• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy New Year - car looks amazing!
    1991 S2
    2003 RS6

Comment

• Congrats, great progress and really nice to hear the video.
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• That's one cool looking motor, gets a big from me, I like something a bit different.

What stereo head unit is that? Appears to be quite modern but also looks perfect in there, really good choice and the whole interior looks stunning.

If it was mine I'd want a either set of 16/17" BBS RS wheels on there or perhaps some five spoke Compomotive's to give it a more aggressive old school look, however that's really a personal choice and I don't dislike those at all.
        Last edited by K Simmonds; 8 January 2023, 02:24.
        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
          That's one cool looking motor, gets a big from me, I like something a bit different.

What stereo head unit is that? Appears to be quite modern but also looks perfect in there, really good choice and the whole interior looks stunning.

If it was mine I'd want a either set of 16/17" BBS RS wheels on there or perhaps some five spoke Compomotive's to give it a more aggressive old school look, however that's really a personal choice and I don't dislike those at all.
          Thanks for the good words pal!

the head unit is Porsche classic. Has all must haves, bluetooth for phone, ability to play songs wirelessly from phone, some sort of navi (backup really, using phone anyway), sounds decent and most importantly looks good.

I’d say people should consider this as a restomode project rather than restoration / replica, as it is my interpretation of a classic audi for everyday use today with motorsport pedigree (verkline sportquattro suspension with rose joints and plated diff)

The interior uses porsche 964 turbo front seats, and they are great, really comfy and supportive and look good!

Wheels are actually temporary ones! I’ve originally wanted bbs e88’s (still think they will look great and remind of Dahlback’s quattro) but these really suite the car in real live. I’m sure the wheels will change, maybe to a smaller diameter, just need to make sure the brakes will fit.

Comment

• No problem, as I said I like to see something a little different and you've done a great job of that car.

Well that head unit is really cool, as I said it looks perfect, wondered where the seats came from, again nice choice...

BBS E88's would look awesome, their super expensive though, well they are in the UK, I think 16" rims would suit it better but as you say those look fine and will certainly do the job for now. I was going to ask about brakes as they could make fitting 16's impossible, what diameter are the rotors?

Another wheel I reckon would like nice on there would be stock 3B rims with some spacers.
            1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
            1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
            1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
            1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Working...
            X