No announcement yet.

Project - Pete-S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• Alright Peter. The new wheels look great fella. How's it feel with 17s on it.

Comment

• Thank you Lynn- it’s actually feel really nice.Car feels stiffer and more stable

Comment

• Hi guys .i didn't update this thread for long time .I dont want to bored you to death so just want to say that the car was on the road since last update and it was doing perfect.never let me down and made me very proud when people stop ma and ask about the car and put the thumbs up.
          Few months ago i have done my first ever track day on Castle Combe and again - it was amazing how well the car did -apart from the front brakes that after two sessions went metal to metal (standard brakes
          20190402_185939.jpg )

Comment

• so this motivated me to put my bigger brakes on .
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• so as some of you know my car have been mapped by Auto Mark and its producing now 363 BHP(crank) and it feels very fast.There is a slight issue with like so fare unexplained boost cut when trying to go over 1.4 bar but with slightly backed off WG screw its going perfectly fine.I was booked in to Mark to have this investigated but plans have changed now.Its all started as i was going to replace rocker cover gasket as there was a slight leak from the rear on the little half moon .when i start to taking this appart i found that few of nuts on the exhaust manifold are loose and its most likely down to the exhaust system that was build without flexy and the guy who build it also bolted it solid to transmission
              So we decided that it will be better if i will take money back and return the system (thank f... for that)
              Seeing the loose nuts on EM i decided to take manifold ant turbo off and replace the gasket.
              And this is where the plans have changed as in my head there was always the dream to have 500BHP under the bonnet of S2 and i didnt want to build new exhaust system that would fit my existing setu up just to have to modified it again in few years time to fit new turbo so after talking to my wife i have decided to take the car of the road and start collecting the parts that will give me my dream number
              Like so fare i think i will go for Garrett GTX3071R Gen2,but its not 100%decided yet.I would like to ask you guys for your suggestions regarding turbo,injectors etc.
              Cheers

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

• Nice build, I would recommend EFR turbo, they a expensive but after a run in my mates flawless cossie with 500 hp (crank) and full boost at around 2k rpm somewhere I was amazed. There is no fun with full boost pressure above 3500 after a ride in that
                  1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
                  2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
                  2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
                  2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

• [QUOTE=Wrath;n2063919]Nice build, I would recommend EFR turbo, they a expensive but after a run in my mates flawless cossie with 500 hp (crank) and full boost at around 2k rpm somewhere I was amazed. There is no fun with full boost pressure above 3500 after a ride in that

Hi Wrat
                    to be honest I didn't even think about that option as I never heard about them turbo-s.
                    I will See what I can find about that .

Comment

• dont think it will make full boost on 2k. i have an efr6758 making 430hp and i have full boost around 3100 rpm. EFR7163 would make around 500 hp with a bit later full boost.
                      garrett will go on full boost around on 4000 rpm.

Comment

• Originally posted by rxl View Post
                        dont think it will make full boost on 2k. i have an efr6758 making 430hp and i have full boost around 3100 rpm. EFR7163 would make around 500 hp with a bit later full boost.
                        garrett will go on full boost around on 4000 rpm.
                        4000rpm -hmmm that's little bit late but I guess most of the big-ish turbo will make boost at higher rpm then K24 7200?

Comment

• if you go bigger it will always make more lag. dont know how mutch power your rs2 turbo is making but an s2 with around 450-500hp is a fast car.it all depends on the budget.
                          as i remember vidar is making some rs2 hybrid turbos that can make around 450 hp and they are plug and play.

Comment

if you go bigger it will always make more lag. dont know how mutch power your rs2 turbo is making but an s2 with around 450-500hp is a fast car.it all depends on the budget.
                            as i remember vidar is making some rs2 hybrid turbos that can make around 450 hp and they are plug and play.
                            My RS2 set up produced 363bhp on my ECU and 371bhp on John(Newsh) ECU. And to me it feel like very fast car but I just simply want more and I'm now chasing figures I know its silly but who cares.
                            I was texting Vidar and he mentioned K26/27 producing 500bhp 500bi tough GTX3071r will be better option /more capable of getting to this power but I might be wrong that's why your input guys is greatly appreciated.

Comment

• in your place i would go for a efr turbo. driving 130km/h it gives me 3000 rpm in 6th gear. if i put my foot on it will drive crazy event at that gear..

Comment

in your place i would go for a efr turbo. driving 130km/h it gives me 3000 rpm in 6th gear. if i put my foot on it will drive crazy event at that gear..
                                To be honest the car feels very fast anyway and it does exactly what you described-6th gear on motorway (in Germany ) you put the foot down and it's only take moment to get to 100-120mph but watching probably thousands of videos on you tube make me want to go for more .I will try to copy few links later on to show that she is not slow but on videos don't really show that the car is fast -unless it's like 800bhp

Comment

Working...
                                X