Project - Pete-S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by geryS2 View Post
    very good idea that XKR heatshield, perfect !

nice work !

Comment

• Nice work Pete
      Criminal really that you can get a genuine Jag part for £20 and the equivalent Audi part would be £150+ if you could even get one :corey:
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
        Nice work Pete
        Criminal really that you can get a genuine Jag part for £20 and the equivalent Audi part would be £150+ if you could even get one :corey:
        Absolutely agree with you,when I find out how much it was for that part when it was still available I was shocked.
        Audi parts prices are just silly.

Comment

• IMG_8694.JPG
          Exhaust build has started

Comment

• Originally posted by piotr View Post
            My S2 is going to have exhaust system build up and I was not happy that I don't have rear box heat shield (obviously not available from Audi and it was very expensive when available)
            Solution-Jaguar XKR
            With little bit of modification it's fitted and I'm happy now
            [ATTACH]62820[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]62821[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]62822[/ATTACH]
            nice one exaxtly what i was looking for. any solution for the part over the rear subframe?

Comment

• Originally posted by blux View Post
              Looks real good. did some searching on it.
              C2P24830 is the jaguar partnumber. found £20 prices online for a new one.
              I guess if it fit's your S2 coupe It will fit most B3/B4 quattro cars. good find.

On the jaguar forum where I found the partnumber it seems that the 4 nuts wear through and the heatshield drops down. But on our cars we have more nuts on there.
              Problem in my opinion is the thin alloy in contact with the steel. It will eat through quickly. So maybe some good size washers and some non metal 'shielding' for the heat shield to prevent the bolts eating through
              Brilliant! I am having that, mine is crap and has already been bodged with penny washers to get it to stay put.

Lovely looking S2 and engine bay too...

Cheers,

Steve
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic
              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• Originally posted by rxl View Post
                nice one exaxtly what i was looking for. any solution for the part over the rear subframe?
                No-sorry chap,mine was ok so I wasn't looking to find replacement.Maybe you could look into self adhesive ones?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                  Brilliant! I am having that, mine is crap and has already been bodged with penny washers to get it to stay put.

Lovely looking S2 and engine bay too...

Cheers,

Steve
                  I'm glad you like it buddy

Comment

• IMG_8740.JPG

Small progress with exhaust.Its hard to fit 3" pipe over drive shaft.

Comment

• Loving the price of the Jag heat shield, I foresee many an Audi taking a visit to their nearest Jag dealer (I'm one of them!)

Comment

• Originally posted by John. View Post
                        Loving the price of the Jag heat shield, I foresee many an Audi taking a visit to their nearest Jag dealer (I'm one of them!)

Comment

• I would like to know your opinion boys as I'm not 100% sure what to do.
                          Now with fully rebuild engine and modification
                          Wagner EM
                          RS2 Turbo
                          Wagner Intercooler
                          3" exhaust
                          Bosch 044 pump
                          I want to drive the car for about 800-1000miles to brake engine in bofore I will take it to AutoMark for remap.
                          Do you think there is a possibility that it might be running lean?
                          (ECU was already mapped to 280BHP)

Comment

• Fit the injectors it was mapped with. Disconnect N75.
                            Drive less than full throttle, MAF and lambda will sort fuelling.
                            You'll be fine.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
                              Fit the injectors it was mapped with. Disconnect N75.
                              Drive less than full throttle, MAF and lambda will sort fuelling.
                              You'll be fine.
                              Thank you John-

Comment

• Why do you need that heat shield anyway?

Comment

Working...
                                X