Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1992 AUDI S2 Project - Keep it British with a twist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a fair bit of searching I was able to uncover this little gem for you. For me, a coupe is no longer a coupe without it distinctive tailgate spoiler.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
      After a fair bit of searching I was able to uncover this little gem for you. For me, a coupe is no longer a coupe without it distinctive tailgate spoiler.
      thats the one

Comment

Wow, that looks wrong.

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
        Remove hub (do wheel bearing while you are at it), rotate holes 36 degrees and drill and tap five new M14 holes? Quicker that waiting for S2 hubs off this forum (or ebay, etc).
        What I would do.
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by david1980 View Post
          There is a set on motorgeek in america for sale http://www.motorgeek.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=53663
          Messaged him before I made the post. They are sold
          Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
          Remove hub (do wheel bearing while you are at it), rotate holes 36 degrees and drill and tap five new M14 holes? Quicker that waiting for S2 hubs off this forum (or ebay, etc).
          That is a last resort. If I can find good / new units I will take them.
          also switching from single to duel mass flywheel you will need a spacer if you've not already got that far.
          Allready got that far and yes got the correct flywheel. I do own INA you know
          Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
          Well that settles it then!
          Issam N. Abed
          iABED Industries
          iABED Email | Facebook
          The build thread

Comment

Just checking

worth checking with audi if they can order you a hub, they are around ÂŁ70 last time I checked.

Comment

Just checking

worth checking with audi if they can order you a hub, they are around ÂŁ70 last time I checked.
              Not able to order an Audi part here unless it was offered here.
              Got a lead on a few but the sellers are not getting back to me. The car moved under its own power tonight.

p.s. drilled out the hub and used 5 studs for the time being. It is a quick fix for now....

DHL is bringing me a special box from Germany in the morning. Serpentine conversion is happening
              Issam N. Abed
              iABED Industries
              iABED Email | Facebook
              The build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard-of-OD View Post
                DHL is bringing me a special box from Germany in the morning. Serpentine conversion is happening
                For anyone wondering , the accessory bracket is 074 260 885 A
                This will allow the use of the following:
                - Fluidampr harmonic dampner
                - MK4 KYB Power steering pump
                - 120A VR6 Alternator
                The only issue is the tensioning system on the 2.5 TDI Eurovan is on the exhaust manifold side so in an AAN/3B/ADU I will have to retrofit either a Porsche or Ford tensioning arm into the bracket and considering the location of the Alternator support hits the MTM intake manifold , I have to make an adapter anyway.
                Pics shortly.
                Issam N. Abed
                iABED Industries
                iABED Email | Facebook
                The build thread

Comment

in for pics
                  BEAST '90 CQ 24v VRT / O1E / v8 rear, HOLSET SUPER 40 http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtop...1&t=193#p37887
                  DD '86 4kq BLAZE, swapping aba/16vT and O1E http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtop...1&t=201#p38264

Comment

For anyone wondering , the accessory bracket is 074 260 885 A
                    This will allow the use of the following:
                    - Fluidampr harmonic dampner
                    - MK4 KYB Power steering pump
                    - 120A VR6 Alternator
                    The only issue is the tensioning system on the 2.5 TDI Eurovan is on the exhaust manifold side so in an AAN/3B/ADU I will have to retrofit either a Porsche or Ford tensioning arm into the bracket and considering the location of the Alternator support hits the MTM intake manifold , I have to make an adapter anyway.
                    Pics shortly.
                    074 260 885 A superceeds to 074 145 167 C
                    List price = $333.10 USD
                    Cost = $219.85 USD
                    Back ordered indefinitely from Volkswagen. Called up a few friends who were in the Eurovan community and one of them had a 2.5 TDI sitting down collecting dust so off the bracket came and tossed it in the aqua blaster.

had some time tonight so took one of the AAN motors I had in collection and tossed it on the engine stand. Mounted the bracket up to see what issues I would run into.
                    ]

Excuse the bad camera , Samsung S4 != Nikon D80

Being that this came from a 2.5 TDI w/ a 10V cylinder head , the upper portion of the bracket hits the AAN cylinder head casting. Tomorrow I will have the guys throw it on the mill and take the upper portion off . The other issue I can forsee is the timing belt tensioner. On the AAN the bracket that mounts on the block face is approx 8mm thick. This bracket is 15mm thick so I will have to mill that down as well in order to get clearance behind the timing belt tensioner.

If everything goes good then I will only have to weld on a plate so that a MK4 1.8T/2.0 8V accessory belt tensioner can bolt to it and with any luck this is what we are looking at which should hopefully clear the MTM intake manifold.

(no comments on the belt please )
                    Worst case scenario , I will machine a whole new bracket similar to what we have done in the past for the 06A Blocks.

Also had a customer downgrade his B8 S4 from Brembo GT's back to the OEM's so he can trade the vehicle in for an S7. Managed to pick up these Brembo GT's which are lighter than the OEM S2 caliper (no surprise) . Was going to go with the 18Z's seen below but decided to give these a shot since we have an account to Race Technologies.

p.s. Race technologies said if there is more than 20 people , they will develop a Brembo GT kit for the S2/RS2 with the hats having dual bolt pattern (5 x 112 & 5 x 130).

