Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1992 AUDI S2 Project - Keep it British with a twist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to place an order tomorrow for (4) Compbrake units. Anyone in North America interested to save on shipping?

As usual could never leave good enough alone. Swapped in a MTM ECU I had and took it out for a spirited drive last night.
    - Get in, brakes feel a little off , start it and the Brake Pad light comes in. Turn off ignition turn it back on . Light goes away
    - Pull onto the highway and engine won't go above 4000 rpm's. Pull over open the hood to look for a boost leak (, couldn't find anything. Turn it back on drives normal , then as I am pulling into the shop it starts acting up again.
    Could be the wastegate , could be the MAF (allthough it is brand new) or could be a torn hose somewhere.

Might be a good excuse on the tilting scale for SEM vs Motronic and the built motor.
    Issam N. Abed
    iABED Industries
    iABED Email | Facebook
    The build thread

Comment

MAF connector?

Comment

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
        MAF connector?
        Doubtful as it would be completely dead if that were the case or it would idle like garbage.
        Update : Torn "Michelin Man" hose from Samco. Makes you wonder why overpay for something when a Taiwanese version is 1/10 the cost and does the same job.
        Last edited by Wizard-of-OD; 9 October 2014, 21:39.
        Issam N. Abed
        iABED Industries
        iABED Email | Facebook
        The build thread

Comment

No brake pad warning on these mate, its probably the low hydraulic pressure warning or sticky PAS fluid cap sensor
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
            No brake pad warning on these mate, its probably the low hydraulic pressure warning or sticky PAS fluid cap sensor
            Sorry that is what I called it.
            B5+ guy
            Going to take a look at it later on. Speaking with JP now about plans for the motor.
            Issam N. Abed
            iABED Industries
            iABED Email | Facebook
            The build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard-of-OD View Post
              Going to place an order tomorrow for (4) Compbrake units. Anyone in North America interested to save on shipping?
              Put me down for 4 units as well, need some for the Ur-q.

No codes from the ECU??
              www.quattro.ca
              B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km
              B3/B4: 91 CQ, 93 90q 2.5TDI, 94 80q avant 2.5tdi, 94 S2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by ralleyquattro View Post
                Put me down for 4 units as well, need some for the Ur-q.
                No codes from the ECU??
                Going to run a diagnostic on it over the weekend when I have time.

Ok
                Wizard-of-OD = 4
                ralleyquattro = 4

anyone else?
                Issam N. Abed
                iABED Industries
                iABED Email | Facebook
                The build thread

Comment

Not sure if you sourced your hubs yet, but found a good deal on eBay.

I've sent it via PM
                  Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
                  2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
                  2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
                  1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                  1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
                    Not sure if you sourced your hubs yet, but found a good deal on eBay.

I've sent it via PM
                    Issam N. Abed
                    iABED Industries
                    iABED Email | Facebook
                    The build thread

Comment

• Started building the spare suspension up.
                      Ordered yesterday from wavetrac the following:
                      A4/S4 (B5/B6) 01E 6MT FRONT - 18.309.170WK = $1395 USD
                      80/90/UrS4 QUATTRO REAR - 18.309.160WK = $1395 USD
                      (helps being a wavetrac distributor).

Going to make subframe bushings with serated sections to actually lock it into the body. Going to call ARP on Monday and see if they have metric hardware wide enough to replace the bolts.

Has anyone made a chromoly subframe (K-frame) as yet?
                      Issam N. Abed
                      iABED Industries
                      iABED Email | Facebook
                      The build thread

Comment

• Wavetracs should be nice! I fancy a rear one if I grenade my rear v8 torsen.

Do they do a centre as well?

Are the serrations going to "bite" into the body, or lock into serrations fitted to the body?

Terrybullwon has one made by puglife IIRC

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...=50050&page=39

Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                        Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                          Wavetracs should be nice! I fancy a rear one if I grenade my rear v8 torsen.

Do they do a centre as well?

Are the serrations going to "bite" into the body, or lock into serrations fitted to the body?

Terrybullwon has one made by puglife IIRC

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...=50050&page=39
                          They do not do a centre one but you can get bias shims for it to set the bias. As for the serrations , they are just going to lock. I found that the 034 units on my last car had way too much play. Like throwing a hot dog down a hallway...

Is James commercially making them now? I will sign up for one if so.

Side track.
                          How many of you would be interested if I got the thermostat housing replicated in cast aluminum again?
                          Last edited by Wizard-of-OD; 26 October 2014, 01:57.
                          Issam N. Abed
                          iABED Industries
                          iABED Email | Facebook
                          The build thread

Comment

• Another custom subframe option, closer to home, is worth investigating.

My2000apb has redone everything in quite a tidy manner,

His build thread with some details follows. When I asked, he was up to build some for others at a reasonable price. Just didnt fit for my timeline. I'll try again on v2.

http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=193
                            Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
                            2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
                            2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
                            1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                            1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

• DECEMBER 5TH 2014:

Like everything in life , most projects tend to change through out the course. I am breaking down the project into various stages.From the start I have always stated this will be an OEM+ theme car. I do not have the desire to "ruin" it by trying to make 600+whp. I want to build it the way it should have come from Audi.
                              - Bigger brakes (Front & Rear)
                              - Decent Suspension upgrades
                              - Recaro interior
                              - BBS wheels
                              - 400whp
                              - OEM management.
                              - OEM wire harness

Stage 0 - current state.
                              Stage 1 - EFR7163 Turbo kit
                              Stage 2 - EFR7670 Turbo kit w/ full suspension redo.

