No announcement yet.

S2 Coupe Rescue Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great result, what setup are you running now?
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
      Great result, what setup are you running now?
      K26/27 Turbo, Wagner Manifold and Intercooler, uprated injectors, fuel pump, 3" exhaust, Rousse Hoses and a re map.

Comment

Great result, do you have a 6 or 8 hotside?
        Greg

Comment

Great result, do you have a 6 or 8 hotside?
          It's a 6

Comment

Will look at getting the map updated on mine at some point as I think there is some room for improvement on mine with a similar setup
            Greg

Comment

Ace work

Comment

Thought it was about time for a quick update. Been a while. So after the mapping was done I had a coil pack drop out so I did a TFSi coil update with one of Alex's looms. I can only say that this was probably the easiest thing I've done on the car, plug and play job done and runs really nicely.

Next up was a new linkage for the alternator. I had almost permanent belt squeal from both the power steering and alternator. The later turned out to be the alternator dying, spotted that it was only producing 11 ish volts. When I removed it it was very notchy etc so off that went for a rebuild.

Because the Wagner intercooler is bigger, I think it will need removing to get the belts back on, easy to cut off , I'm avoiding putting new belts on for now. So I needed to clean everything up and address the very worn stock alternator adjuster. Having seen a turnbuckle solution on the forum here I asked a few questions and got the bits welded up and turned down to get to the solution in the picture above. Does make adjusting the alternator a breeze and looks a bit nicer too.

Really easy to make and in total cost me about £20 and a smile to my mate who can weld.
                Attached Files

Comment

The next part of the story is the full glass out respray. I've picked up two new wings as mine have a few dents but also some rotten bumper mounts. I have a new rear bumper for it as mine is hanging off, new brackets here and there and the car is dropped off at the bodyshop.

Due for collection at the start of June when it will get paired with its new wheels and all the body work will get coated in G Techniq Cyrstal Serum and Exo3 to keep it shiny and clean.

The final task will be to finish off the exhaust exit by setting it to the bumper cutout and making a nice cut on the exits and cleaning them all up. To start off with I will attack the stainless with wire wool for the brushed look but I may send it off for chroming in the future. Not decided yet.

I won't make the June meet on the 7th as due to pick the car up on the 9th but hopefully I will make the July meet with it all together and shiny etc.

After that I need to sort out the stereo by adding some speakers as I currently just have the dash ones working. It will still need to bits here and there on the inside, I want to upgrade to the 8 pot brembos up front, mostly just because that's what I want, the current set up is brilliant.

Hopefully once I get it back it will mostly be a case of just enjoying the car and hopefully a few shows.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Can you do a production run of these adjusters and organise a group buy please

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                      Can you do a production run of these adjusters and organise a group buy please
                      I've started another thread for this.

Comment

Great work, are the bumper mounts available from Audi direct?
                        Greg

Comment

Great work, are the bumper mounts available from Audi direct?
                          Yeah they were, although it was probably 2 years ago when I got them.

Comment

Are you doing the strip and rebuild for the respray?

If your not then I would recommend you do.

I make a big mistake letting a company do mine and well to put it bluntly they did a great paint job but lost loads of parts. When putting it back together the guy who stripped all the parts off left the company and so the guy refitting the parts it did not have a clue what was going on.

Only after I got involved with the rebuild and finding how things go back together did the job get completed correctly.

While all this was happening I ended up with a massive list of missing parts I had to find and purchase.

The biggest pain was clips for all the trims, the fender inner trim and the bottom door rubber trim.

All I have left to fix is a small door window leak and quite a bit of wind noise from the tailgate.

All of these things are fixable, don't take your eye off the ball.

Seriously good luck with the paint job.

BTW I would do it all again my paint job makes me smile every time I look at the finish.

Comment

Yup you're dead right about making sure it's done properly.

That said I do trust the body shop it's at but non the less i'll be down there to see how it is going from time to time.

Comment

Turns out the back panel was full of filler. Luckily we sourced a genuine panel from the UK. Should have been fully welded up today with the final prep for paint being done next week.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X