Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1992 AUDI S2 Project - Keep it British with a twist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
    What a nightmare! Glad you finally got the car and it's getting some TLC
    Some much needed TLC. I realized this morning after reading my rant that I forgot a few bits of the story and some sentence structure was needed. As of today was has happened in the past will stay there.

June 30th 2014:
    Due to tomorrow being Canada day (Canadian independance) most of the local businesses are closed. Perfect opportunity for me to get a plan of action going for the S2.

This is the current plan:
    - Source a new or CLEAN K-frame for front and rear
    - Order new control arm bushings , sway bar end links and tie rod ends
    - Media blast front and rear control arms
    - Media blast front and rear spindles
    - Powder coat all components black.
    - Upgrade rears to Brembo 4 pot + Audi R8 handbrake caliper
    - Upgrade fronts to Brembo 6 pot
    - Source 01E transmission brackets
    - Install B5 Audi S4 01E Gearbox
    - Install matching rear differential
    - Source caps/axles
    - Install KW V3 coil overs (purchased allready)
    - Install BBS E50 wheels rebuilt into w/ Michelin 245/35/ZR18 Pilot sports

Does anyone in the UK have a source for a new or CLEAN front and rear K-frame? I am going to be blasting it and seem welding it anyway but just thought I would ask here first before ordering them from the dealer.
    Issam N. Abed
    iABED Industries
    iABED Email | Facebook
    The build thread

Comment

K-frame?

Comment

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
        K-frame?
        Subframe.
        Issam N. Abed
        iABED Industries
        iABED Email | Facebook
        The build thread

Comment

Issam all you need is a US Spec front subframe. Looking at the car it appears to be a 3b model, so all you need is a b3 or a CQ front subframe, they are plentiful here in North america.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffiano View Post
            Issam all you need is a US Spec front subframe. Looking at the car it appears to be a 3b model, so all you need is a b3 or a CQ front subframe, they are plentiful here in North america.
            Yes the CQ ones are the same. I have a few of those but they have seen one too many Canadian winters and are rotten. If I could find one from a southern state (California , Texas , etc) it would be perfect but so far no luck.
            Issam N. Abed
            iABED Industries
            iABED Email | Facebook
            The build thread

Comment

What a mare but as you said, what is in the past stays there... move the project forward and enjoy every step.

Why in gods name did you not keep the wheels, there would have been no way in hell that I would have given the seller anything after all the hassle but I am sure god shines down on the righteous? Probably why it is always cloudy near me hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by restricted View Post
                Why in gods name did you not keep the wheels, there would have been no way in hell that I would have given the seller anything after all the hassle but I am sure god shines down on the righteous? Probably why it is always cloudy near me hahaha
                To be fair to Will , he had no way of contacting me as I was out of the country on the Monday and he took the sellers statement as face value. The seller was NOT authorized to touch the car until the payment made to his partner was returned to me. It was my only form of security and as usual he took advantage of it lieing to Will stating that it was "my fault" the vehicle was kept at his Keele location

...yes it is my fault that a vehicle I paid for is in your possession because you are "too busy" to arrange a time for me to retrieve what is mine. GTFO....
                What is even more funny is I have been receiving threatening text messages for my story on Page 1 stating that if it is not removed legal consequences will ensue due to my report to OMVIC this morning. What the seller does not realize is this is not my first rodeo. If I did anything close like this to any of my customers , I would expect my business to be shut down . All he had to do was say/do the following:
                - Issam - here are the refunds for the lien's placed on the vehicle
                - Issam - The gearbox is screwed. I can offer to pay for your time to remove the gearbox (since I was going to remove it anyway).
                - Issam - My life is crap , so I am extremely sorry for the hassle this has caused you.

None of that was ever done.He is the past , his actions are the past and I don't expect to get any form of retribution for my ordeal.

on the bright side , I have a lead on a NOS K-frame for both the front and the rear and some good members here have sent me PM's with what they have to offer.
                Issam N. Abed
                iABED Industries
                iABED Email | Facebook
                The build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard-of-OD View Post

The bolt pattern on the bell housing will fit on the 07K block and the transmission tunnel is wide enough for it so we will see how it goes.

01E for now as a quick fix so I can actually enjoy the car for the summer before the real rebuild begins.
                  The 0B4 transmission is totally different to previous quattro boxes, the front diff is offset forwards around 100mm using an external transfer shaft. The benefit is you can move the engine back around 100mm. Trouble is there is no room to do it in our B3/B4 chassis cars due to the bulkhead and steering rack placement. So you would need MAJOR surgery to fit it.
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Wow what a story... I could feel my blood pressure going up as I was reading
                    Glad you have it, and as you say .. sometimes logic goes out the window with these cars, but by the time you realise it you are in too deep lol
                    Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                      The 0B4 transmission is totally different to previous quattro boxes, the front diff is offset forwards around 100mm using an external transfer shaft. The benefit is you can move the engine back around 100mm. Trouble is there is no room to do it in our B3/B4 chassis cars due to the bulkhead and steering rack placement. So you would need MAJOR surgery to fit it.
                      I have one siting beside me in the garage, first thing would be the adapter not a straight fit, next the flywheel is located behind the left hand output shaft, that would need further spacing aft not sure about that, also the front left hand output shaft does not look very strong

I am also wondering about the strength of this box also over the proven...
                      RS 2 580HP

Comment

Some fitting pics and info here - bulkhead & tunnel cut. The 0B4 is massive!
                        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by irishs2 View Post
                          by the time you realise it you are in too deep lol
                          ...too deep
                          Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                          I first came along the idea of the OB4 into a B2/B3/B4 chassis from reading this thread:
                          http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52932
                          http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-tech...y-302-a-3.html
                          I have a weaker version from a B8 A4 that I got for comparison purposes. Bare in mind I am not using the 3B motor but rather an 07K based motor.

Originally posted by jade View Post
                          I am also wondering about the strength of this box also over the proven...
                          The B8 RS5 unit is rated @ 550Nm of torque and if we know anything about Audi gearboxes , this will support 1000+Nm of torque but my goal is to have 600Nm max , nothing more.
                          Issam N. Abed
                          iABED Industries
                          iABED Email | Facebook
                          The build thread

Comment

A 5 speed subframe is different from a 6 speed subframe

Comment

Originally posted by david1980 View Post
                              A 5 speed subframe is different from a 6 speed subframe
                              As of tonight I have access to a new V6 Cabrio unit and an excellent condition B3 Coupe Quattro unit. Hunting for subframes makes you wonder why no one in the community ever attempted to make a tubular replacement...

to do list:
                              - make tubular subframe.
                              Issam N. Abed
                              iABED Industries
                              iABED Email | Facebook
                              The build thread

Comment

You can fit a 6 speed with a 5 speed subframe with just a spacer to support the box and a longer bolt.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X