Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euge's LWB Sport Quattro

Hi all
    Been registered on here for a while reading and learning from you guys alot but feel it is time to make a thread of my build as I have a lot of questions and very few answers.

The car is a 1985 Coupe Quattro that I bought a while ago from local rally driver. Condition was not the best as the car stand still and the suspension and whole underneath was rusty.

Since I didn't have a garage, funds and enough time to start doing everything at one I had to do it in steps.

First off all I have swaped suspension from S2 and going for 5 bolts hubs

Before:

After:

The next step was to find the body panels.

The front is Carbon/Kevlar from Mr. Koraszeswki

The rear quarter panels and rear bumper were ordered at Quattro-Rallye-Teile as Mr. Koraszewski didn't have moulds for long version.

The body works

The next step was striping the car and sand the shell from all rust and other s**t
    Attached Files

Comment

some parts fabrication and body strengthening
      Attached Files

Comment

Wide tunnel to allow for gearbox and the exhaust.
        Attached Files

Comment

Engine bay

AAN Engine in and few shots of downpipe.
          Attached Files

Comment

current state

That is how it looks now.

The engine is lifted because the oilpan needs modification to allow clearance for the bottom cross-bar.

Now the questions that I have currently:

1. I am doing 6 speed swap using CBL box from UrS4 what gearbox mounts do I need to use to fit the box on the subframe. Is it necessary to use 6 speed subframe?
            What is the difference between the 5 speed and 6 speed subframes?

2. There is a gap between right engine mount is approximately 30mm picture attached, any ideas what could be the problem.
            Attached Files

Comment

i have also a 6 speed cbl gearbox in my coupe quattro b2 and have made custom gearbox mounts(sie pictures).normaly you need gearbox mounts from a 6 speed s2 aby or rs2 but or hard to find. i think you can buy custom mounts from 034 motorsport
              and the gap? i put the origional engine mounts from kv engine on my AAN engine without problems
              Attached Files
              audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
              TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
              AEM W/M injection

Comment

Good work! Keep it up.
                Rob..
                94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
                87 UR 20v ABY
                97 S6 Avant
                96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
                1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

Gents need your help/advice on my dilemma - can't decide on rear diff option.
                  V8 Torsen
                  S2 Open Diff
                  Qualife or similar????

Comment

Good work mate, my vote is for torsen, cheap and works good, all depends the budget... what is your power goal??

Comment

engine hardware is build for 650+ I am hoping to run it between 450-550bhp, want to keep it drivable, not just 1/4 mile car.
                      Torsen looks the best option so far, but it will require cooling. I also heard that torsen will smash to pieces launching from stand still with LC...

Comment

I believe Torsen will blow up with that power and launches from zero km/h.

Nice build

Comment

cooling on a rear diff with a 500 hp engine
                          i think thats not necessary for a road car,even for the gearbox!
                          only when you make a lot of hard launches or track days
                          AEM W/M injection

Comment

Quattro-nick, what diff are you using?

Any feedback on qualife parts?

Comment

i drive with my origional diff from a coupe quattro b2 and 6 speed cbl(urs4) gearbox
                              i have now rs2 setup with +-350hp but i a month with a gt30 about 500hp and just wait off my diff and gearbox hold
                              but there is a other gearbox waiting(rebuild dsy gearbox)
                              so,v8 torsendiff is nice but if you have to be honest, how often do you have wheel spin on an ordinary road with quattro system?
                              still,I will have to wait and see what the 500 hp will respond to the drivetrain
                              AEM W/M injection

Comment

Working...
                              X