No announcement yet.

Small Urs6 project!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lot of copper grease everywhere! Specially for the lower bolt.

Rears done, we'll see if there is time to do fronts in this week.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by maiks View Post

Lots of copper grease everywhere! Specially for the lower bolt.
      Good man, you will be rewarded in this life, and not just in the next when you got straight to heaven.

Comment

Couldn't agree more. Copper grease is one of the best inventions in automotive world.

Comment

I was putting rear wheels back on and the bolt holes drove me nuts.
          So, I made a tiny upgrade to rear brake rotors too.

When you have Thuppu's rear brake upgrade, then you know that the brake pads don't have full contact and they will rust so I decided to waste a little time and hammerite.

Little before and after pictures

Attached Files

Comment

Bought new turn lights, not original Hella, but some kind of depo (were in stock), but better than old ones.

Attached Files

Comment

From my experience Depo is cheap but fitment and quality is good.

Comment

Yes, I think so too and it costs 8 euros a piece. But in the future I would like to buy the USA ones but they cost 60 + euros a piece. Don't know why but I like a little yellow there

Attached Files

Comment

The reason why the C4 100/S4 Depo clear corners don't fit properly out of the box.

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
                  From my experience Depo is cheap but fitment and quality is good.
                  I think Depo brand front corner markers are good value for the money. However, for the C4 100/S4 corners, they might need some "adjustment" with a file to properly click into the locked position. I have documented this before:

The reason why the C4 100/S4 Depo clear corners don't fit properly out of the box:
                  http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/154910.phtml

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                  94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Last winter I bought turn lights but they did not match and the store was already closed so I tried to modify them by myself but no help
                    So I put old ones back. This week I visited another store and this time I got the right ones and they work. So now I understand that earlier they sold me C4 100/S4 corners

Comment

This week I visited another store and this time I got the right ones and they work. So now I understand that earlier they sold me C4 100/S4 corners
                      Yup. UrS6 front fenders (wings) are different than UrS4 front fenders (wings) and one of the main reasons was the shape of the corner markers changed when they changed the hood (bonnet) grill shape and the headlight shape during the transition from C4 100/S4 to C4 A6/S6. As a result, the UrS4/100 corners will not fit in UrS6/A6 front fenders (wings) and vice versa.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

So that's how we learn, by experiencing everything on our own

One more thing - I weighed my car yesterday and the result was 1660 kg
                        Without me and spare wheel, only 15 l gas and air conditioner removed.
                        As I understand factory weight should be 1720 with driver and full tank? If so, then my car has gained weight with years, like me

Comment

Don't know why, ................
                          Neither do I.

Stick with the Depo front indicators and save your money.

Use silver coloured bulbs in the front indicators.

Keep sharing / updating.

Comment

Don't know why but I like a little yellow there
                            Me 2, looks cool

Comment

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post

Me 2, looks cool
                              So when are you both fitting US front and rear bumpers to match your US front indicators ?

Comment

I don't as I don't have a C4 chassis Audi, one should only take the best of both like red USA corner lights for example.

Comment

Working...
                                X