No announcement yet.

UrS4 2.2T Sedan project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So a few days ago the first test drive was made. Went good. But when i stopped at the gas station i saw something dripping from the car.. It was the fuel returnline that was leaking. I bought new pipes from Audi, was not so bad, like 100euro. I bought without the pipe for the active carbon filter as i dont use that any more and the price was 350Euro..

The new pipes that came with new mountings.

Art nr:

Yesterday i was at the wheel shop and did a wheel alignment. Then i started to assemble my "new" head.
    Mounted the lightweight lifters and the 7A camshafts, here is the head resting in the sunlight:

Comment

• 100 euros for 2 fuel lines? I am drfinately popping in my local dealer to see how much they are

How does the car feel with poly bushes mate?
      Last edited by hunker7; 1 June 2016, 17:24.
      '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
      '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
      '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• For all 3 fuel lines it was 350 euros. But if you skip the carbon filter return line ut was only 100 euros. Those "kits" have different art nr.
        Well i cant tell any differens with the new bushings yet because i need to drive a bit more first. But i can hear a little bit more noise from the drivetrain, nothing disturbing but i hear a differens.

Comment

• I wonder if they're made of steel or they've remanufactured them in something that doesn't rust.

What setup you have at the front, shocks/bushes?
          '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• I think they are made from the same material. But i think they are coated with some plastic stuff. Not so bad I think, they held for 23 years. I have G&M springs and shocks. Stock bushings so far. But i have a set of thuppus aluminium subframe bushings laying at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by s0_big View Post
              I think they are made from the same material. But i think they are coated with some plastic stuff. Not so bad I think, they held for 23 years. I have G&M springs and shocks. Stock bushings so far. But i have a set of thuppus aluminium subframe bushings laying at home.
              23 years isn't bad haha. Very interested hearing what you think about front solid bushes, as I can't make my mind up between solid or poly's.
              '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

• Yesterday i started to tear down the car to change the head.
                I will also install my timingbelt guard that i bought frome Aron. Everything looks fine i think and hopfully i will start it up tomorrow

The head is off: Just cleaned off the pistons. No damage even if i had run sometimes over 1000c exhaust temp.

The head just before i put it on the block: +0,5 Ovesize valves on exhaust and inlet, also inconel valves on exhaust

Starting to look like a car again, also Arons nice camcover mounted:

So, hopfully i will finish tomorrow and i will run a heating cycle and then retighten the head. If everything works the way i want it to

Comment

• retighten the head?
                  is this necessary with arp studs?
                  I have mine arp studs only one time pulled when mounting
                  audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
                  TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
                  AEM W/M injection

Comment

• I read in this forum some where, that it was recommended. But i don't know..

Comment

• So today it was time to fire her up. Went well i think. Had some oil in the water system but i think it went down in the water system when i pulled the head. After cleaning out the water tank it was all gone again, so that was good
                      Realised that the sound was different then before. Maybe it is the 7A camshafts.
                      Here is a little video from the startup:

So some day soon i will assemble the rest of the things and then it is time to book a time on the dyno for it
                      Last edited by s0_big; 8 June 2019, 21:28.

Comment

• Today i was out and tested the car on the road. It sure feels quicker but it's hard to tell. Sure works fine any way. I will put the car on the dyno some time this summer for some fine tuning and to measure the power.
                        A little video recording from 2gear:

Last edited by s0_big; 8 June 2019, 21:30.

Comment

• Originally posted by quattro-nick View Post
                          retighten the head?
                          is this necessary with arp studs?
                          I have mine arp studs only one time pulled when mounting
                          Yes, it is necessary after a heat cycle.
                          http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• Was out on a ride today. On the south Swedish coast. Really nice evening with 2 hours of driving. The 5 of July it's time to put the car on the dyno again. Let's see what i can produce.
                            A picture from todays drive:

Comment

• Originally posted by s0_big View Post
                              Was out on a ride today. On the south Swedish coast. Really nice evening with 2 hours of driving. The 5 of July it's time to put the car on the dyno again. Let's see what i can produce.
                              Nice looking UrS4. Volcano Black? (my 94 S4 V8 avant is Volcano Black).

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                              94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• Nice Avant No it's a paint called Amethyst grey i think. Shifts between pruple when the sun shines and looks black in the evening.

Comment

Working...
                                X