Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1992 AUDI S2 Project - Keep it British with a twist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You will love the ratios in the OA3, quite a bit shorter than the CGR box and very well spaced
    Strut top mounts, well I just killed a new set of Meyle HD mounts in a new record for me.... two weeks and 408 miles. Not sure what I will do about it, there are a few options. Rusty's solid items are certainly the most robust, but not sure if he's in production yet.
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
      You will love the ratios in the OA3, quite a bit shorter than the CGR box and very well spaced
      Strut top mounts, well I just killed a new set of Meyle HD mounts in a new record for me.... two weeks and 408 miles. Not sure what I will do about it, there are a few options. Rusty's solid items are certainly the most robust, but not sure if he's in production yet.
      Really don't want to go down the route of solid.
      Plasma cutting the strut tower and machining up a box (to be welded) to use a newer style strut mount is an option though?
      Issam N. Abed
      iABED Industries
      iABED Email | Facebook
      The build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard-of-OD View Post
        Really don't want to go down the route of solid.
        Plasma cutting the strut tower and machining up a box (to be welded) to use a newer style strut mount is an option though?
        Yeah for sure, I have the same reservations about solid mounts & rose joints.
        It would be a shame to go to the trouble of cutting the strut towers to use a different setup and not incorporate some additional caster angle into the modification.
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
          Yeah for sure, I have the same reservations about solid mounts & rose joints.
          It would be a shame to go to the trouble of cutting the strut towers to use a different setup and not incorporate some additional caster angle into the modification.
          Something like what Hank did:
          https://www.facebook.com/IrozMotorsp...type=3&theater

(posted the facebook link for you to make an account )
          Issam N. Abed
          iABED Industries
          iABED Email | Facebook
          The build thread

Comment

What are you doing for strut mounts? Going with camber plates ?
            I had a set of the Mance mounts but after reading reviews on them that they did nothing for ride quality I decided to sell them. The car handles and drives like a truck , I feel EVERYTHING in the road which I love
            I like the CompBrake units, nice and solid and BTDT on few cars already.
            Not to mention cheaper than the Mance units.

Loking forward to updates.

Cheers
            www.quattro.ca
            B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km
            B3/B4: 91 CQ, 93 90q 2.5TDI, 94 80q avant 2.5tdi, 94 S2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by ralleyquattro View Post
              I like the CompBrake units, nice and solid and BTDT on few cars already.
              Not to mention cheaper than the Mance units.

Loking forward to updates.

Cheers
              Thanks Martin
              Reference to the compbrake product:
              Originally posted by Compbrake
              AUDI S2, 80 ALLOY FRONT TOP MOUNTS FIXED (PAIR)

New and now fitted to over 50 Audi’s on the street and track, offering improved and enhanced performance. These where originally developed for the Audi works Racing Team and produced outstanding results. Offers complete freedom of movement and positive suspension location. Definitely a must for any cars with modified suspension, wheels and engines. These have been designed for the Competitive and Enthusiastic Driver. This is a new design offering a direct replacement bolt on unit, giving ultimate performance machined from Aerospace Specification Aluminium. This is a two piece Aluminium Billet machined Top Mount that replaces the weak version which is originally fitted. Fitted with a Goldman Race quality Bearing to withstand the pace and pressure. Aluminium Locking ring which is located underneath the bonnet. Sleeve nuts and rubber suspension comfort O-ring.
              Description fits the bill and not a bad price @ 100 GBP. Does anyone have images of the rubber suspension o-ring?

Talking with a fellow enthusiast yesterday , he asked me my thoughts on the WR Aluminum block (specifically what happened with the 1st one I had) as I was on the lookout for one to have as a display motor for my 3B/AAN/ADU products. At one point in my life I actually owned 2 of these blocks and did not think that rare since I had 2. It just so happened at the time that I was in the right place at the right time and picked up a truck full of Audi 100/5000/UR parts from a gentlemen in need of money. It was a bargain looking back at it. I still have one of them but the block will need to be repaired as a piston was melted (no problem just put in new sleeves) and the threads for the head bolts were stripped. Simple helicoil job which I will eventually have JP do once he gets back on his feet.

