Comment

very nicely done, looks OEM

Originally posted by Jonas_R View Post
        The finish result:
        now there's room for a proper subwoofer

Comment

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
          ...And those fees are just crazy
          It may be even more expensive to import an old car in Greece. When I asked for a price to import my L-reg Audi 80 2.6 Avant I was quoted import duties of 400% the price of the car... which I didn't think it was too bad until they told me that it wasn't the actual price I bought the car (which I had only bought for ÂŁ609 off ebay) but the price the Greek state estimates based on depreciation. To cut the long story short I had to pay 10000 (ten thousand) euros on import duties!!! Which is why the car now sits in my garden with the English license plates still on...

Comment

Originally posted by rxl View Post
            look at the bright side of it... you can sleep in the trunk...
            I might have to do that for when I go to Spa next year!

Comment

Originally posted by purplelion77 View Post
              It may be even more expensive to import an old car in Greece. When I asked for a price to import my L-reg Audi 80 2.6 Avant I was quoted import duties of 400% the price of the car... which I didn't think it was too bad until they told me that it wasn't the actual price I bought the car (which I had only bought for ÂŁ609 off ebay) but the price the Greek state estimates based on depreciation. To cut the long story short I had to pay 10000 (ten thousand) euros on import duties!!! Which is why the car now sits in my garden with the English license plates still on...
              Is it you that you are also trying to sell it for quite some time?

Comment

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                Is it you that you are also trying to sell it for quite some time?
                Haha I think that's a blue sedan you're referring to, not an Avant. It's been advertised on car.gr for some time now. It looks nice. I did try to sell my silver Avant months ago but all I got was scammer's attention so I removed the add ... or so I think I did...
                Last edited by purplelion77; 19 October 2014, 16:17.

Comment

I didn't expect to say that for a non-standard conversion to (what according to my opinion is) one of the finest examples of 90's era Audi design and craftsmanship but... I quite fancy that! I like the attention to detail. This is one sexy van! And it seems that every alteration to the car is designed to be reversible too.
                  Thanks.

And yes everything is made so it can be returned to a normal avant.
                  Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                    That's an ABY pipe, the 3B one doesn't fit with the ABY IM. There are metal and plastic versions, I thought the RS2 had the plastic one but not sure
                    Ok thought it was only plastic on ABY and ADU.

Anyways the metal pipe is better for my Water injection
                    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Timing belt service

So decided to do the timing belt today and the other belts.

Glad I did all the belts where very bad and the crank pulley wheel was cracked.

Also discovered that one of the previous owners had gotten the bright idea to just block of the crank case ventilation. No catch tank or filter. They simple just bloked if off.

They also broke the thread on one of the snub mount bolt holes, so I had to redrill it and stick in a heli coil.
                      Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Gotta consider myself lucky for living in NL then.

Comment

Hallo Jonas
                          Nice car you have bought!

I have brand new crank pulley wheel you can have - (if you have the guts to use the stock wheel again)

Comment

Yea, that bottom pully is scary. Way too many of the crack. Billet from now on.
                            Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

A classic shot of the legendary VAG bottom pulley!
                              sigpic
                              "For what you spent on that you could have brought a new car"
                              BUT I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR!

1995 S2 Avant, Volcano Black
                              1982 VW Golf Mk1, primer yellow, will be finished one day, maybe.
                              2003 VW T4 long nose X pack, (has become project)

Comment

Lucky save there
                                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X