That is all for now.
                    Issam N. Abed
                    iABED Industries
                    iABED Email | Facebook
                    The build thread

Comment

This is NICE

E50's would be awesome! Very but very ÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁ

CH's look the part
                      Last edited by lcsmith; 11 September 2014, 10:30.
                      Audi A4 (B7) 2.0 Tdi (140PS)
                      Audi 80 (Typ 89) Quattro 16v
                      2 x Audi URS4 2.2 20v Turbo
                      Audi 100 (C3) Quattro 2.2 10v Turbo
                      Audi 100 (C3) 2.2 10v Turbo (Auto)
                      Audi 200 (C3) 2.1 10v Turbo - Scrapped
                      2 x Audi 80 (Typ 89) Quattro 1.8 8v - Scrapped

Comment

Belt system looks interesting mate, looks like you are making good progress.
                        Are you worried about airflow to the rad with the reverse inlet pipework routed down there too?
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by lcsmith View Post
                          This is NICE

E50's would be awesome! Very but very ÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁ

CH's look the part
                          Jason@Rotiform got them off of a DTM car with the back padding clearanced for a much larger caliper. I guess I lucked out since talks of recreating the E50 through BBS USA has been going on for almost 2 years.
                          Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                          Belt system looks interesting mate, looks like you are making good progress.
                          Are you worried about airflow to the rad with the reverse inlet pipework routed down there too?
                          Have not given the airflow any thought to be quite honest. What are others using? Just a larger Fadal pusher fan?

So here is the current update.
                          Got the bracket milled down and was able to get the front of the bracket bolted to the block face , however , it appears that the 2.5 TDI blocks use a much larger water pump casting. I wonder if anyone who has used the blocks ever noticed that a 4mm spacer is needed between the bracket and the block to space it out. Almost missed it if I didn't get the micrometer out.

So this is how it currently looks:

I know there is an option on the market for a Fluidampr modifying the OEM 1.8T unit but from my experience having a direct connection with Fluidampr that this was not going to work as the 551201 is not only too small in diameter but the actual silicone of the unit does not have a mass geared towards the inline-5. Made this for a 2.5 TDI and was happy with the results. Going to make one for the 2.2 now and black anodize it to give it that OEM look.

Now considering that the 074 260 885 A required approx 25 minutes of machine time to get it to the state you see above I did some quick math.
                          USED = $75-$150
                          NEW = $220 USD
                          Machining time @ $70/hr (that is what we charge) = $29.16 USD

So without even welding or adding the adapter for the tensioner I am $170-$250 USD in the hole. I have sent out a spare brand new 7A block for CMM'ing and will design a bracket from scratch once the co-ordinates come back.
                          Issam N. Abed
                          iABED Industries
                          iABED Email | Facebook
                          The build thread

Comment

OCTOBER 6TH 2014:
                            Managed to get my hands on an MTM Clone intake manifold (looks awfully close to a certain company that makes a similar product ) . Bolted it up to the cylinder head and looks like the Eurovan bracket project is a no go for those who are running the forward facing intake manifold. Sent the bracket off to be CMM'ed and will design up an assembly that will be machined from T6061 to incorporate the 120A AAA VR6 alternator and MK4 KYB Power steering pump. For reference this is what we are working with and the alternator interferes with the throttle body inlet flange.

From a cost stand point , I would probably mass produce the bracketry in multiple pieces with press fit assembly but for a 1 off , the material alone looks to be $250 CAD ....kinda helps having your own CNC mill

Will probably place the alternator directly infront of the water pump and the power steering right below considering there is nothing adjacent to the oil pan on the 3B & AAN motors.

Decided to take advantage of the weather before she goes back into the shop for the winter months. The BBS E50's were not ready (they are being refinished in BBS Gold by Jason) so Rotiform sent over a care package to give it that motorsport-ish theme. Pretty impressed with how it looks to be honest and the wife was pretty pleased with freaking people out on the highway. I was going to hand her a spare S2 steering wheel to scare some people but she wouldn't have it....******

Look everyone , the speedometer & odometer work. (#sofakingclown)

EDIT : Turn your head for this one....photobucket is beign a knob.

Edit : those are 18 x 8.5" Rotiform VCE not 17"
                            Last edited by Wizard-of-OD; 7 October 2014, 05:18.
                            Issam N. Abed
                            iABED Industries
                            iABED Email | Facebook
                            The build thread

Comment

I was going to hand her a spare S2 steering wheel to scare some people but she wouldn't have it....******
                              I used to do that in my mates Golf Rallye, peoples reactions are hilarious when you pretend the wheel has come off in your hands

Hope you're enjoying the coupe anyway mate, those wheels look massive on it in white!
                              Look forward to seeing your updates on the serpentine belt setup
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                                I used to do that in my mates Golf Rallye, peoples reactions are hilarious when you pretend the wheel has come off in your hands

Hope you're enjoying the coupe anyway mate, those wheels look massive on it in white!
                                Look forward to seeing your updates on the serpentine belt setup
                                Thanks! The 6 speed is a nice touch as well allthough I only get 1200 rpm's @ 88 km/h
                                not exactly what I had wanted but still an improvement over the 01A and it won't **** itself over the 417 highway

as for the wheels , mind the gap ....the KW's are not installed and won't be until I drop all the suspension (again) and redo everything. What are you doing for strut mounts? Going with camber plates ?
                                I had a set of the Mance mounts but after reading reviews on them that they did nothing for ride quality I decided to sell them. The car handles and drives like a truck , I feel EVERYTHING in the road which I love
                                Issam N. Abed
                                iABED Industries
                                iABED Email | Facebook
                                The build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X