X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good luck

Comment

Today was the day

After a 800km trip which started today at 3am i'am finally home. Everything went wery good. I thought i would get some more power out of it but i'am happy with how the car preformed anyway (my first build). No problems at all. I was told that if i pushed over 2bar it will may be a risk because i ran it on 98oct so i decided to stop at 2 bar. We tried to push it up to 2.3bar and i went good but i decided to play safe and vent down to 2 bar and 378whp (461hp at crank) was highest hp it ran. Unfortunately i forgot to record a video but the tuner recorded the dyno runs so he will upload it later on. Some pics of my day
      Power is measured on the wheels!

Last edited by s0_big; 1 June 2015, 20:03.

Comment

Nice ! That´s something I would like to have in my car when the Engine is ready...
        1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
        2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
        2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
        2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

Nice. Just enjoy your car now. I'm running a Precision 6262 and at my first dyno session i was making 500hp at the crank with 98oct. Now after some time tweaks and E85 im at 700hp

So just enjoy and improve it now.
          1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the kind words. I'm really enjoying the car. It pulls lika a train as far as you keep the revvs up. I will polish the car tomorrow because it's worth it now.. In the weekend i will put many miles on it and hopefully i can find some old gentlemen in their porsches and smoke their asses

Comment

Video

A little video from the dyno
              Last edited by s0_big; 8 June 2019, 21:16.

Comment

Great progress / result. Looking forward to a drive by video.

Can the flywheel be used with an oem clutch ?

I presume the flywheel is lighter than the AAN flywheel ?

Thanks.

Last edited by macspring; 24 May 2015, 22:35.

Comment

wow impressive on the torque jumping from 3.5 to 4.5k rpm.is this BB or journal bearing CHRA?
                  one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

Flywheel

Originally posted by macspring View Post
                    Great progress / result. Looking forward to a drive by video.

Can the flywheel be used with an em clutch ?

I presume the flywheel is lighter than the AAN flywheel ?

Thanks.

The flywheel is used with 707 Sachs pressure plate.
                    Yes it's Lighther than AAN flywheel. But How much i don't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by popdemonic View Post
                      wow impressive on the torque jumping from 3.5 to 4.5k rpm.is this BB or journal bearing CHRA?
                      Hello. It's just a journal bearing. Precision 58/58 turbo.

Comment

• So what was the limiting factor stopping you from making more power?...
                        _Rubí_

Comment

• Originally posted by mushasho! View Post
                          So what was the limiting factor stopping you from making more power?...
                          The tuner said that it was a gamble to push over 2 bar with gasoline. And the exhaust temp was going up to much. We went up to 2.3 bar but with no big difference in hp. The tuner blamed the fuel.

Comment

• I am not sure how you arrive at the 28% drivetrain loss (483 stated hp).
                            I usually tend to see 20% on these cars. And 378whp would be ~454hp in that case.

That said, on 98 RON this is a perfectly normal result. There is not much use going more than 1.9-2 bar on pump fuel. Result is only heat and detonation.

I don't know what the dyno's ramp rate was set at, but the spoolup seems a little late.
                            A HX35 Super makes the same power and has 2 bar at 3.9-4k.

WMI or E85 would help a lot. In fact I don't see why you don't use E85 with dual map switch if you are in Sweden, as E85 is almost more common than 98 RON over there.
                            http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• Originally posted by prj View Post
                              I am not sure how you arrive at the 28% drivetrain loss (483 stated hp).
                              I usually tend to see 20% on these cars. And 378whp would be ~454hp in that case.

That said, on 98 RON this is a perfectly normal result. There is not much use going more than 1.9-2 bar on pump fuel. Result is only heat and detonation.

I don't know what the dyno's ramp rate was set at, but the spoolup seems a little late.
                              A HX35 Super makes the same power and has 2 bar at 3.9-4k.

WMI or E85 would help a lot. In fact I don't see why you don't use E85 with dual map switch if you are in Sweden, as E85 is almost more common than 98 RON over there.
                              That was me writing wrong... The dyno sheet is "correct" . I don't know anything about their dyno ramp rate. what is that?
                              The reason i decided to go with gasoline was that i didn't have to build a new fuel system. Just dropped in a 044 and new filter, injectors. Maybe in the future i will change to E85 but for now it's going to run on 98 gasoline.

Comment

• Some carbon

Couldn't resist to buy some carbon from Aron. Also fitted my turbo heat shield.

Comment

Working...
                                X