hear there are still people out there willing to do the coupe screen job properly

Looking forward to more updates. You will be really pleased with the poly bushes - best bang-for-buck upgrade I have done on my motor
                              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

and so it begins!!!!!! Rear subframe coming off first. Ran out of light tonight.

Hopefully have the rear off tomorrow. Front should be off by the weekend so everything can go for powder coating before going back on with new poly bushes. Apikol snub mount going in too as well as new rear bumper hopefully.

Ball joints look ok, as do rear top mounts and bump stops.

Plenty to do and hope to have it back on the road in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X