One of the blocks accompanied me on my return from the Caribbean to Canada where I shipped it to an individual in Portland in exchange for work. I will admit that in my late teens / early 20's I was extremely naive and trusted people at face value. Shipped out parts without payment , shipped out parts in exchange for work , etc.

Since I joined the community back in 2003 , dealing with a few members both on here & motorgeek has sort of molded the way I deal with my customers both professionally and personally. This was the original thread on MG
              http://www.motorgeek.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=137
              Which the dofus ironically shipped my calipers to Corey (so it was ****ing all around).

Reading that thread today drummed up some emotions and I edited my post on motorgeek to reflect what actually happened. It was a reminder of why it is critical to just be HONEST with community members. Keep it above board and in writing and everyone will get along just fine.

Lessons learnt which can't be taught in school.
              Issam N. Abed
              iABED Industries
              iABED Email | Facebook
              The build thread

Comment

Suspension O Ring....
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 5cylinderman View Post
                  Suspension O Ring....
                  Thank You
                  Looks very solid to me.
                  Issam N. Abed
                  iABED Industries
                  iABED Email | Facebook
                  The build thread

Comment

One of the blocks accompanied me on my return from the Caribbean to Canada where I shipped it to an individual in Portland in exchange for work. I will admit that in my late teens / early 20's I was extremely naive and trusted people at face value. Shipped out parts without payment , shipped out parts in exchange for work , etc.
                    Portland you say huh must be something in the water there then

Comment

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
                      Portland you say huh must be something in the water there then

OCTOBER 7TH 2014:
                      My machinist had to leave work early tonight so decided to close the office @ 5.30 , turn off the phones and work the grave yard shift infront the CNC. Made a list of everything that needs attention in the S2 while the machine was running.
                      • Bulbs in both Passenger side & Driver side switches are blown
                      • Bulbs in rear view mirror adjuster is blown
                      • Oil pressure & Oil Temperature guage does not light up
                      • Rev counter white backing is flaking off
                      • Fog light switch is on in the cabin but fog lights don't work
                      • Right front indicator in the bumper does not come on. No power / signal to the connector
                      • Right window does not seal completely

So mostly teething issues that will require love once the dis assembly happens and most of maintenance parts I will acquire from Rusty and other S2forum members.
                      One thing I am looking for is a brand new / or used good lock system. I have 3 keys ....
                      1 for the trunk , 1 for the ignition and 1 for the door which has become a little annoying.
                      Issam N. Abed
                      iABED Industries
                      iABED Email | Facebook
                      The build thread

Comment

Portland where? there are MANY Portlands in the USA.

but yeah, it would appear as though growth is something we ALL do over time, with repect to dealing with others, the public, etc.

and FWIW the Compbrake units are good, and EASY to take out. really easy.

Comment

besides the ugly wheels that make the car look like a wagon or a roller skate, (remember i dont sugar coat things) you need to fix that wheel location in the rear arch, buddy. too far forward.

Comment

Originally posted by speeding-g60 View Post
                            Portland where? there are MANY Portlands in the USA.
                            Oregon

Comment

Issam, who/where in Portland?

Comment

Issam, who/where in Portland?
                                billzcat1.
                                besides the ugly wheels that make the car look like a wagon or a roller skate, (remember i dont sugar coat things) you need to fix that wheel location in the rear arch, buddy. too far forward.

You are one of the few guys in the northwest USA I actually still love
                                Will tackle the suspension this winter when I install the KW's and subsequent other bits and with the drop it and stiffening the rear it will align.
                                Issam N. Abed
                                iABED Industries
                                iABED Email | Facebook
                                The build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X