UrS4 2.2T Sedan project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
    I was wondering why you left the cam belt covers (back and front) off your nice new engine? Did you know that debris can get into the belt area and cause the belt to either snap and/or jump a few teeth? Either way, the result is engine (head) damage.

Just sayin'

Reason was that i wanted to see if everything was ok during the first couple of km and then i never put it on.. I'm going to put it back now during this winter
    But now i remember another problem, the new oil pump is for 3B engine so my bottom shield does not fit anymore.. will look at a solution to get it fixed.
    Last edited by s0_big; 3 February 2015, 19:49.

Comment

Originally posted by s0_big View Post
      ...But now i remember another problem, the new oil pump is for 3B engine so my bottom shield does not fit anymore.. will look at a solution to get it fixed.
      Why did you go with the 3B oil pump and not the AAN/ABY pump?

Oil pump info: http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/93029.phtml

3B:

AAN/ABY:

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Today some parts arrived, 034-Catch Can Breather Kit, Ss-flange for my tial Q10 blow off valve and some exhaust wrap.

Anybody here that have tried this kit? When i rebuildt the engine i replaced everything that had to do with the crankcase ventilation. My thought is to run the same function as stock but with this oil separator/catch tank. What do you guys think?

Comment

Car looks great. I run the 034 catch can with an otherwise OE PCV system and it works well. I'm 315 WHP on a stock 180,000 mile bottom end.

Comment

Oil pump

Urs4boy: I wanted a new oil pump and a 3B one was easier to get than a AAN. Audi dealer gave me a price of 800€ for AAN.. The 3B pump from CP-S was cheaper. The pump internals as far as i know are the same. I just put the washer/distance on the pressurerelief valve from the AAN pump in the 3B pump.

Comment

So

Today i managed to get some work done on the car.

Almost completed, just need to go to the hydraulic shop and press the hoses. Everything mounted with real hydrualic fittings, Ptfe hoses and Ss covered.

Solenoid valve.

Started to mount the egt sensors nipples

Egt sensors test mounted and marked up so they have the correct deep in to the runners

Mounted the 034-motorsport oil catch tank today. Really a nice piece, hope it works good.

Tomorrow i hope that i will get my hoses pressed and find some mountings for the hoses. Then start to reassemble the turbo/manifold. Hopefully Vidar will send my new alu-radiator this week so i can start on my IC-build.

Comment

Nice updates. What ecu are you running? Or does the egt sensors have a standalone controller/logger?

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
                  Nice updates. What ecu are you running? Or does the egt sensors have a standalone controller/logger?
                  Hi, I'm going to run Maxxecu. Maxxecu have 8 input connectors for egt. Think it's called mini-k connector.

Comment

On Thursday i removed the Motronic box and started looking at mounting places for the Maxxecu box. Found a good place to pull my cables out of the cabin to engine bay.

Did some work on the car today.

Wrapped the DP so i won't get so much heat in the engine bay.

Removed the IM so i could drill and tap a 1/8" hole for pneumatic fittings.

One to maxxecu..
                    And one for my Tial Blow off valve.

Booked time on Maxxtuning for tuning , The 28 of April it's time to put it on the rollers and see how many Hp i will get.
                    Still i'm waiting for the new cooler so i can start figure out my ic piping..

Comment

http://www1.garaget.org/gallery/imag...c3c7f37c7a.jpg
                      can't see what is a part number on oil "catch" ..... do you have it ? maybe ....

Comment

[QUOTE=sailaz;839455]http://www1.garaget.org/gallery/imag...c3c7f37c7a.jpg
                        can't see what is a part number on oil "catch" ..... do you have it ? maybe ....[/QUOTE

partnumber is 034103623
                        it's from a 7A engine
                        audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
                        TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
                        AEM W/M injection

Comment

Nice progress.

Looking forward to seeing your progress on the intercooler arrangements.

Should be a good summer for you.

Comment

Egt Sensors have to stay in the middle of the runners, for correct temp.
                            Like this

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
                              Egt Sensors have to stay in the middle of the runners, for correct temp.
                              Like this
                              Ahh! I have to change the measures then.. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by quattro-nick View Post
                                partnumber is 034103623 it's from a 7A engine
                                Thanks for reply
                                just was a bit confusing when I checked this part number on vagcat ...

Comment

Working...
                                X