Stage 1:
                              After conversing with Hank (Iroz Motorsport) , he needs a decent test pilot for his turbo kit in the small chassis and I just so happen to know a guy . For my short term goals and time line it fits the bill as the entry price point is extremely reasonable and it allows for something to happen within the Stage 0 ---> Stage 2 gap while JP@JNL gets all his ducks in a row.

Motronic Tuning:
                              EFIExpress (Marc Swanson) will be handling the tuning for Iroz's kits and Marc has managed to come up with an amazing product. We will dyno the S2 with everything being bone stock (aside from the 6 speed conversion) see what it does in the numbers department and then install the plug and play EFR7163 kit from Hank. Considering a chip is not yet available for the EFR7163 in a 3B , I am going with the VEMS plug and play ECU box from Marc to get it initially dialed in and then hopefully after a few trial and error runs , we are able to create a chip that will somewhat mimic what the VEMS is able to do.
                              Link to the EFIExpress Motronic replacement ECU:

Stage 2:
                              The bodywork & paint shop I feel extremely comfortable with will not be able to fit me in until the middle of March. Considering I want the vehicle ready for the 1st week of June , that gives me May to build it up and December ---> February to "test" the 7163 kit hopefully on days where the roads will have 0 salt/snow.

This is the list for the motor build which needs to be done by the middle of April 2015.
                              • Audi AAT 2.5 TDI Block
                              • Audi 2.5 TDI 95.5mm Forged crankshaft
                              • Mahle Motorsport 82mm bore x 95.5mm stroke w/9:1 CR pistons
                              • DM Forged 160/21mm Connecting Rods w/ Rifle drill through the centre
                              • Mahle Clevite Connecting Rod bearings
                              • I5 Sputter Main bearings - Calico Coated
                              • ARP Main Studs
                              • ARP M12 x 1.75 Head studs
                              • Audi 7A Oil filter Housing
                              • Mocal SPIT Sandwhich plate
                              • Mocal A1910 19 row oil cooler
                              • INA baffled & kicked out oil pan (never seen a racing oil pan for the 3B to date)
                              • /
                              • Audi AAN Cylinder Head
                              • JNL Racing - Cylinder Head port work
                              • Custom CAT Cams
                              • Supertech +2mm Intake Valves
                              • Supertech +1mm Exhaust Valves
                              • Supertech Valve Springs & Ti Retainers
                              • (20) AZG VW MK4 2.0 8V lightweight lifters
                              • AAN Valve cover
                              • INA CNC'ed Coil Pack holder
                              • INA 10-AN Fuel Rail
                              • ID1300cc injectors
                              • MTM Replica intake manifold - opened to 75mm
                              • INA 75mm throttle body
                              • /
                              • Radiumauto FPR & Fueling components
                              • Fluidampr Harmonic Dampner w/INA machined ring
                              • INA Accessory bracket
                              • AAA VR6 Alternator - 120A
                              • AWP MK4 1.8T KYB Power Steering Pump
                              • Cast T3 turbo Manifold
                              • EFR7670 Turbocharger
                              • INA Oil & Coolant lines (not like the garbage others sell that don't fit)
                              • TiAL MVS 38mm Wastegate (water cooled on separate circuit)

So what have I been up to? Aside from buying various bits and pieces as Christmas gifts (don't tell the misses) I have been busy designing components that I deem necessary for my end goal. Two of which I think most here will appreciate:
                              1. 75mm Throttle body that will work with OEM everything
                              2. Accessory bracket that will clearance a forward facing intake manifold.

Last week I posted in this thread
                              http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...t=49192&page=2

I usually find myself constantly redoing designs and this was the latest Revision (REV_06)

Which then became this:

which will eventually get chewed out of Aluminum on Monday while I do a trial fitment over the weekend. Thought about long term what some users would not want to do i.e. wanting something plug and play without porting so I did make a 66mm ID to 75mm ID adapter plate 8mm thick.

Topic of Throttle Position Sensors.
                              There seems to be ALOT of conflicting information with respect to TPS.
                              I have the following 2 TPS:
                              Audi 200 20VT - 3B - OEM # - 034133154F / BOSCH #: 0 280 120 410
                              Audi URS4 20VT - AAN - OEM # 078 133 154 / BOSCH # : 0 280 120 431

Threads of reference that I came across that had information relating to the matter:
                              http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/21009.phtml
                              http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/20405.phtml
                              http://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi...meter-2833936/

The common theme across the threads was the TPS's have different readings , however , my findings were the opposite. I have been looking at new Bosch TPS's and the cheapest I found was from the Audi A8 3.6. Everything I can see points that it is interchangeable with the AAN.

So , does anyone here know (not what the Bentley or other books say because they are different part #'s) what the difference is between the Bosch 6-PIN Throttle Position Sensors found on the following vehicles:
                              - 3B Audi 200 20VT
                              - 3B Audi S2
                              - AAN - Audi URS4
                              - ADU - Audi RS2
                              - Audi A4 B5 2.8 12V V6
                              - Audi A8 3.6 32V V8
                              and pretty much all the vehicles I came across that had a Bosch 6-PIN TPS (including Porsche).

Thanks,
                              Issam
                              Issam N. Abed
                              iABED Industries
                              iABED Email | Facebook
                              The build thread

Comment

• Nice work on the throttle body. Im not sure on the part numbers for the TPS, I can take measurements from mine if it helps?
                                Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
                                X