S2 Coupe Rescue Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Sub frame

Bit more progress over the weekend. Front subframe needs to come off again but hopefully i'll get another day on it at some point to finish it all off.

Comment

Update

Car is back on its wheels. Headlight washers are in the bumper and new jets fitted.

I'll be putting the dash clocks back in tonight with red bulb caps and a repaired temp gauge bulb.

I'm having the gear knob re trimmed too as it was all worn and peeling back.

So full geometry set up at MRC tomorrow followed by a pair of new Michelin Pilots up front to match the rears.

Lets hope it drives nicely after all this.

Comment

Dug this out and can't believe it's been 18 months since I did the subframes. So brakes are done, and turbo has now given up the game and smokes a lot.

So I've taken a deep dive and booked car into MRC in two weeks for a full RS2 plus conversion. I have a Wagner exhaust manifold and intercooler on its way from Germany, K27 hybrid on order with new injectors and 044 pump.

Only missing piece is the downpipe and link pipe which I'll make towards the end of the summer or winter.

Bodywork still needs doing to tidy it up but it's getting there. It's not missed a beat in the whole time I've owned it, should be flying in 3 weeks time.

Comment

Originally posted by montyrs2 View Post
          Update

Car is back on its wheels. Headlight washers are in the bumper and new jets fitted.

I'll be putting the dash clocks back in tonight with red bulb caps and a repaired temp gauge bulb.

I'm having the gear knob re trimmed too as it was all worn and peeling back.

So full geometry set up at MRC tomorrow followed by a pair of new Michelin Pilots up front to match the rears.

Lets hope it drives nicely after all this.
          Any photos or you fitting the headlight washers?
          Where did you source the new jets?
          1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
          2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
          2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Fantastic job,keep going

Comment

Originally posted by 4WDrifter View Post
              Any photos or you fitting the headlight washers?
              Where did you source the new jets?
              I'll dig through for a pic on fitting jet. Luckily my old bumper was totally destroyed so I cut the cutouts out to mark up new ones then I used a die grinder to make a small hole and made it slightly bigger each time before checking if washers fitted.

Got brand new jets from Audi dealer. Don't recall the part number but dug it up online and ordered them. Not pricey either.

Comment

Looks good Monty.
                B5 B6 B7 B9

Comment

Started removing the old turbo today. There certainly are plenty of tricky nuts and bolts to get to!

First issue I've spotted is that the standard exhaust manifold studs seem too long and make the Wagner unit stand off. What have you guys done to get round this? Just used a normal bolt or shorter studs?

I had two studs snap one is proud and coming out slowly with a stud extractor. The second broke sub flush so I should be able to drill and helicoil.

Next task is to get the exhaust and downpipe off and offer up the new turbo and manifold.

Comment

Comment

Use shorted studs as needed, same as RS2

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76217

I just fitted all short studs.

I heat the studs/nuts and then let them cool before removal, the expansion and contraction helps break the corrosion.
                      Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                      Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Perfect, cheers. Genuine studs or is there somewhere trusted to get them from?

Steel nuts with copper coating?

Comment

Started painting bits to tidy it all up. New Rousse motorsport pipes on their way.

Dry fitted manifold and turbo and all seems in order. Should start to build exhaust in a week or two.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Comment

From memory the turbo manifold has copper nuts that have a slot cut in the side at the top to lock them in place. Coil cover looks good in the black too. Which Koni setup did you fit, I didn't think there was a compatible strut replacement for the ABY ?
                            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Copper nuts sourced. Few more bits to get together. More painting to do also.

Polished up the 20V TURBO, very pleased with the results.

Comment

looks really good

Comment

Working...
                                X